www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
emergency - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims 3 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ideas (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: emergency (/showthread.php?tid=1415)

emergency - *JET* - 02-04-2008 09:19 PM

I just thought of something cool like maybe the neighbor's of your sims or people walking near by would call 911 if your house was on fire or being robbed instead of it only depending on your sim or the alarms
not to mention I think that part of the houses like the walls and roof should be able to be destroyed by fire and burglars should have to break through your door or window or at least look like they are
as well as your own sims being in the room should scare burglars away

Re: emergency - Cassie - 02-04-2008 09:26 PM

Great ideas. Burglars just walk in the house through the door now, don't they? I think... long time since my Sims got burgled. But that's pretty lame. What burglar just walks through the front door? And I think brave Sims should, like you said, be able to try and scare the burglar off.

Re: emergency - bambigoddess - 02-04-2008 09:30 PM

Nice idea Smile Wow, I keep saying this, but I really do mean it - we need to be in charge of TS3's destiny...it would be completely amazing with all of our ideas Smile

Re: emergency - Bat - 02-04-2008 09:39 PM

(02-04-2008 09:30 PM)Bambi is Wonder Doe link Wrote:Nice idea Smile Wow, I keep saying this, but I really do mean it - we need to be in charge of TS3's destiny...it would be completely amazing with all of our ideas Smile

Ha, it sure would be awesome, but if all these ideas were put into the game, could you imagine the requirements?!?!

There certainly are some things that seem more important or stick out more, you know?

Re: emergency - Cassie - 02-04-2008 09:42 PM

(02-04-2008 09:39 PM)ABS Simmer3 link Wrote:[quote author=Bambi is Wonder Doe link=topic=1493.msg28360#msg28360 date=1207168219]
Nice idea Smile Wow, I keep saying this, but I really do mean it - we need to be in charge of TS3's destiny...it would be completely amazing with all of our ideas Smile

Ha, it sure would be awesome, but if all these ideas were put into the game, could you imagine the requirements?!?!

There certainly are some things that seem more important or stick out more, you know?
[/quote]

I agree, some ideas really stick in my mind, and some of them, as fantasic as they are, you know you wouldn't be so concerned if they weren't in the game. There's not many people who have posted ideas that I strongly disagree with, however. Everybody is so creative! Smile

Re: emergency - Bat - 02-04-2008 10:21 PM

I hear ya, lol!

Re: emergency - ChalyssaMuch - 04-04-2008 02:01 PM

(02-04-2008 09:19 PM)*JET* link Wrote:I just thought of something cool like maybe the neighbor's of your sims or people walking near by would call 911 if your house was on fire or being robbed instead of it only depending on your sim or the alarms
not to mention I think that part of the houses like the walls and roof should be able to be destroyed by fire and burglars should have to break through your door or window or at least look like they are
as well as your own sims being in the room should scare burglars away
well they make it seem like that sort of thing will most likely happen.. I mean they grow up all at the same time..can interact with each other 24/7 seamless neighborhood..everyone knows whats going on next door..so Im sure neighbors depending on their personalities will help out when needed.
(hopefully)

Re: emergency - 2ppanther - 19-04-2008 06:26 PM

well its a good idea i guess

Re: emergency - Kitkat - 20-04-2008 03:50 AM

Hopefully by the time EA gets to the point of talking about robbers they will add this little part  Smile

Re: emergency - dejadejavu - 20-04-2008 05:49 PM

Robbers should need to go in through a window/pick a lock. It would also be cool if windows could open/close/lock. Maybe a nature sim wants to feel the nice spring breeze inside but then forgets to shut and lock the window. Next thing they know they're being robbed.

If its a paranoid sim they would always lock an unlocked window (if free will is on), whereas most other sims would be a little more lax about it. It is the suburbs after all!

If a sim takes all these security measures like locking windows and locking doors, a burgular shouldn't be able to get in.