www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Requirement to start a topic. - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website Feedback & Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Requirement to start a topic. (/showthread.php?tid=6765)

Requirement to start a topic. - sim323 - 19-08-2009 08:07 PM

Ok, So there was a stupid spammer last night and I think there should be a requirement to post topics. Like at least be registered for 25 minutes and 10-20 posts. I don't know if anything like this Is already implemented but there are spammers who start topics and users who post 2-3 times and are all 3 topics under technical help that the user never relies back to. Just a thought anyways

Re: Requirement to start a topic. - Majick - 19-08-2009 11:12 PM

I agree.  This would also help keep Bots out too.  pawn, Spam, etc.

Maybe make it so that they have to be a member for 15 minutes before they can post?  Anyone who is a true fan won't mind waiting that extra 15 minutes before they post, and it will discourage most spammers from coming back to spam us after signing up.

Re: Requirement to start a topic. - yoshman9000 - 19-08-2009 11:18 PM

This is a good idea. And I also think that you should have to start a topic in the introduction part of the forum before you start doing any other posting. I hate it when newbie's with one post randomly post in topics before introducing themselves. And I agree with you about how they ask questions in the technical help and never post again. You should at least thank the person that helped you. >_>

Re: Requirement to start a topic. - Majick - 19-08-2009 11:19 PM

I think a lot of people who sign up sing up JUST because we have a technical help section, and knowing they can get help.  Then once they get help ... we never see them again.

Re: Requirement to start a topic. - sim323 - 20-08-2009 04:37 AM

Yea they should at least say thanks XD what did their mother/father/grandma/pa/ teach them! lol

Re: Requirement to start a topic. - Majick - 20-08-2009 05:34 AM

That 2+2=22!

Re: Requirement to start a topic. - sim323 - 20-08-2009 06:11 AM

I thought it was 11?  {wacko}

Re: Requirement to start a topic. - Majick - 20-08-2009 06:27 AM

{blink} Maybe it is.  Math never was my best subject {blush}

Re: Requirement to start a topic. - sim323 - 20-08-2009 06:34 AM

XD I hated it until algebra I love algebra it's such an easy A+

anyways back on topic: I think you should to have at least been registered for 15 minutes and have at least 10 posts before you start a topic. I remember I signed up somewhere and it was like that