www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
The BBS - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Legacy (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Sims 2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: The BBS (/showthread.php?tid=3892)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Re: The BBS - Munsta - 09-12-2008 10:08 PM

That would be an awesome job. I wanted to go into Web Design and stuff like that, or be a teacher, or work in travel.

Haha we could both work for EA, I'll be on the Web Team and you can be designing the game. LOL!

We will code our own forums that are better than the TS2 ones...and we will employ our own Moderators and we shall rule. HAH!

Lol, I'll keep dreaming ;]

I agree though, even if they made it slidy, like you press the [ + ] to extend the forums and it just slides out, rather than reload the whole page. That would be a lot better.

Re: The BBS - yummybunny - 09-12-2008 10:14 PM

I am learning xhtml, so I may build my own webby soon...I am gonna study it over Christmas break.  My semester is ending in an exact week!!!

I've been thinking of a Sims 3 site in the future...idk.

I would LOVE working for EA on The Sims team.  I wish I was on this game. 

And that's good that you have the patience to be a teacher...I cannot do it.  I have taught classes in the past for summer jobs and sometimes for a week...and although I never talk to the kids...they love me.  But I am really nice and...idk...they love me so much that they hug me when they see me and sit by me all the time.

Re: The BBS - Munsta - 09-12-2008 10:19 PM

LOL! I went on work experience to a school...I found it quite fun!

I am going to my old primary school on Thursday to talk to the depute headteacher about teaching. She was like my favourite teacher when I was there.

Re: The BBS - yummybunny - 09-12-2008 10:26 PM

Are those the days?  Preschool to elementary school?

All of my elementary teachers watched me grow up.  My aunt is the secretary, and she has four kids. 

She invited all them and the principal to her kid's weddings, baby showers, everything.

I am still surprised they still work there.  One was very old when I was there...goodness!

I love teaching kids though.  I am just not in for the constant watching.  I am not very interactive.  But I am zero tolerance against bullying...I was, and I won't stand for a kid to be.

My mom's librarian from when she was in high school was still there when I was in HS.  When my mom found out, she said:

"Dang!  She is still there?  She gotta old!  She was old and grouchy when I was there, fussing all the time.  Her family don't like her, that's why she's there!"

(Harsh, mom!)

Then I grew up knowing all my teacher's business, because all my aunts, about 8 aunts are all employed by the school district, and all they do is tell everyone's business.  I had serious dirt, you wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Re: The BBS - Munsta - 09-12-2008 10:30 PM

LOL @ Your Mum! Haha!

Um, Primary School is age 5-11/12
High School is age - 11/12 - 16/17/18 [Depends on when you leave]

Smile

Re: The BBS - yummybunny - 09-12-2008 10:36 PM

Here, it is so different.

3-4  preschool
5  kindergarten
6-10  elementary school
11-13  middle school
14-17/18  high school

Where you live, it is so much more simplified, but I can't imagine being in the same school as kids much younger than me.

But school is so jacked up where I live...teachers are crazy...our education system...everything.

You never had a teacher that tells the class to shut the F up.  We were scared.  It was when I was in the 8th grade. 

Re: The BBS - Munsta - 09-12-2008 10:37 PM

Oh I have. My old P/E teacher used to do that...aswell as a lot of other swearing words...XD

Re: The BBS - yummybunny - 09-12-2008 10:44 PM

I have a lot of teacher stories...

1.  The gym teacher.  He had gotten two students pregnant in the past.  One of the girl's fathers bought a gun to the school and threatened to kill him, and everybody told me...both other teachers and old students.  Then I found out about the other girl from these security officers at this baseball park I worked at.  Then he is gonna try to get all over me at prom and kiss him, and my daddy was standing outside.

2.  The science teacher was a cross dresser and he'd be talking about him and his wife, and their relationship and everything.

3.  My 8th grade science teacher was eventually fired for cussing out the principal, because she flunked these boys, but she flunks everyone.  She works as my brother's scholarship coach now. 

4.  And yeah, teachers do cuss at you.  They don't care.

5.  And somehow when it's graduation day, the teachers, single and married, would try to get with students.  And there is more.

(Told you you won't believe me)

How is school like where you live?

Re: The BBS - Majick - 10-12-2008 12:46 AM

I had a PE teacher pull me up in front of the class and make fun of me for being fat, very loudly.

Re: The BBS - yummybunny - 10-12-2008 12:55 AM

You should had sued.  You would had been very happy for that.  But school districts are so horrible...they'd protect their teachers with their lives.

I had the same thing happen to me and I am not even fat, just have a small gut...then at prom, he was all over me.

I said, "I thought that I was fat."

Then what really pissed me off was this:

I was in gym class with another teacher, and I overheard him.  First these two girls were talking...skinny girls. They were talking weight.

Girl 1:  I weigh 125 pounds.
Girl 2:  I weigh 116. 

Then he is gonna come from no where...I guess he was listening and says, "My wife weighs 95 pounds."

The girls were like so what?  His wife is a anorexic stick, and I heard this from everyone that knew his wife.  What gets me is why did he say that to some students?  He abused me so much.