www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Time Periods? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims 3 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ideas (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Time Periods? (/showthread.php?tid=2097)

Time Periods? - CountryGal4132 - 27-05-2008 12:17 AM

Yeah, we are definitely running out of ideas here but I thought of this one.

After playing the neighborhood they start you out on for a while, what if you then got to pick out a new neighborhood?  I think you can do this but here's the twist.  When you pick (or you could make but this is for picking) a neighborhood what if they had pre-made ones that are themed by certain time periods.  If you have seen the movie Hairspray you know that the clothes/styles/buildings etc. look very much like that time period.  What if you could pick the time period neighborhood and play with sims in that time period.

There could be a mideival period, a colonial time period, 50's, country/western themed one, victorian style neighborhood, modern, etc.  I know some players prefer a modern setting but I think it would be cool to mess with different time periods and homes.  It would be cool to also mix time periods like have a victorian styled neighborhood but the sims there dress modern. 

Just a thought, obviously I am bored with few to no new ideas so I just thought I would throw this out there.  Obviously probably won't happen but still, just a thought.

Re: Time Periods? - The Adam Diamond - 27-05-2008 08:53 AM

Maybe for that Space and Time EP i want?

that would be cool, but quite undoable for the basegame, they want to get the game out there fast, and try and get as much in from the OLD ep's a s possible. Smile

Re: Time Periods? - CountryGal4132 - 27-05-2008 08:41 PM

yeah, I know but it would be cool in an EP.

Re: Time Periods? - dejadejavu - 27-05-2008 08:44 PM

That would be a great game, but I think it would have to be its own seperate thing. One deal with the sims is that its open ended. At a certain point the history would have to end, because you'd get to modern times.

Also I think the game mechanics would have to focus way more on the environment and how it changes over time than the sims. I feel like that could be an AMAZING game but something that would be more goal oriented/had specific plot points.

Re: Time Periods? - gothika - 27-05-2008 11:27 PM

Yes i would like that  Smile
and maybe you could like change history or something  {rolleyes}
Then nothing would be the same. lol
I think it'd be great as an expansion pack, and not into the base game.

Re: Time Periods? - ilovearsenal - 28-05-2008 06:38 PM

i think it will be better as an expansion pack. i wouldn't ant to have a a victorian family in the base game, they never had teles and stuff so it will be Boring but as an ep it will be much better

Re: Time Periods? - CountryGal4132 - 28-05-2008 07:06 PM

yeah, in an ep it would be great I'm thinking.

Re: Time Periods? - shay.x - 03-06-2008 10:10 AM

I actually don't agree, I think keep it in the 2000 kind of period.

[edit] Sorry, I missread, I think that actually would be kinda cool Big Grin

Re: Time Periods? - CountryGal4132 - 03-06-2008 03:54 PM

ok, lol, I was kinda like you could choose what period you want so why is this bad?  I am sometimes looking for items online that I can download to give some of my homes a different look like from a different time period so I thought this as an EP would make this a whole lot easier.