www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam) - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Once Upon A Simming Time (Stories & Legacies) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Sims 3: Stories & Legacies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam) (/showthread.php?tid=11565)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam) - Caspin - 04-12-2012 04:12 PM

I thought I'd start a thread to let you guys know what your sims get up to in my game (also it will help me to consolidate my cat pic spam into one handy location). Yes

So, currently I have Minty, Ollie and [removed] in my game. [removed] is the busiest sim in the universe and cannot be met! She constantly drives round town, stopping at venues for a few minutes before driving off again! I think she is working in the business offices again, but who knows what she's up to really!

Ollie is at school and in his spare time he works as a stylist (not sure how you feel about that Ollie!). Minty is a fireman and spends all of his time at the station. Makes sense, since he is the only fireman in town, he has to work all shifts. He was briefly dating a Judge Judy sim that I made a while ago (don't ask) but that ended badly when she suddenly married someone else.

I did manage to invite everyone to dinner one evening. I cooked up some nice food on my Japanese grill thing, but nobody got to try any because Minty immediately grabbed the plate and washed it up! Luckily I had some pancakes stashed away so we ate those instead. Ollie and I did his homework while Minty threw food at my cat.

Aw, jump Jezebel, jump!

[Image: SF_03_MintyFeedsJezebel.jpg]

Afterwards we watched TV and Jezebel decided that Ollie would make a lovely seat. I'm not quite sure but I think Minty is plotting to steal my computer?

[Image: SF_04_WatchingTV.jpg]

Hmmm. Just try it!

That is all for now!

RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam) - Ollie - 06-12-2012 12:11 PM

Me, a stylist? :\
I must say I wanna see some more of that judge July, jeez I love that show.

RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam) - Caspin - 06-12-2012 09:56 PM

Mmm I know, not sure why you are a stylist. I will change your career to whatever you like when you age up to YA. In my last game you were a part-time inventor, which also seemed odd, but perhaps preferable to stylist!

Seems like you've picked up a girlfriend along the way too. I got a message about you exchanging 'pins' and then next thing you were in a big argument.

[Image: SF_05_KishaAndOllie.jpg]

Don't see that lasting any longer than Minty and Judge J Biggrin

Also I have discovered why [removed] is such a busy bee.

[Image: SF_06_Somayea.jpg]

I'll have no time to play more till the weekend, when I want to check out Monte Vista anyway, so your sims all safe for a little while.

RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam) - Ollie - 07-12-2012 06:51 AM

Sommie, giving birth? :\
Also, architecture seems like the right profession for me. Tongue

RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam) - Caspin - 07-12-2012 08:06 AM

OK, I'll see if I can give your sim a nudge towards a different career path Ollie Smile

RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam) - Caspin - 08-12-2012 06:08 PM

Very frustrating morning spent fighting with CAS, or CAH, or whatever it is these days. Could not change one single outfit without it freezing up and I couldn't get into windowed mode so I had to switch off my Mac in an improper manner. I got very cross with stupid game and used some words of one syllable.

:nonono:

All is well as long as I stay out of CAS, so gave up organising clothes and decided to just play. So now I can provide an update on the goings on of SF sims and various virtual kitties.

Caspin and Jezebel did some sleeping - stick to what you're good at! They both had a lot of dreams about sunflowers and prawns.

[Image: SF_07_Sleepies.jpg]

Caspin was a bit bored so decided to try out moonlighting. I've been playing on Eloni Island (thank you Richdre) and there are a few bars just along the beach front where her apartment block is situated. We headed to a sports bar to do some dangerous-looking manoeuvres with fire and alcohol. Don't try this at home kids.

[Image: SF_08_MoonlightingDanger.jpg]

She made quite a bit of money from her moonlighting. Unfortunately she was too keen on sampling the produce for quality control purposes and was in danger of getting out of hand (or set alight).

[Image: SF_09_MoonlightingFail.jpg]

She should probably stay the other side of the bar.

Anyway, I packed us all up after that and we have moved to Monte Vista, the latest way to give EA a huge proportion of your income.

It's lovely though, just like Italy. I BeatingHeart Italy.

I dropped in a bunch of sims from the library and spent some time renovating a couple of the houses. Actually several hours now that I look at the clock! I made sure I tracked down [removed] quickly in case she becomes super busy again. We met up in this pretty park. [removed], you are in journalism again and picked up a fancy sportscar immediately upon arrival - the red one in the background (how'd you get the money?)!

[Image: SF_10_MoveToMV_Sommie.jpg]

Ollie, you are a writer in this game. Does that sound better than being a stylist?

[Image: SF_11_OllieNewCareer.jpg]

I snapped a picture of Ollie walking in the countryside but it's not in the screenshots folder. I'll get you next time!

Minty's house-sharing with Caspin at the moment. Minty, you are a chef at the diner. During the day you mostly like to walk between the pub and the park, where you sit and read books, then you stroll back again! I'm working at the school and in my spare time I am planting a vegetable patch next to the house and upgrading all the appliances.

I am determined that the shower will clean itself. This will be accomplished if I beat it with a spanner for long enough.

[Image: SF_12_CaspinsChores.jpg]

Care to lend a hand Minty? You could make a start on the sink?

Oh, you are very busy playing outside with some stray cats. Alrighty then!

[Image: SF_13_MintysChores.jpg]

But you will make dinner, right? Seeing as you are a chef I can expect something nice?

*Waits patiently on sofa*

[Image: SF_14_WheresMyDinner.jpg]

Um, no. Apparently Minty will not be making dinner. He will be making himself an ice-cream!

[Image: SF_15_ThatsNotDinner.jpg]

It's outrageous!

Fryingpan

RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam) - Ollie - 08-12-2012 10:21 PM

Yes, writing sounds perfect! I see that minty is quite the cook making fancy ice-cream for dinner.

RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam) - Minty - 08-12-2012 10:54 PM

Mint Choc Chip of course! Tongue

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam) - Caspin - 08-12-2012 10:58 PM

Oh dear - no! I like most ice-creams but there are two popular flavours that I really truly hate - mint choc chip and rum and raisin! Mint choc chip just takes like toothpaste to me, and the raisins impair my enjoyment of the rum.

Fortunately I have control of Minty the Sim now, so he knows to make me the java flavour or chocolate Smile

Added later:

In fact it really is best to leave the manufacture of the ice-cream to Minty. You do need to be a professional chef to get best results. Poor Caspin's attempt ended in dismal failure!

[Image: SF_16_Caspinicecreamfail.jpg]

And on we go. I’m glad you are happy with being a writer, Ollie, seems like this game has got that right at last. Smile I think I’ll invite your sim to go on a tour of Monte Vista tomorrow, we'll see some of the sights.

After failing completely to get to eat her ice-cream (that was very upsetting!) Caspin’s domestic woes continued with the sink malfunctioning. I object to this because I had finally managed to get CAS to work long enough to change her outfit and then the tap sprays water all over her! Hmph.

[Image: SF_17_Caspinsinkfail.jpg]

Minty is forever outside the front door, making friends with stray cats. This one’s very cute and also you get to see Minty in his work outfit. Now why would a chef wear a woolly hat? It’s hot in the kitchen isn’t it?

[Image: SF_18_MoreCats.jpg]

I reckon that between us we can get ambrosia made in record time. This version of my simself comes along with cooking level 9 or 10 and a heap of recipes (including the ambrosia book), we already have life fruits to plant from her inventory and so we just need some death fish. Since Minty’s sim seems very gardening and fishing-orientated, it should be done in no time! I had laid out this veg plot and finally Mr Ice-cream For Dinner decided to pitch in and demonstrate those green thumbs Smile

[Image: SF_19_GardenBeginning.jpg]

And now look at the nice array of produce! I am loving the lemon trees, no more nasty lime pancakes for me. Large supply of useful veg, as well as the all important life fruits, will soon be on the way. Yay!

[Image: SF_20_GardenVeryGood.jpg]

Bedtime for me - goodnight!

RE: Rambling tales of SF sims (with bonus cat pic spam) - Caspin - 09-12-2012 02:57 PM

Woke up ludicrously early this morning but at least I’ve had plenty of time to play!

Minty discovered that Caspin’s repair of the kitchen sink was not entirely successful. Come on then, you show me how it’s done!

[Image: SF_21_SinkNotFixed.jpg]

You will all be pleased to know that he’s now quite domesticated and enjoys hanging out all the stupendously flat clothes. I may decide not to kick him out after all!

[Image: SF_22_FlatLaundry.jpg]

I have been trying to sink a basement because someone wants a nectar cellar to fulfil their LTW but we don’t really have enough money. I’ve made a start by building a garden shed behind the veggie plot, then I can put a staircase in there. Eventually the cellar will be put in and I’l try to place a nectary in town so we can use their machines.

Meanwhile, the gardening is going extremely well and a random butterfly spawner that I popped in has started to yield up these very pretty purple butterflies Smile

[Image: SF_23_ButterfliesAndAubergines.jpg]

Caspin and Ollie’s Big Day Out

Well, OK, maybe it wasn’t sufficiently exciting to warrant capital letters but I enjoyed it! We went to see some of the new public buildings in Monte Vista. They’ve done a nice job on them, very picturesque. Ollie did some busking at some of the sites and Caspin offered support from the middle of the hedge.

[Image: SF_24_DayOutWithOllie_MakingMoney.jpg]

There are several public swimming pools in the town, I like this one best. Caspin is at her most clumsy at the moment (just as in RL as it happens!) and kept falling face first into the water. For some reason Ollie found this entertaining. I can report that Ollie won all the ‘hold our breath’ contests, which would probably be true in RL as well.

[Image: SF_25_DayOutWithOllie_GoingSwimming.jpg]

After our day out we stole Minty’s car and drove home. That’s us there in a black Prius. The walled part of the city looks very nice under the stars.

[Image: SF_26_DayOutWithOllie_Driving.jpg]

Back at the house Ollie remembered his homework and made a start. No homework = no pizza. So get to it!

[Image: SF_27_DayOutWithOllie_HomeworkTime.jpg]

Caspin attempted pizza-making. This can be an expensive way to make dinner - she threw this dough into the air and it never came back down (EA don’t do gravity?) - maybe it’s on the roof! Anyway, she had to get out more dough, which cost more money. Minty will never get his nectar cellar at this rate!

[Image: SF_28_DayOutWithOllie_DoughDoh.jpg]

Oh holy crap she’s playing with naked flames again - stand clear!

[Image: SF_29_DayOutWithOllie_Fire.jpg]

Minty came home from a long shift at the diner and was pleased to find some pizza left out for him. The sims get new ‘baked goods’ moodlets from eating pizza. Mmmm, pizza Smile

[Image: SF_30_DayOutWithOllie_MintysPizza.jpg]

That concludes my big day out with Ollie. I hope he had a nice time. At least I know he’s done his homework Wink

[Image: SF_31_DayOutWithOllie_LotsofPizza.jpg]

It would seem that Minty felt he had eaten too much pizza and needed to work it off. Yes, you bend those knees now! Caspin decided to just sleep it off and went to bed. If he starts doing star-jumps I’ll cry laughing.

[Image: SF_32_DayOutWithOllie_WorkOffPizza.jpg]

Biggrin

Added later on...

And Yet More Monte Vista Pictures and Updates

I’m really enjoying this game, it’s hilarious having SF sims to keep Caspin company!

[removed], you are now married to a guy who, I hope you don’t mind me saying, is a handsome devil. Sadly he is lacking in style, however, choosing to wear a bathtowel and riding hat wherever he goes. Also you are now a famous freelance journalist, but I’ll try to keep the paparazzi from bothering you too much. It occurred to me (too late) that I should have put that One Direction guy into the game with you Wink

I think I need to sneak into Ollie’s villa and plant a laptop, as he doesn’t seem to be progressing in his writing career and I suspect that might be why. Don’t worry, I’ll get on the case next weekend.

Meanwhile, I am determined that my household will feast upon ambrosia! We went fishing to skill up ready to catch deathfish. The game decided it was a date (try not to be too scared/scarred Minty), because all adult sims are now besotted with Caspin thanks to the new OTT attraction system. Well I wouldn’t mind going fishing as a date, I suppose, but maybe not in the dark!

Minty’s an angler and caught lots of trout, which I later made into fish and chips. Yummy things to eat in this game (except for one of the lasagne options for the new wood oven - lemon and aubergine - aubergine is OK, lemon not so much in a lasagne). I think he is level 8 now so we are making progress. Just need the death fish and then ambrosia is go!

[Image: SF_33_PracticeFishing.jpg]

I like following the car home and admiring the views. Monte Vista’s very hilly but there don’t seem to be as many routing problems as with other hilly EA towns (why did I say that, jinxed it now probably).

[Image: SF_34_Mountainside.jpg]

Meanwhile the basement has been placed and some nectar racks are ready and waiting to be filled. We had about three bottles already, ones that Caspin bought in some other previous game, but we are going to make the rest from scratch. We need at least 50 bottles and they have to be worth a heap of simoleons. I placed BluebellFlora’s lovely nectary in town so we headed over there to harvest loads of fruit and use the machines.

[Image: SF_35_GetGoodGrapes.jpg]

And here we are squishing. Squish squish squish! This stuff is 100% apples so it actually cider. Sadly it turned out quite cheap and poor quality but we’ll only get better from here. I’ll get out my spanner and whack those machines, that’ll help. Also maybe Ollie can come and help squish Smile

[Image: SF_36_Squishy.jpg]

Oh yes, the ice-cream nemesis is back! Mmmm fudge Smile

[Image: SF_37_IceCreamNemesis.jpg]

OK I have to go and make a RL pie now, so you will not be subjected to any more of this rambling tale until next weekend. Also I note the cat pic spam deficit and will try to rectify this next time.

Haveadrink