www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Sims Complete Collection character problem - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Legacy (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Sims (/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Sims Complete Collection character problem (/showthread.php?tid=11732)

Sims Complete Collection character problem - ronnecurt - 22-08-2013 04:05 PM

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When I'm playing the game, there are no characters whatsoever. There's just a picture of them. I tried playing it on a different netbook and there are no problems with the game. What should I do?[/font]

RE: Sims Complete Collection character problem - Caspin - 22-08-2013 06:52 PM

Hi, sorry but i must advise you that there is a policy that technical help is provided only to regular forum members. In any case I have no idea how to answer your query.

Sad

RE: Sims Complete Collection character problem - Dwinger - 26-08-2013 04:57 AM

(22-08-2013 06:52 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Hi, sorry but i must advise you that there is a policy that technical help is provided only to regular forum members.
If somebody wants help, they go to a forum. I've done the same thing as ronnecurt here with a number of other forums and never received such a bureaucratic response. As members of the forum we should make them feel welcome by answering their question, so they can have faith and confidence in us if he/she wishes to visit again Smile

Now, to the O.P, The Sims is quite an old game by now, so tell me what Operating System your using. Many new ones simply aren't designed to play old games, although there are many easy ways around this.

-Or it could be to do with video card drivers. They need updating, and if they're not updated, they can often cause problems like this.

-Otherwise, your installation files might be corrupt, so you'd need to try installing the game again, if you haven't already.

Let me know any more information you have

RE: Sims Complete Collection character problem - Caspin - 26-08-2013 06:27 PM

Hello Dwinger, I hope that you can help them if they return and provide answers to your questions. I haven't played the original Sims game for over a decade and have no clue about the issue described, but perhaps you can figure it out with additional information.

The policy I mentioned is plainly stated on the forum headers and was introduced for a good reason, but by all means assist if you can.

RE: Sims Complete Collection character problem - ronnecurt - 27-08-2013 01:08 PM

Dwinger, i am currently using windows 7 starter and Intel GMA 3600 series .. i have updated my driver and the result was as if nothing happened ..

RE: Sims Complete Collection character problem - Minty - 28-08-2013 12:17 AM

(26-08-2013 04:57 AM)Dwinger Wrote:  
(22-08-2013 06:52 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Hi, sorry but i must advise you that there is a policy that technical help is provided only to regular forum members.
If somebody wants help, they go to a forum. I've done the same thing as ronnecurt here with a number of other forums and never received such a bureaucratic response. As members of the forum we should make them feel welcome by answering their question, so they can have faith and confidence in us if he/she wishes to visit again Smile

Now, to the O.P, The Sims is quite an old game by now, so tell me what Operating System your using. Many new ones simply aren't designed to play old games, although there are many easy ways around this.

-Or it could be to do with video card drivers. They need updating, and if they're not updated, they can often cause problems like this.

-Otherwise, your installation files might be corrupt, so you'd need to try installing the game again, if you haven't already.

Let me know any more information you have
Since you have chosen to take us to task over our five posts rule in two parts of SF today, I'll answer this.

I can assure you plenty of other forums would be a lot less diplomatic about it than we are.

You try answering at least one person joining a week asking immediately for tech help, promising to be a regular poster, giving you a tech query they can't get answered anywhere else, putting in the time to find them an answer in the hope they'll stay, & then never hearing from again once they've got what they wanted - often adding insult to injury by returning to post at Mod The Sims, More Awesome Than You, Snooty Sims or wherever.

Been there, done it, got the t-shirt, matching socks, gloves, scarf & bobble hat, every week here for years.

This has happened all the time in the three years I've been here, & I'll bet Ollie will be able to tell us it happened long before that.

In the past three years I've been here, not one person that has joined here first & foremost to have a tech query answered has ever stayed (the nearest we had was Totalhuni, & there were other parochial reasons I'm guessing for that, but that's another story). Once they get what they want, that's it. Sorry, but I had my fill of doing charity work when I was with Amnesty International and Community Service Volunteers.

The five posts rule was put in place to deter these fly by nights, & even so you still get the likes of the recent Sim_Lad, who rushed up the obligatory five posts to meet the requirement before starting to make his tech query, & once answered has never, ever been seen since.

http://www.simsforums.com/search.php?action=results&sid=e190f94e4d689b106624e5c0d076574d

We (that is Caspin, Ollie & I - the actual site owner is a largely absentee landlord) do SF in our spare time outside of our usual life commitments & trying to have fun, so forgive us for being none too happy at being treated continually as a free technical service to random strangers looking for some mug to do all the searching for them.

As I've said before, our attitude comes from others lack of gratitude.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan