• 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
13-03-2013, 10:05 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Lol!
Quote this message in a reply
13-03-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't think I've ever been to theatre musical thingy before, but I do remember something about Cats, but that was only something.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

13-03-2013, 04:08 PM
I've always loved going to the theatre, although it's become less fun in recent years because people don't know how to behave and are always annoying me by checking Facebook on really bright phone screens during the performance. Or eating crisps or other loud food.

I wonder if Bobert enjoyed the play.
14-03-2013, 10:06 AM
I did! It was outside so that was lovely. I have a cold though so I had to cough a lot, haha. Had a great day though!

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
14-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Great - sounds lovely! Hope you get over your cold soon. Always nice to see a play outdoors.

Best place to do this in UK (in my opinion): Minack Theatre in Cornwall. Can't beat the sea view... Need cushions to sit on though, otherwise the stone seats would get very cold and uncomfortable!

[Image: Minack.jpg]
15-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Never knew that plays could be held outdoors. And my oh my, that is a great looking outdoor theatre Caspin.

15-03-2013, 11:31 AM
That would be very cool! I'd kind of like to see an Opera.

[center][Image: jZwBSkZFApwr9ym65iLlFoaGo1_500.jpg]
[center]
15-03-2013, 01:54 PM
(15-03-2013 10:05 AM)Ollie Wrote:  Never knew that plays could be held outdoors. And my oh my, that is a great looking outdoor theatre Caspin.
Many plays in the days before theatre would be held in marketplaces or on "the green sward" if out in the countryside (thespians would tour outside of cities during what was termed the Plague season of high summer, as unnecessary public gatherings would be banned in order to reduce the spread of the contagion). In some cases like "A Midsummer Night's Dream" it was to their advantage as most of the scenes are outdoors anyway.

Back in my Uni days I helped with a production of The Medea in the cloisters of the University done by the Classics department (fine example of getting roped in because I knew someone that knew someone that needed a hand!). It worked far better than in the theatre because the stonework produced echoes that made it seem more menacing.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
16-03-2013, 01:01 PM
I visited Cambridge Uni for a work meeting during the summer and saw the students rehearsing for a play out on the lawns of their college. Looked like they were going to have a great time!

Here is something that made me laugh this morning. Biggrin

[Image: PaperRock_IFLS.jpg]
16-03-2013, 01:27 PM
HA!