www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Unlimited Karma - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website Feedback & Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Unlimited Karma (/showthread.php?tid=1420)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Unlimited Karma - Cassie - 02-04-2008 10:38 PM

Okay, well. It has come to my attention that a lot of people share my opinion that the "One Hooray Per Hour" rule is kind of.... limiting. It's hard to remember everyone you're wanting to Hooray, so you have to write a list to remind yourself. And it's particularly difficult when you're playing "The Hooray Game", because many people who are posting frequently on there and owe people Karma unfortunately forget to give this Karma out, and I've found that when I want to Hooray somebody because they voiced a good idea, I have to wait because I already gave some Karma out within the hour, and sometimes I forget to give out this Karma when it was really deserved.

So, I was just wondering, is it possible that you could either remove the one an hour limit or reduce it? Maybe one a minute or every 5 minutes. It would be much easier to keep on top of things concerning Karma this way.

However, if there's no way you can reduce it, and it's just not possible, that's absolutely fine. I was just wondering. I would have PM'd you however someone mentioned they did so and you never got the message. So I thought, if I put it on here, you'll see.

Thank you! Smile

Re: Unlimited Karma - Paul - 02-04-2008 10:40 PM

How about every 20 minutes? That's perfect!

-supergeek-

Re: Unlimited Karma - bambigoddess - 02-04-2008 10:42 PM

I totally agree with Cassie. 100%.

See, I would hooray her because of this, but I can not due to the 'one hour' rule...lameness.

Re: Unlimited Karma - Cassie - 02-04-2008 10:48 PM

(02-04-2008 10:42 PM)Bambi is Wonder Doe link Wrote:I totally agree with Cassie. 100%.

See, I would hooray her because of this, but I can not due to the 'one hour' rule...lameness.

Lol Bambi! :Smile Big Grin

Thanks for agreeing guys. Hopefully this will be given a bit of consideration by Matt or Mr. Admin. I'd really appreciate if the limit was reduced!

Re: Unlimited Karma - bambigoddess - 02-04-2008 10:50 PM

Big Grin

Most definitely. It's just way to hard to keep track.

Matt needs to stop working and come read this thread Wink

Re: Unlimited Karma - matt - 02-04-2008 11:01 PM

My take on this is that Karma should be hard to earn, so the people who have lots can earn the respect of other members.

If we reduce or remove the limit on giving karma, it is obviously much easier for people to gain a lot of karma, a lot quicker, reducing it's 'value'. Think of it as Karma inflation!  Big Grin

Re: Unlimited Karma - bambigoddess - 02-04-2008 11:09 PM

Good point, but karma isn't really 'valued' on this forum. Heck, there's a game that's specifically for giving away random karma. It's not a big deal, to most people.

Re: Unlimited Karma - Cassie - 02-04-2008 11:13 PM

I agree. Maybe if there wasn't a "Hooray Game" where members can get as much Karma as they like, I would see it more as "valued". However, many people earn lots of their Karma from that game, and I don't think it's so much a of a great deal either. If you can give more Karma quicker, you can just give everyone who deserves Karma their Hooray faster, rather than having to wait, so they're still earning it. That's just me 50p on things. Smile

Re: Unlimited Karma - bambigoddess - 02-04-2008 11:17 PM

Exactly. They're going to receive it one way or the other. It'll just take way longer if the time limit remains, and that's...not fun.

Re: Unlimited Karma - Bat - 02-04-2008 11:58 PM

LOL, this was funny to read.

Bambi, you sure do have humor instilled in you!

If my opinion counts, I agree with the people who say the time limit should be reduced, lol (sorry Matt).

Like you guys said, if the limit is reduced, then more people would give karma, and the inflation wouldn't be very big.

But, like Matt said, then Karma really means nothing!

It's a tossup!

Oh, and I just realized what Karma was for here, lol. I seem to be a little slow figuring these small things out!