www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Please help! Problems with Riverview neighbourhood - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims 3 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Sims 3 Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Technical Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: Please help! Problems with Riverview neighbourhood (/showthread.php?tid=7119)

Pages: 1 2

Please help! Problems with Riverview neighbourhood - cerealkiller410 - 24-10-2009 05:29 PM

Hello

I have 3 neighbourhoods on my Sims 3 game. Sunset Valley, Riverview and Four Corners (a neighbourhood I named myself). Everything has been working fine until about half an hour ago when I loaded the game planning to play Riverview, my most played neighbourhood with my most important stories in it. It loads to the Main Menu and I choose Riverview. The game then changes to the loading screen and the bar hardly fills with any amount of green before staying at that position for about a minute. The game then shuts off and takes me back to my desktop. Both other neighbourhoods are working but Riverview won't. The last time I've tried it doesn't even wait for the usual time of about a minute but the bar instead fills to the same point before shutting off immediately. Please, please help - I really want onto this neighbourhood as it has most of my family legacies on it.

Thank you.

Re: Please help! Problems with Riverview neighbourhood - sim323 - 24-10-2009 06:07 PM

-Have you updated your drivers?

-What core mods do you have?

-What patch are you on?

-Driver Info?

Re: Please help! Problems with Riverview neighbourhood - cerealkiller410 - 25-10-2009 11:55 AM

(24-10-2009 06:07 PM)Yo! who ate my cheese!@ link Wrote:-Have you updated your drivers?

-What core mods do you have?

-What patch are you on?

-Driver Info?

Sorry, I'm not that technical with things like that so I have no idea what any of those things are? The game has been working fine and now it isn't. The only thing out of the ordinary that I can think of is that in My Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 3 there are these files that have appeared that were configured around the time I tried to load Riverview. These are;

xcpt ANDREW-PC 09-10-24 16.58.37.mdmp
xcpt ANDREW-PC 09-10-24 16.58.37
xcpt ANDREW-PC 09-10-24 17.05.29.mdmp
xcpt ANDREW-PC 09-10-24 17.05.29
xcpt ANDREW-PC 09-10-24 17.11.25.mdmp
xcpt ANDREW-PC 09-10-24 17.11.25

The mdmp ones are MDMP Files and the ones without mdmp are Text Documents. Inside the Text Documents there is a mass of random things that make no sense to me.  Sad

Re: Please help! Problems with Riverview neighbourhood - Cassie - 25-10-2009 12:16 PM

That happened to me and I'm not technical at all so I did the retarded thing.
I took out my Downloads folder and my Mods>Packages folder and loaded the game. For some reason it worked. I played my family for a while and moved the game along. Then saved and quit. Put the Downloads and Mods back in. Loaded and it still worked.

I don't really see how that would help because I think my computer is just really retarded but they you go. O.o

Do you know how to delete your saves? You might want to go back a save incase you had an unknowingly corrupt save the last time.
Or you can try updating your driver, that works with me. What graphics driver do you use?

Re: Please help! Problems with Riverview neighbourhood - cerealkiller410 - 25-10-2009 12:30 PM

(25-10-2009 12:16 PM)Sie link Wrote:Do you know how to delete your saves? You might want to go back a save incase you had an unknowingly corrupt save the last time.
Or you can try updating your driver, that works with me. What graphics driver do you use?

No I don't know how to delete saves. In My Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 3 there is a folder called Saves but it only has a SIMS3 File and a BACKUP File for each of my neighbourhoods. If I delete them then I delete the whole neighbourhood. As for updating drivers and what graphic driver I use.. I have no idea? What is a graphic driver?

Don't know if it's worth saying that I tried taking out those random files I spoke about and it hasn't worked. There are just new ones appearing anytime I'm trying to load.

Re: Please help! Problems with Riverview neighbourhood - Cassie - 25-10-2009 12:45 PM

Okay. Smile

Deleting your saves is actually really simple [might just sound complicated but when you know how to do it, it's really handy when you have corrupt saves].

Go to your Saves folder that you mentioned.

Delete the SIMS3 file of your Riverview neighbourhood. Don't worry it won't mess your game up, but if you want it back later if this doesn't work, it'll be in your recycle bin anyway, so you can easily restore it.

Now, on the BACKUP file of your Riverview neighbourhood, erase the '.BACKUP' from the name, so it now ends in '.SIMS3'

Load your game and see if it works. If it does work, this will have taken your game back a save, but at least it'll be working. Smile

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll explain about graphics drivers, because that'll most likely be the problem if the above fails to work.

Re: Please help! Problems with Riverview neighbourhood - cerealkiller410 - 25-10-2009 01:01 PM

(25-10-2009 12:45 PM)Sie link Wrote:Okay. Smile

Deleting your saves is actually really simple [might just sound complicated but when you know how to do it, it's really handy when you have corrupt saves].

Go to your Saves folder that you mentioned.

Delete the SIMS3 file of your Riverview neighbourhood. Don't worry it won't mess your game up, but if you want it back later if this doesn't work, it'll be in your recycle bin anyway, so you can easily restore it.

Now, on the BACKUP file of your Riverview neighbourhood, erase the '.BACKUP' from the name, so it now ends in '.SIMS3'

Load your game and see if it works. If it does work, this will have taken your game back a save, but at least it'll be working. Smile

There is maybe a little problem with the names of files though. I copied the Riverview file while trying to get it to work and delteted the original Riverview file thinking that their could have been a problem with the file. The SIMS3 File is now called Riverview2 but the BACKUP File is called Riverview.sims3.backup. Will that matter?

Re: Please help! Problems with Riverview neighbourhood - Cassie - 25-10-2009 01:05 PM

Hmm. It's too early for me to understand that completely to be honest but I don't think it would.
Perhaps you should delete the Riverview2 file and go to your recycle bin and restore the original Riverview file you deleted first? Just to be safe, because I'm not entirely sure if what you've done what affect it or not.

Re: Please help! Problems with Riverview neighbourhood - cerealkiller410 - 25-10-2009 01:10 PM

(25-10-2009 01:05 PM)Sie link Wrote:Perhaps you should delete the Riverview2 file and go to your recycle bin and restore the original Riverview file you deleted first? Just to be safe, because I'm not entirely sure if what you've done what affect it or not.

The original Riverview file isn't in the Recycle Bin. I deleted it from the main menu of the game so I don't know where it's gone.

Re: Please help! Problems with Riverview neighbourhood - Cassie - 25-10-2009 01:18 PM

{wacko}

If you deleted your Riverview then what is Riverview2? A new Riverview you made in the Main menu?
LOL Oh dear. I'm lost now. Tongue

Well, you can try what I suggested anyway with the Riverview 2 file. See how that goes. If it doesn't work restore the deleted riverview2.sims3 file from the recycle bin and wait for some help from someone else, I suppose. Unless you want help concerning graphics drivers Smile

Good luck!