Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Trusting Desire - An American Historical Romance!
09-06-2014, 09:57 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2014 10:21 AM by Minty.)
RE: Trusting Desire - An American Historical Romance!
[By way of explanation, I am about to merge Noonibean's new post on the next chapter into here, which she'd posted as a separate thread.

As Sooty would say, "Izzy wizzy let's get busy!" tap-taptap-tap-tap, tap-tap.]

Brilliant second parter. I've always preferred spaghetti westerns to the John Wayne mythos where the West was full of knight errant figures rather than cut-throats & broken people, & it's already looking like a tight plot where the character development is going to flow naturally from chapter to chapter.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2014, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2014 06:26 PM by noonibean.)
Thanks so much, Minty! Sorry about the separate post; I wasn't quite sure how to go about posting new chapters, but now I know! So glad you're enjoying it. I absolutely love flawed characters too, because it gives them so much room to grow into the heroes and heroines that they truly are.

Spoiler alert: Only the first three chapters take place in the West. But that's all I'll say about that!
10-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Oh I so wanted to read this, but I was too busy yesterday. I will look forward to checking it out when I get home tonight. Smile
10-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Thanks, Caspin! Let me know what you think!
11-06-2014, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2014 09:16 AM by Caspin.)
Creepy Jasper calling Ellie "Dove" makes me think of Cersei Lannister and her "little dove" comments to Sansa Start in GoT. What a total bar steward. I hope he's got some trouble coming to him, Alice!

Looking forward to hearing more about the town drunk. I liked his line about not starting fights but always finishing them. He is my new favourite character.

Sohappy
11-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Ha! That's so funny that you made that connection with GoT. I honestly
only watch that show here and there, but I totally know what you're
talking about. And yes, like all great villains, Jasper will certainly get what's coming to him.

Glad you like Gabriel! He's actually my hero and goes through an IMMENSE change as the story progresses. He's my favorite too. Smile Man, it's so tricky telling this story visually and without all the internals and narrative. Hope it's making sense so far!
14-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Chapter 2.2 is up! Let me know what you think!

http://trustingdesire.wordpress.com/chapter-2-2-5/

Yahoo
15-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Loved the "CHOMP!" right after Jasper was being a git again, like she was imagining biting his head off (or something else!) Biggrin

I don't think Ellie's troubles are over that easy, not with that sleezeball Jasper. Bit surprised the way Gabriel turned out, but suppose there's more there to come, if she can get him out of a whisky bottle long enough!

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
15-06-2014, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2014 09:18 AM by Caspin.)
No doubt I am reading too much into it, but that blonde chick, Becky, seems suspiciously friendly and kind. I'd guess that she's Jasper's little spy among the girls. And that jealous red lady's going to cause trouble.

That letter seems like a chance of escape but it won't be easy for her to get out of Jasper's clutches. She may need to toughen up and fight her way out. Plenty of broken bottles in a bar - stick one in Jasper's face!

I think it would be great fun to win Gabriel round, with his dreamy eyes and his whisky supplies Tongue
16-06-2014, 03:26 AM
Wow this is really good! I see what the others mean about the style. That's a pretty unique way of doing a Sims story. I hope to see more updates Big Grin