www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
What song are you listening to? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What song are you listening to? (/showthread.php?tid=11465)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: What song are you listening to? - Minty - 25-04-2013 11:51 AM

This was on the repeated Top Of The Pops (they're doing 1978 this year) this week.

I'd forgotten what a sad little song this is of love that was never meant to be. The guy who wrote most of their stuff was actually a children's author who also wrote Johnny Cash's comedy song "A Boy Named Sue".

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: What song are you listening to? - Caspin - 25-04-2013 07:19 PM

Ah, 1978. What a glorious year that was. Yes

If you are lucky perhaps they will have a bit of this on TOTP.

RE: What song are you listening to? - Minty - 25-04-2013 08:10 PM

Yeah they had that one on a few weeks ago. Currently it's the time the two Northern stereotypes & St Winifred School's Choir were doing "Matchstick Men & Matchstick Datsun Cogs" but there's so much bonkers songs like "It Takes Two To Tango" & "Automatic Lover" (with a guy in a robot costume that looks like it was made out of egg cartons) that it's compulsive viewing.

RE: What song are you listening to? - Ollie - 26-04-2013 11:55 AM

Thanks to you, Minty, I have recently been having an over-dose of Lisa Mitchell. :/

RE: What song are you listening to? - Ollie - 28-05-2013 11:25 AM

In a couple of months, a year will have passed since I became addicted to the dark knight rises complete score soundtrack and I still love it!

My favourite being this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R474vlTZKK4&feature=plpp

RE: What song are you listening to? - Minty - 04-06-2013 11:27 PM

Their drummer recently managed to sprain the tendons on one of his arms so badly it's been put in a sling. What was he doing? Restoring statues with a scalpel! To make it worse, he's also been a professional blacksmith for years!

RE: What song are you listening to? - Ollie - 07-06-2013 12:08 PM

I've recently been re-visiting the 40s, 50s and 60s with songs like: a little bird told me, baby its cold outside, ain't that kick in the head, etc.

RE: What song are you listening to? - Caspin - 16-06-2013 05:27 PM

This just came on the radio so I started dancing around in the kitchen, using my chopping board as a guitar. Apparently this is not cool behaviour and will result in being mocked. Let this be a warning to the rest of you. Yes

[Image: Resized Images copy_0025_Chop2Pot PLUS_green.jpg.jpeg]

RE: What song are you listening to? - Minty - 19-06-2013 09:30 PM

Anyone that doesn't get the automatic urge to do air guitar when Ace Of Spades comes on is clinically dead.

RE: What song are you listening to? - Caspin - 19-06-2013 10:07 PM

True, but I think it was the use of the chopping board as a prop that got me mocked. That picture is my actual chopping board - not very rock 'n' roll, alas. Now there's a challenge - find a rock and roll chopping board for air guitar purposes!

Today I am slightly more mellow.