www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
"Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Once Upon A Simming Time (Stories & Legacies) (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Sims 3: Stories & Legacies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+---- Thread: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series (/showthread.php?tid=11805)

"Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - smudgetaz1 - 31-01-2014 12:11 PM

[Image: episode1.jpg]
Unseen and Loved is my new sims 3 series that I am making. Counts as stories right?lol.

But it's about this boy who moves to a new house across town when his family loses all their riches and the house next door to his new house is this old creepy haunted looking house; which soon becomes his get away from life and a place to work on his art.

Please check it out and like and subscribe! It would mean a lot. I have a couple episodes out and the next will be out soon. So I hope you really enjoy it as much as I like making it Smile

http://youtu.be/Y7qZ5fXBbDU Episode 1.

RE: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - Minty - 31-01-2014 11:12 PM

Link didn't even work Fryingpan

If you are only going to go round forums posting adverts & not taking any part, don't be surprised to find it not doing much for your viewing figures beyond the first chapter Nah

Here endeth the lesson.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - smudgetaz1 - 01-02-2014 01:46 AM

That's the thing about youtube. If they subscribe and they watch and like, the will remember and continue to watch Tongue People who don't continue to watch because "I don't part-take to the forumns" don't really like it all that much it to begin with. They are just politely watching. And I'm not particularly looking for people who politely watch. If I wanted that, I'd go to my own friends in town.lol. I'm looking for people to view. if they like it, things will work out in their own way. if they don't like it enough to continue watching, so what. all in the part of the process.

And aggg I'm just gonna paste the stupid link instead. I hate those hyperlink things.

And it was 4am in the morning, of course I wasn't going to go around EVERY forum I went to and get involved when I just wanted to sleep.lol. You cant read my mind. And I like talking to people on forums, but im not a 24/7 forum person. I come and go since I have talking to people mood swings where sometimes I wont talk to anyone. Not even my own friend outside of the internet. just to clarify so you don't get angry when I disappear at times. -.-

RE: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - Caspin - 01-02-2014 11:02 AM

Hi

No need for an argument but take a look at the banner at the top of the forum. It's "the sims community". So I could just as easily say:

That's the thing about forums. If people join in and they post and they enjoy chatting, they will remember and continue to visit. People who don't continue to visit because "people don't subscribe to my YouTube channel" don't really have an interest in the forum's community to begin with. They are just advertising. And we are not particularly looking for people to use the forum as an advertising hoarding. If we wanted that, we'd switch on the TV. We're looking for people to chat and contribute. If they like it, the conversation will continue. If they don't like it enough to continue posting, so be it.

At 4.00 am I wanted to sleep so I was asleep. Nobody can read my mind either, hence the need to actually post on the forum in order for any interaction to occur. I like talking to people on forums, but I'm not a 24/7 forum person. I come and go since I also have a life. Sometimes I don't talk to anyone either. Nothing wrong with silence, some of my best friends outside the internet are just that because we've known each other long enough to enjoy each other's company without an obligation to provide noise. But this is the internet.

Nobody will get angry if you post infrequently, but we are likely to be frustrated, or more likely uninterested, if the only thing you ever post is a link to YouTube.

RE: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - smudgetaz1 - 01-02-2014 12:44 PM

I will become more active when I get the time. Clearly I JUST joined here LAST NIGHT. at 4 AM. I wasn't sure if I had to work or not so I had to go to sleep. I just decided to at least complete a goal before I went to bed which was yes to promote. but You will see me around like everyone else, I just didnt have time or the awakeness to start talking to people. And again, yes, THIS IS THE INTERNET. I'm not inclined to stick around 24/7. its not a requirement that I stay in frequent touch with people I meet and talk to on here. If people get annoyed at me that I come and go, SO WHAT. if that's what sets them off, they need to take a chill pill. I wasn't just gonna get on and off JUST to promote.

And yes I am aware what this forum is called and I am fully aware of how forums are used. Ive been an active forum member before. I didn't get on super amounts at first on those either. it just takes a little for me to really get into it. and I will stick with it for a long while too.So no need to give me a "dummies guide for 'what is a forum'. But I've suddenly lost all interest in this forum. I post one thing and go to bed and to work and suddenly people are making assumptions of what I am doing, which was not the case.

Future suggestion for people who DO do what you all assume I was doing, how about saying something more like a friendly hello and introduction, kind of redirect them to a thread so they actually post something else and become part of the board (or at least a start), and get them talking and then maybe kindly suggest that if you take part of part of the community, they are more interested in checking out your stuff.

THAT way, you seem more homely and friendly and welcoming on your first impression. and a better chance of them Actually coming to become part of the community and enjoying it.

You know, rather than saying "Here endeth the lesson." and putting a bunch of emotiocons that say "yea, idiot." No-body wants to get that as a first interaction. whether it meant to come off that way or not.

Being overly friendly on first impressions when talking to someone new goes a long way. adding know it all comments like "end of the lesson" after making a tip to help doesn't. THAT doesn't come off as welcoming. Some people come here intended to be friendly and be part of it, others have to be guided. So guide them. and if they don't budge, then sure, point out things like that immediately. should I add a emotiocon now? FryingpanWackoEgyptiandance

RE: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - Ollie - 01-02-2014 01:29 PM

It's just too bad That the video is supposedly restricted in my region on "copyright" grounds. :/

RE: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - Caspin - 01-02-2014 02:20 PM

(01-02-2014 01:29 PM)Ollie Wrote:  It's just too bad That the video is supposedly restricted in my region on "copyright" grounds. :/

Weird. Does that happen a lot in Oz? I can see it no problem. I wonder if it's because of the music.

RE: "Unseen & Loved" Sims 3 Series - Minty - 01-02-2014 02:54 PM

I don't know why I'm bothering to respond to the above word salad, but suppose as admin I'm obliged to (for now).

What's all this "how about saying something more like a friendly hello and introduction, kind of redirect them to a thread so they actually post something else and become part of the board (or at least a start)", there's an Introductions section on the front page of this forum, you can hardly miss it.

Us needing to be more homely & friendly? Most other forums would simply have deleted your thread & IP banned you as a spammer. It is considered bad forum joining another forum & your first act is to plug your own site before sitting back waiting to see the reaction, making zero effort to join in (especially one where there is a server bill to be paid for it - hello Matt!).

Re. your "meh-whatever" type riposte "its not a requirement that I stay in frequent touch with people I meet and talk to on here" - um, it does if you want anyone to care two plastic ducks about another random Sims player of the thousands already making You Tube videos already when there are hundreds of people we know doing the same.

A little less "me me me me me me me" (& a lot less shouting the odds when you've only just joined) work wonders unless you want to be the next Celoptra of Mod The Sims thinking the world owes her an audience.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan