www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Forum layout - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website Feedback & Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Forum layout (/showthread.php?tid=211)

Pages: 1 2

Forum layout - DaBoogadie - 18-03-2008 11:47 PM

From what I've been able to gleen from the very limited info is that, EA Games is going to push this game to hard core gamers. That means that high end computers. So I think that there should be a tech thread. Just from what I've seen, a good computer that plays The Sims 2 well, MIGHT meet min. rec. for The Sims 3. On a more personal note, I'm hoping for 64bit and DX10.

Re: Forum layout - Sazjay - 19-03-2008 01:14 AM

Maybe a pictures section, sort of like screen caps and game clips people have of the game for each section, they pic of the day ect, and maybe competitions like a caption one, someone puts a funny im pic up an we all think of things that it might be saying, all set out in different section so its easy for people to go into that particular section :0)

Re: Forum layout - porkypine - 19-03-2008 07:17 PM

I like to create CC for the Sims2. So, I'd like to see some threads dedicated to serious discussion of the modding capabilities of Sims3.

Suggested forum thread = Creating Custom Content for Sims3
Sub forum topic headers:
    Sims customization - modding the face, skintone, hair,
    Object meshes -  Discussion of how to create that new 3-legged stool that won't topple over  Big Grin and other objects.
    BUILD -  rounded walls. custom roof shapes..  Multilevel lots. new window and shapes,

etc.

Anyway,  I'd lilke to see some threads dedicated to serious discussion of the modability of Sims3 because I want to make CC for it.  Big Grin`

Re: Forum layout - matt - 19-03-2008 07:24 PM

These are all good ideas (thanks for all your input Smile) and we will no doubt create all these forums in the future. But until we learn more about The Sims 3, we like keep the forums quite generic then as we get more information we can create more specific forums. If we create a load of different forums about topics that we have no information on, chances are they won't get too much use and it will seem quite empty.

I hope that makes sense  :-\

Re: Forum layout - bambigoddess - 22-03-2008 04:02 AM

Makes perfect sense Smile

Everyone has really great ideas... I bet you'll get loads of members pouring in once it gets closer to the release of S3. 'Cause this site is going places Wink

Re: Forum layout - Bat - 08-04-2008 02:05 AM

(18-03-2008 11:47 PM)DaBoogadie link Wrote:From what I've been able to gleen from the very limited info is that, EA Games is going to push this game to hard core gamers. That means that high end computers. So I think that there should be a tech thread. Just from what I've seen, a good computer that plays The Sims 2 well, MIGHT meet min. rec. for The Sims 3. On a more personal note, I'm hoping for 64bit and DX10.

From what I have heard and read, this game is supposed to be made for most computers. They are trying to keep specs low. Like I said before, what is "low" to EA? [Image: confused005.gif]

Re: Forum layout - bambigoddess - 08-04-2008 02:48 PM

Well, sales would decrease if they made the game too difficult to load on run-of-the-mill computers, so my guess is it won't be too crazy.

Re: Forum layout - matt - 08-04-2008 03:15 PM

I'm sure it'll be like a lot of games these days. Where it looks great on the top-end PC's, with high resolution, detailed, sharp textures and lots of details everywhere, and on the lower spec computers, you can switch a lot of these 'unnecessary' options off as well as the option to turn off extra graphical bonuses, such as lighting effects, details shadows, anti-aliasing, that kind of thing.

So I'm sure it'll look pretty amazing on high end computers, and on the lower spec ones it'll still look good, but the graphics will be compromised as to allow the game to run smoothly. Saying that though, don't forget even on lower graphical settings, I'm sure it'll look better than previous Sims games.

Re: Forum layout - Cassie - 08-04-2008 07:55 PM

(08-04-2008 03:15 PM)Matt link Wrote:I'm sure it'll be like a lot of games these days. Where it looks great on the top-end PC's, with high resolution, detailed, sharp textures and lots of details everywhere, and on the lower spec computers, you can switch a lot of these 'unnecessary' options off as well as the option to turn off extra graphical bonuses, such as lighting effects, details shadows, anti-aliasing, that kind of thing.

So I'm sure it'll look pretty amazing on high end computers, and on the lower spec ones it'll still look good, but the graphics will be compromised as to allow the game to run smoothly. Saying that though, don't forget even on lower graphical settings, I'm sure it'll look better than previous Sims games.

I couldn't live with all the graphics turned to super-high! :Smile Big Grin It's so much more fun to play when everything is sharp, clear and detailed.

Re: Forum layout - bambigoddess - 08-04-2008 07:56 PM

Agreed!