www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Cover Versions - The Good The Bad & "I'm Going To Kill Them For This!" - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Cover Versions - The Good The Bad & "I'm Going To Kill Them For This!" (/showthread.php?tid=11626)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Cover Versions - The Good The Bad & "I'm Going To Kill Them For This!" - Minty - 05-10-2014 10:53 AM

Lana Del Ray has a wonderful Nancy Sinatra style of singing, but whose idea was it for someone to be banging a metal dustbin lid in the background?

That Tony Bennett one reminds me how awful mono records sound. I'm more familiar with the re-vamped version that came out to tie in with that awful film of the same name back in the days when there was a rash of Hollywood movies all named after songs (Blue Velvet, Tequilla Sunrise, Pretty In Pink).

Next up, the brilliant & tragic Oliver's Army

Blur's cover was butchery in my view. It sounds like some kid at his kid's school concert doing it with a stylophone.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: Cover Versions - The Good The Bad & "I'm Going To Kill Them For This!" - Caspin - 05-02-2015 10:10 PM

Was looking for something to gaze vaguely at while I shoved dinner into my face and settled upon one of the TOTP repeats from 1980. And so, by chance, encountered a cover version for this thread.

I don't really like The Beatles' verson of "I Want To Hold Your Hand".

But it's better than the 1980 cover by Dollar!

Arrrrrgggggh make them stop! Omg

The 1980s - synthetic music, synthetic fabrics, synthetic smiles. Good times.

RE: Cover Versions - The Good The Bad & "I'm Going To Kill Them For This!" - Minty - 11-02-2015 08:02 AM

Biggrin The DJ Dave Lee Travis was famous for how much he despised Dollar. Apparantly Dave Van Day & Theresa Bazar fought like cat & dog off stage, & were notoriously unpleasant to deal with.

Here's a better cover version from the same point in time:-

Annie Lennox - the musical Bet Lynch!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: Cover Versions - The Good The Bad & "I'm Going To Kill Them For This!" - RoxyMiller81 - 20-04-2015 04:17 PM

I didn't know Tim Allen was in a band! Dizzy-1