www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Fires!!!!!!!!!!!! - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims 3 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Sims 3 Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Fires!!!!!!!!!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=2934)

Pages: 1 2

Fires!!!!!!!!!!!! - candiceSimsnumba1Fan - 18-08-2008 04:35 AM

What if a sims house can burn all the way throughout the house..instead of furniture from furniture catching on fire..what if it spread all throughout the house..and sims would have to escape the house...that would be cool..instead of them trying to put the fire out..lol

Re: Fires!!!!!!!!!!!! - CountryGal4132 - 18-08-2008 04:40 AM

it would only be cool if the fire department came...I don't know if I like this idea or not though...I don't want my home ruined!

Re: Fires!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bat - 18-08-2008 04:43 AM

This would make sprinklers be a better item to use!

Re: Fires!!!!!!!!!!!! - CountryGal4132 - 18-08-2008 04:50 AM

lol!  that is true...as long as homes were repairable I wouldn't mind...I would love watching this play out.

Re: Fires!!!!!!!!!!!! - Bat - 18-08-2008 05:15 AM

We better add insurance to the game too. Tongue

Re: Fires!!!!!!!!!!!! - Chanel - 18-08-2008 07:41 AM

lol bat
uhmmm, maybe i would like this with a suckish maxis-made house. Smile

Re: Fires!!!!!!!!!!!! - Cassie - 18-08-2008 11:10 AM

(18-08-2008 04:35 AM)candiceSimsnumba1Fan link Wrote:What if a sims house can burn all the way throughout the house..instead of furniture from furniture catching on fire..what if it spread all throughout the house..and sims would have to escape the house...that would be cool..instead of them trying to put the fire out..lol

I like the idea of the entire house burning through, but it would have to be super-rare! Even rarer then getting abducted. Because burning the house through means losing everything, the house you spent so long on and everything inside of it. But it happens and it would be amazing for stories and videos. Sims need more drama, their lives are too easy.

If the house burned down, they could have this thing where the Sims are asked to move out and live with a friend, family or find a small house for a few days or however long the rebuilding process is, and then the house could be rebuilt, seeing as there are supposed to be construction phases. The house would be rebuilt but none of the furnishings could be recovered, obviously.

Re: Fires!!!!!!!!!!!! - mrcat60 - 18-08-2008 12:32 PM

(18-08-2008 11:10 AM)Cassie link Wrote:[quote author=candiceSimsnumba1Fan link=topic=3085.msg118452#msg118452 date=1219030502]
What if a sims house can burn all the way throughout the house..instead of furniture from furniture catching on fire..what if it spread all throughout the house..and sims would have to escape the house...that would be cool..instead of them trying to put the fire out..lol

I like the idea of the entire house burning through, but it would have to be super-rare! Even rarer then getting abducted. Because burning the house through means losing everything, the house you spent so long on and everything inside of it. But it happens and it would be amazing for stories and videos. Sims need more drama, their lives are too easy.

If the house burned down, they could have this thing where the Sims are asked to move out and live with a friend, family or find a small house for a few days or however long the rebuilding process is, and then the house could be rebuilt, seeing as there are supposed to be construction phases. The house would be rebuilt but none of the furnishings could be recovered, obviously.
[/quote]

but what if the game saved right before it happened and you can chose if you want to burn your house down or use a cheat to enable/disable it?

Re: Fires!!!!!!!!!!!! - tv_freak - 18-08-2008 12:52 PM

our sims can have insurences for the house (like with alarms you can take a chance and not have it)
that way if the house burned down your sim would get insurence money to re-build the house
and if a house is burned down then the sims would have a bad moodlet but if they have insurence the moodlet will not be as bad

Re: Fires!!!!!!!!!!!! - mrcat60 - 18-08-2008 01:01 PM

(18-08-2008 12:52 PM)tv_freak link Wrote:our sims can have insurences for the house (like with alarms you can take a chance and not have it)
that way if the house burned down your sim would get insurence money to re-build the house
and if a house is burned down then the sims would have a bad moodlet but if they have insurence the moodlet will not be as bad
BRAIN STORM!!!! sims could insurance their homes and then itll be fixed! and every sim month they would get a bill (not the cost of all items tho) with like 2% intrenst! i love it when i get brain storms! Big Grin