www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
A bunch of random ideas - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims 3 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ideas (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: A bunch of random ideas (/showthread.php?tid=2081)

Pages: 1 2

A bunch of random ideas - mythmonster2 - 25-05-2008 09:22 PM

Well, my left handedness thread didn't go over that well, so here's a bunch of random ideas that popped into my heads. I don't have any expansions, so bear with me if some were already in.
1: Realistic bills. It's silly to see families leave the TV on 24/7 with the radio blaring. Bills should not only be determined by the amount of items you have, but also by the amount of electricity and water you use.
2: BRING BACK THE POOL TABLE! I remember in The Sims, there used to be a pool table or ping-pong table or something like that. I loved it. I was disappointed when it wasn't in the Sims 2. Just bring it back. Lots of houses have these.
3: Spiral staircases. I know you can make them, but I just want spiral staircases right in the menu. Honestly, how many houses have straight stairs? Alternatively, my house doesn't have a spiral staircase, but it goes up, then turns around, then goes up again. This could help save space.
4: Can't really thing of a name for this. On the staircases in the Sims 2, it looks large enough at the end for like a painting, but you can't do that. Also, why not be able to have alarm clocks on wardrobes or any other combined things.

Well, I've got more, I just can't remember those now.

Re: A bunch of random ideas - tv_freak - 25-05-2008 09:43 PM

1: i like the idea of realitic bills i would like it if my sim would have more stuff to spend money on
2: there is a pool table in TS2 i think it came with UNI but i'm not sure
3: you can download spiral staircase but i personally don't see why people want it that much i don't see a special need for it but it doesn't really bother me if it'll exist in the game. also the AL pic makes it look like there will be spiral staircase with that ep
4: if you click ctrl+alt you are able to do that or you can use moveobjects on (i think the ctrl+alt was a cheat that came with an ep but i don't remember which one)

Re: A bunch of random ideas - mythmonster2 - 26-05-2008 07:40 AM

Oh yeah, another one is this. Why do A+ students take just as long to finish homework as F students? I t makes no sense, so why not have a reward for higher grades by faster homework times?

Re: A bunch of random ideas - The Adam Diamond - 26-05-2008 10:18 AM

I Want realistic omework. In TS2 either the Kid is on the honours list or carted off by the social worker. IT MAKE SNO SENSE!

There are 2 pool tables in TS2. One from Uni and One from Freetime (the FT version is slightly classier)

The Bills Should be more realistic. In real life it doen't matter how much stuff you have, only how much power you use!

Spiral staircases are most likely going to be included in Apartment Life.

i don't get what you're saying about the painting thing....

Re: A bunch of random ideas - mythmonster2 - 26-05-2008 03:57 PM

In the Sims 2, if you buy a straight staircase, near the end of the staircase where the base is tall and looks like a wall, it looks like there could be enough space to put a wall hanging there. Also, why not use other things, like be able to put alarm clocks on wardrobes. Maybe you could also put stuff like food on flat objects such as beds and chairs.

And another idea! Reaching! Right now, if your Sim is sitting on the sofa and wants to get a book on a coffee table RIGHT NEXT TO THEM, they stand up, go to the other side of the table, then go back. If Sims could reach, it would help us not lose valuable time due to stupid pathfinding codes.  Also, if something small is in your Sim's way, like an end table, they should be able to push it out of the way. Really, it's silly to watch a fully grown adult Sim get stuck due to a table that looks to be 10 pounds.

Re: A bunch of random ideas - dejadejavu - 26-05-2008 08:29 PM

I've always thought that you should be able to put paintings on the end of staircases! And we should definitely be able to put stuff on wardrobes and whatnot.

As far as reaching for stuff, and pushing things out of the way, I would LOVE this. But is it possible? Seems like crazy advanced coding.

Re: A bunch of random ideas - ilovearsenal - 28-05-2008 06:46 PM

i think the should be apartments in the sims 3
  • arguments between teens and parents
  • soaps as in eastenders and hollyoaks

Re: A bunch of random ideas - eternalbunny - 01-06-2008 09:08 PM

I want to be able to put scars on my sims. Facial, back etc.... also when sims get into fights, they should have bruises afterwards.

Re: A bunch of random ideas - shay.x - 02-06-2008 05:49 AM

1; Your best idea, I really like that.
2; You could get them from places like modthesims2.com etc.
3; Yeah, they're makeable, but it would be nice to have them buyable for the people who aren't so handy with making stuff.
4; Haha I don't get that.

Re: A bunch of random ideas - The Adam Diamond - 06-06-2008 08:02 AM

Edit for things: There is ANOTHER pool table in Apartment Life! Smile