www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Play Disc - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Legacy (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Sims 2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Play Disc (/showthread.php?tid=3787)

Pages: 1 2

Play Disc - *JET* - 19-11-2008 07:18 AM

So I can't find my apartment life discs anywhere! so I don't know what to do since I can't wait for another ep to come to install but I know the the new stuff back just came out so if I buy that and install it can I play the game using the disk?
I'm assuming I can but I don't want to waste my money if I can't
can someone help?

Re: Play Disc - The Adam Diamond - 19-11-2008 09:40 AM

No, i'm afraid you can't run your game with stuff pack discs if you have an EP newer than pets installed.... You could try and find your disc, or you could contact EA and ask for a replacement disc for $10 (apparently, I've never done that, since I don't live in america)

Re: Play Disc - Bat - 20-11-2008 04:08 AM

Like the above person said, you cannot play off of a Stuff-Pack disc.

But maybe try uninstalling a previous expansion and reinstalling and see if you can use that disc? Not sure if that works or not. I forgot, lol.

Bat

Re: Play Disc - *JET* - 20-11-2008 06:56 AM

oh shoot that sucks well thxs for saving me $20 Big Grin

Re: Play Disc - The Adam Diamond - 20-11-2008 09:47 AM

Hmmm, no problem, just keep trying to find your disc! Maybe you left it in another case or something?

Re: Play Disc - Chanel - 22-11-2008 10:45 PM

You need to use an EP to play, sadly. Sad Do you just have AL, or do you have other EPs? If so, you can uninstall AL...

Re: Play Disc - The Adam Diamond - 23-11-2008 12:50 AM

Actually, I've just read on the BBS that the game treats M&G stuff like an Ep, and people have to us ethe M&G disc to load it now!

So yes, go and buy it! There's new animations, interactions, a category in build mode, and tons more!

Re: Play Disc - Majick - 23-11-2008 12:55 AM

I have all games up to Free Time, and I just installed Mansion and Garden stuff, and it makes me use the M&G disk to play now.

So if you get Mansion and Garden stuff, you should be okay.

Re: Play Disc - *JET* - 23-11-2008 02:29 AM

omg really?! thank you so much guys! Big Grin

I'm way happier now Big Grin

Re: Play Disc - Majick - 23-11-2008 03:23 AM

Glad we could help Smile