www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
TS3 - No 'propose going steady' Option - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims 3 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Sims 3 Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Technical Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Thread: TS3 - No 'propose going steady' Option (/showthread.php?tid=7312)

Pages: 1 2

TS3 - No 'propose going steady' Option - dollifer - 05-12-2009 04:11 PM

I have deleted a sim that my sim was 'going steady' with and now the 'propose going steady' option isn't listed.
Since I downloaded her my game was slow and just not like it was before I got her, so I removed her before thinking I should probably have broken up with her first. Anyway, since she's gone the game is running smoothly again apart from the fact I cant get the 'propose going steady' interaction. I have swapped sims to try and get the 'ask to break up with...' interaction but it say's that my sim is actually single so I don't really know why I can't get the interaction. I've cleared the cache files and removed custom content and tried again but to no avail Confused
I have also tried all the Romance interactions that I can and still no going steady. Relationship bar is full so that's not the problem. Help please! {huh}

Re: TS3 - No 'propose going steady' Option - phoebe91 - 05-12-2009 07:44 PM

What does it say after you interact with him/her? Under the relationship bar, it always says "*Name* thinks that *Other Person Name* is being ..."

If it says flirty, I don't think you'll get the option, but you need "alluring" or something higher (I think xD)

And have you patched the game?

Re: TS3 - No 'propose going steady' Option - Ollie - 12-12-2009 11:42 AM

yeah if the bar says extremly irrisitable then you should have it if not i suggest looking around the sims 3.com

Re: TS3 - No 'propose going steady' Option - trinityseven - 29-12-2009 05:59 AM

I think there is a problem with this since patch - I've had many sims not able to marry/go steady. I can't complete the heartbreaker life goal as my sim can only get one girlfriend - the going steady option just isn't working.

Re: TS3 - No 'propose going steady' Option - phoebe91 - 31-12-2009 06:38 AM

That's because they can only have 1 girlfriend at a time. You have to break up with the first one.

Re: TS3 - No 'propose going steady' Option - trinityseven - 31-12-2009 07:04 AM

Still not working- even after the breakup.

Re: TS3 - No 'propose going steady' Option - phoebe91 - 31-12-2009 07:08 AM

What does it say under "*soandso* thinks that *otherperson* is..."?

Re: TS3 - No 'propose going steady' Option - trinityseven - 31-12-2009 07:25 AM

Hi, even with the extremely irresistable option it won't appear after the sim has had a girlfriend/boyfriend and split up from them. I don't have any mods installed so I'm not sure whats going on really! It *used* to work pre WA and patching.

Re: TS3 - No 'propose going steady' Option - phoebe91 - 31-12-2009 07:34 AM

Have you tried moving lots?

Re: TS3 - No 'propose going steady' Option - trinityseven - 31-12-2009 08:39 AM

Hi, no I haven't tried that - I'll give it a shot Smile
thanks