Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
31-01-2013, 12:28 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Lol I love some of the anwsers. "Fifty shades of gray" "hp and the philosphers stone" just to name a few.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 08:04 PM
I liked Q2! The book that they sell for people to prepare for that test is crazy. It has a huge amount of information about courts of law and things that most British people would probably not really know about in any detail (unless you have a tendency to sue people or to be sued). Then occasionally they throw in weird 'cultural' questions, like asking about Father Christmas for example. It's a weird test.

My chives plant has grown enormous in the last week. I do not know why. It has all flopped over so I have just tried to stand up the chives again in the pot. It closely resembles Sideshow Bob's hair (but green of course).
06-02-2013, 06:03 AM
We're on tsunami alert. Smile

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
06-02-2013, 06:50 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 07:01 AM by Ollie.)
Seriously? :O

Edit: We were too, or at least the north of Australia was, so It's all good down south.

06-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Yeah, we'll just get some weird tides and a few surges probably, if anything.

[center]
06-02-2013, 07:48 AM
It says here that there has been a quake in the Solomon Islands - is that what is causing it? Those islands looks so spindly and fragile on a map. Hope you guys don't have too many problems.
06-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Yeah, that's the one. I think there were 6 people killed in the Solomon Islands and some damage to a few villages, nothing catastrophic. NZ couldn't have gotten a tsunami warning on a worse day though, it's our national holiday so everyone was at the beach (not me, I was working)!

Speaking of Waitangi Day, I don't know why we celebrate it as our national day; everyone just gets pissy about Maori issues and it just takes away from the whole point of having a national holiday. Not saying Waitangi isn't important, I just don't think it's a day for celebration. Anyway, probably not really relevant to anybody else one here so I'll leave it at that before I start moaning about what an embarrassment John Key is.

[center]
06-02-2013, 08:33 PM
You seem to work a lot of hours Bobert. I guess your teachers must need a lot of lingerie!
06-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Bahaha!

07-02-2013, 12:02 PM
I have been injured by Facebook. Dizzy-1

Some girl on the bus last night was busy checking Facebook on her phone, tripped and came sliding down the stairs from the upper deck, kicking me as she landed. Today I have what feels like a twisted ankle but higher up around the calf.

(The Twisted Calf - sounds like a great name for a Sims band!)

Anyway, I was very unimpressed and told her so. This was met by bewilderment on her part. I guess when I'm angry I must start sounding very northern and using a lot of slang or something because we appeared to hit a language barrier. However context is everything and I'm sure it couldn't have been clearer that I was indicating that she was a careless young woman who was about to have her phone lodged somewhere other than her hand.