www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Preferred furniture - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims 3 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ideas (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Preferred furniture (/showthread.php?tid=2632)

Preferred furniture - sillygiggle03 - 20-07-2008 01:46 AM

I had an idea that maybe sims can have preferred furniture, so maybe theyll like really expensive furniture, or cheap, or maybe they like a certain color or theme or stuff like that so when u buy it and theyre in the room with that furniture they get in a better mood. and maybe they also have furniture that they dont like and then  their mood goes down. but if u dont get the furniture they like it wont affect their mood. but if u do its like a bonus. the only problem with that is that then u have a smaller range of stuff to choose from.
wat do u guys think?

Re: Preferred furniture - 2ppanther - 20-07-2008 01:50 AM

like favorite colors  yeah i agree

Re: Preferred furniture - The Adam Diamond - 20-07-2008 02:33 AM

I think the colour thing would be realistic, considering they all have favourite colours.

But, wouldn't ALL sims like expensive furniture?

Re: Preferred furniture - sillygiggle03 - 20-07-2008 04:48 PM

maybe one of the traits is being cheap...

Re: Preferred furniture - The Adam Diamond - 21-07-2008 09:18 AM

But even people taht don't spend lots of money would still like expensive furniture....

Re: Preferred furniture - Michiyo Lawliet - 24-07-2008 02:37 PM

perhaps there could be a difference between good quality and tacky?
perhaps a sim would prefer a black leather couch costing less than the fuschia silk covered heart-shaped loveseat?

Re: Preferred furniture - sillygiggle03 - 24-07-2008 10:02 PM

ummm...wat?  {wacko} 

Re: Preferred furniture - Tangy_Tangerine - 30-07-2008 03:26 PM

I hope a materialistic trait is added. That would be perfect for your thought sillygiggles. Having sims that knows that he/she isn't getting paid much, but he/she wants the most expensive items and furniture. And yeah cheap(frugal) is in the list so far. And if materialistic is ever added...any sim without frugal and materialistic as a trait...will be more in between...as long as the enviroment is neat and put together well....they are happy with it.

Re: Preferred furniture - sillygiggle03 - 31-07-2008 10:26 PM

i always wondered wat frugal meant... i was too lazy to look it up. Big Grin

Re: Preferred furniture - Peach15 - 01-08-2008 05:36 AM

That's a funny idea. I like it though.  {clap}