www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Any Rush fans on this site? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Any Rush fans on this site? (/showthread.php?tid=11916)

Any Rush fans on this site? - Fraroc - 30-09-2014 02:35 AM

They're definitely one of my favorite bands. I've known them for a long time, but it seems that only recently I've really began to realize just how amazing they really are. Of course, Neil Peart is an amazing drummer and Geddy Lee is undoubtedly one of the most talented guys out there having he ability to play the bass guitar and keyboards while singing.

My favorite song by them is Witch Hunt (Part III of Fear)

RE: Any Rush fans on this site? - Minty - 30-09-2014 09:20 PM

I grew up with a brother blaring "Cinderella Man", "Jacob's Ladder" & all the rest every evening & weekends for longer than I care to remember. I liked some of their stuff, although I thought they couldn't seem to make their minds up if they wanted to be prog or metallers & paid the price artistically.

There were adverts on the TV over here last year for "Clockwork Angels" late at night.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

RE: Any Rush fans on this site? - Caspin - 01-10-2014 10:44 AM

It's not entirely my kind of thing, but I don't hate it. Tongue

I was watching some programme on TV last week about fashion in the music industry and it was hilarious seeing some of the prog rock people in their capes and whatnot. There are some flamboyant individuals out there.

Alas, since my brother and I grew up in the 80s we were unfortunately often found listening to some pretty questionable stuff, what with raves and so on being the norm. Or the cheesiest of pop. Urgh.

RE: Any Rush fans on this site? - Fraroc - 02-10-2014 12:03 AM

(30-09-2014 09:20 PM)Minty Wrote:  I grew up with a brother blaring "Cinderella Man", "Jacob's Ladder" & all the rest every evening & weekends for longer than I care to remember. I liked some of their stuff, although I thought they couldn't seem to make their minds up if they wanted to be prog or metallers & paid the price artistically.

There were adverts on the TV over here last year for "Clockwork Angels" late at night.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

Rush was one of those bands who changed their sound many times. In the 1970s, they were predominately hard rock and prog and around the 1980s their sound changed from prog to sort of an arena rock with Moving Pictures and subsequently they went new wave/synthpop when their album Signals came out.

In the 1990s, they were really confused on what to do, they returned to a much more guitar oriented sound where I totally get what you say when they couldn't decide whether they were prog or metal. Their latest music they released is kind of a mixture of both prog and modern rock.

RE: Any Rush fans on this site? - simspeaker4 - 09-05-2015 02:44 AM

Hi!

Rush is one of Canada's greatest musical gifts to the world. Shall we rap about favourite albums? What about each member's overwhelming talent? What about my opinion that Geddy Lee is the smexiest thing on two legs ever? BeatingHeart Okay, maybe not that last one. Omg