www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
you have to have the disk to play the game? - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Legacy (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Sims 2 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Technical Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Thread: you have to have the disk to play the game? (/showthread.php?tid=4224)

you have to have the disk to play the game? - woahkatie - 04-01-2009 04:48 AM

i asked my friend, "do you have to have the disk to play the sims 2 game?" and she said "no" and i'm like "are you sure?" and she said "i'm positive"
my brother told me that he tried to play it earlier today without the disk but it said to enter the disk to play. so who is right, my friend or my brother? do you have to have the disk to play the game or no? thanks =)

Re: you have to have the disk to play the game? - phoebe91 - 04-01-2009 04:56 AM

You do. Unless if you get a CD crack or whatever, which is illegal. So to be legal, you must have the CD.

Re: you have to have the disk to play the game? - woahkatie - 04-01-2009 05:04 AM

dang it!!!!!! thanks for setting this straight for me

Re: you have to have the disk to play the game? - phoebe91 - 04-01-2009 05:12 AM

Yep ^_^ Its a pain, but playing it legally is better.

Re: you have to have the disk to play the game? - Majick - 04-01-2009 05:17 AM

If you buy an Expansion Pack, you can use that disk to play if you've lost the original disk, as well.

But you do need a disk Smile

Re: you have to have the disk to play the game? - Deb_1978 - 09-01-2009 08:23 PM

Just added mansions in and I find I have to play from that disk not the main one or the last EP installed.

Re: you have to have the disk to play the game? - Majick - 20-01-2009 02:42 PM

yeah I installed AL and its still making me play from the Mansion SP disk too.

It's weird, but whatever floats the games boat, lol.

Re: you have to have the disk to play the game? - phoebe91 - 21-01-2009 01:57 AM

^ Yeah, I've noticed that lol. I think it might be because its considered as the last EP/SP thing.