Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
14-08-2012, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2012 03:00 PM by Minty.)
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Another of life's little mysteries solved. Why is it a large bucket of water filled to the near brim the previous evening is regularly a third empty when you go out to use it the next morning? Answer - when the local cat and fox population think it has been put there to water them rather than the plants (drinking from it).

A young fox was at the bucket first thing morning when I opened the blinds, & he must have been lapping away for a good five minutes before he was finished. Shortly afterwards, the big tom from up the road was helping himself. I suppose if you're wandering around all day in a big heavy fur coat, you'll be wanting to get in some liquid before it gets too hot to move.

Today's great fashion tip. It seems a suit of armour is the in trend amongst all today's hipsters.
[Image: 136649.jpg]

Bet Gok Wan's feeling pretty stupid right now for not seeing this trend hitting the streets.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Hmm, armour, you say. You know, in the '90s, or was it maybe the 80's, can't remember, one of the big designer brands produced a chain mail kit. It was a big box of little metal links and a set of patterns and you had to make your own dress by following the instructions. So maybe this trend is coming back. Not necessarily a good thing, chain mail dresses are very cold and, well, heavy!
19-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Thank you Yahoo for alerting me to this BRILLIANT meltdown!

Yahoo Clapping Yahoo

29-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Arrrrgh! Get home from work to be told that a water pipe had been leaking in my kitchen. So lots of nice damp wall and floor to deal with, as well as the stupid pipe.

:nonono: Naughty plumbing. No more leaking!
30-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Pipe is fixed. Hoorah! Now just have to wait for the floor and the wall to dry out so I can re-paint. How lovely. Nah

Oh well, the weekend is near. It will be part Sims, part Skyrim and part chicken curry. Lovely Smile
30-08-2012, 10:29 PM
(30-08-2012 09:51 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Pipe is fixed. Hoorah! Now just have to wait for the floor and the wall to dry out so I can re-paint. How lovely. Nah

Oh well, the weekend is near. It will be part Sims, part Skyrim and part chicken curry. Lovely Smile
Chicken curry, yum! What sort? May go for a CTM this weekend mesel. That's a swine about the leak. Usually with us it's caused by the washing machine's door falling off during a cycle (that cuts the machine out, but still manages to make a mess!) BangHead

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

31-08-2012, 09:22 AM
If the washing machine door fell off I would be absolutely beside myself with woe. I love my washing machine! No, it was just a problem with limescale destroying some fittings on the pipes at the back of the sink etc. Hard water is a real pain sometimes.

Chicken curry will be homemade by my housecarl! I think it will be Kashmiri-style, with lots of onions and yogurt. I am looking forward to it, I must say.
05-09-2012, 09:49 AM
I couldn't help but notice TMN put a picture of a Pug in one of their posts, I love Pugs. Big Grin Confused What is wrong with me? Nothing.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

05-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Pugs are quite nice. I haven't looked at TMN in ages.

I have Mmbop stuck in my head.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
06-09-2012, 10:13 PM
(05-09-2012 11:23 AM)bobert26 Wrote:  I have Mmbop stuck in my head.
Give head a good shake, maybe mmbop will drop out!

Fryingpan