Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30,493 No Posts accounts have been erased
23-03-2012, 11:42 PM
30,493 No Posts accounts have been erased
Apologies to anyone using this forum just to PM other Simmers (esp. the official forum people) that might have been accidentally scrubbed during this process that has been using Sims Forums (I hate the admin controls here - they must have been coded by EA!) BangHead

But with 30,493 spambot accounts lying around, enough was enough. I promised to blitz them right out, and that's exactly what I've now done.

Unfortunatately the filter settings I put in didn't work as well as I'd intended and it didn't leave alone all those no post accounts that have not been accessed at all this

Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

Please feel free to rejoin and use as before, as all that was done was the accounts were deleted (no IP bans or whatnot). You can use the same usernames, e-mail addresses or whatever as before.

Now for the good news - it appears that the change of questions has finally put a stop to the spambots for good, and it is only real users that are getting through to register.

Oh well, you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs, and since Cassie says omelettes are nice, what I did was nice when you think about it. Sort of.

***Runs to hide behind the sofa at the volley of abuse heading his way from hundreds of enraged Sims fans***

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2012, 12:40 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2012 12:40 AM by Ollie.)
RE: 30,493 No Posts accounts have been erased
Woohoo!

DIE SPAMBOTS, DIE!

PS I don't like omelettes. Nah

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply