www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008.
Introducing the new Sims Forums Portal! - Printable Version

+- www.simsforums.com - the Sims series, computer games & other nonsense since March 2008. (https://www.simsforums.com)
+-- Forum: The Sims Forums Community (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Website Feedback & Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Forum: Site News & Info (/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+---- Thread: Introducing the new Sims Forums Portal! (/showthread.php?tid=7624)

Pages: 1 2

Introducing the new Sims Forums Portal! - matt - 19-02-2010 10:25 AM

As you should have noticed by now, we've added a new feature, and it's pretty big!

The new Sims Forum Portal is a front page to the forums which allows us to have more of a website feel, which is totally integrated into the forums. It allows us to add pages with new content, better navigation and other goodies that you'll see over time.

Right now it's pretty bare but we'll be adding new content to the site soon. We're after some ideas of what new content you want, so if you've any ideas please let us know!

If you don't like the navigation on the forums, you can hide it by clicking the little '-' icon in the top right. It should remember your choice so you don't need to do it every time!

Please let us know what you think! {yes}

Re: Introducing the new Sims Forums Portal! - 2qewl4u - 19-02-2010 12:32 PM

Looks awesome! That's a huge step for the forums {yes}
Although, like Niall said, we still need to get used to it

Re: Introducing the new Sims Forums Portal! - serp3821 - 19-02-2010 03:30 PM

I still miss the old one. I'm lost here. Is there an option to go back to the old one?

Re: Introducing the new Sims Forums Portal! - matt - 19-02-2010 03:43 PM

(19-02-2010 03:30 PM)@Steven! link Wrote:I still miss the old one. I'm lost here. Is there an option to go back to the old one?
There is a 'forum' link in the top navigation that will take you back to the main forums page.

Re: Introducing the new Sims Forums Portal! - serp3821 - 19-02-2010 05:23 PM

Oh okay thanks
what about going back to the old version? Like the one we had before?

Re: Introducing the new Sims Forums Portal! - matt - 19-02-2010 05:30 PM

If nobody likes this new portal, then I'll revert back to the old style of just forums.

I'll give it a few weeks though to gauge opinions.

Re: Introducing the new Sims Forums Portal! - Munsta - 19-02-2010 05:52 PM

>_>

Re: Introducing the new Sims Forums Portal! - Cassie - 19-02-2010 11:37 PM

I like it. Thanks Matt. Smile
Only thing I don't know if I like is how the actual forum is shoved to the side a bit. Though it's probably purely because I'm not used to it yeah, give it time and I'll be over it. =]

Re: Introducing the new Sims Forums Portal! - 2qewl4u - 20-02-2010 12:12 AM

(19-02-2010 11:37 PM)CassieeBethh link Wrote:I like it. Thanks Matt. Smile
Only thing I don't know if I like is how the actual forum is shoved to the side a bit. Though it's probably purely because I'm not used to it yeah, give it time and I'll be over it. =]
This.

Re: Introducing the new Sims Forums Portal! - Majick - 20-02-2010 12:16 AM

This is going to take some getting used to, but I think I actually like this new look and feel!