Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
21-06-2013, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2013 11:18 AM by Ollie.)
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
People take board games seriously? And that poor librarian.
The librarian at my school is kinda odd. She is surrounded by English books all day, yet she can be quite bad with her grammar, spelling, etc. I'm not trying to make fun of her, she's a nice lady, but it just seems quite unfortunate. At my school, we have a thing called compass in which we can see what is happening today (eg; a meeting at lunch for a certain camp and things like that). Anyway the librarian once wrote a note on there for all students about a shoe that was left in the library and this is what she wrote, 'LOST SHOE
Where you in the library at recess or lunchtime yesterday and has lost a black shoe. Never fear it is in the library waiting for you. It can be picked up before school, recess , lunchtime or after school.'
That was quoted directly from that compass thingy.

In other news, today was the worst day to receive a headache, right when I was doing my level 2 first aid assessment. I was literally dying for quite a few hours, in front of these "first aid" people. Thankfully I am all better now.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2013, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2013 04:09 PM by Caspin.)
Wow, Minty's script for Midsommer Midsomer Murders is really taking shape now, with a scrabble champion being impaled on a garden fork. It's going to be a great episode!

Clapping

Sounds as though Ollie's school librarian would benefit from reading some of the books in the library instead of handing them out to others. Anyone can make a mistake, but it's very unfortunate when that mistake is broadcast to the students. I would think that the person who had lost the shoe could be identified quite swiftly from looking around for somebody hopping! I have never lost a shoe in a library. I have encountered plenty of other bizarre obstacles in life but never that particular one. I guess there's still time.

Edit to correct spelling: apparently it's Midsomer not Midsommer. Don't want to commit too many typos or I'll end up like Ollie's librarian!
21-06-2013, 05:54 PM
On the same day a teacher in England gets thrown into jail for 5½ years for screwing one of his pupils & making the worse elopement cunning plan since Romeo & Juliet, in Scotland Eppie Sprung-Dawson is released free despite being found guilty of screwing one of hers - the judge deciding she'd been "punished enough" by destroying her marriage & career Shocked Brings to mind that South Park episode with Ike.

Elsewhere, the Naked Rambler has been sentenced to 11 months in prison for his usual antics - and was told he would be released in August! Omg Why bother saying they're convicting someone for 11 months if they're only going to make them serve two? Who are they trying to fool?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
26-06-2013, 08:58 AM
The Naked Rambler might be behind bars for a while (is he made to wear clothes in prison, I wonder?) but there are some similarly nude walkers still out there. A colleague did a sponsored charity walk this weekend and a naked rambler was spotted following the route. He was by all accounts a very jolly chap. A Scout leader was forewarned of his nakedness so that she could divert her troupe of little scouts to an alternative route, possibly more for his sake than theirs, as kids these days all have iPhones don't they and would probably have videos on YouTube within seconds. It really does make me wonder, though, how these nude walkers cope with the risks of all-over-sunburn/chilly bits/chafing. Gluttons for punishment.

In other news, I went to the National Theatre again last night to see Strange Interlude. It was a very long play (>3 hours), possibly because there was a lot of repetition. I can't really say that I liked it all that much as a play (too much going over the same ground again and again, very predictable and lots of cringe-worthy emoting). There were also some rather dubious American accents. But the staging was great with good use being made of the revolving floor to execute speedy set changes - at one point the whole stage turned into a yacht that came rushing out towards us!

That is all my news.
26-06-2013, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2013 10:23 PM by Minty.)
Is there going to be anyone left uninjured by the end of this year's Wimbledon? Omg

George Osbourne is going to make the unemployed sign on once a week. So why are local departments of employment being told to expect redundancies when they're about to get their work doubled? What are they going to do, make it self-service?

29-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Awwww! So cute! Family of foxes including several little foxes are scampering around at the back of the house. The little ones are running around like crazy - I think they may have scavenged something containing a lot of e-numbers.

Sohappy
29-06-2013, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2013 10:37 PM by Minty.)
Have you ever saw what young foxes will do with one of those trampolines people will leave out in their back gardens?

I wonder sometimes if they are watching people bouncing on it & that's where they get the urge to try it later?

29-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Aw, that fox is having fun, although I'd be more impressed if he had also managed to use the hula hoop!

Biggrin
01-07-2013, 05:03 PM
I have now thrown the same zebra spider out of my window (actually dumped it on the windowsill) outside three times.

Now about to dump it at the bottom of the garden to put a stop to this altogether.

If the bloody bugger wrings my doorbell tonight in revenge, it's getting the slipper!

01-07-2013, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2013 07:46 PM by Caspin.)
[Image: spider1.png]

Credit for picture: hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co.uk

Minty - "rings"! Although I'd be just as keen to see a spider "wringing" a doorbell so if either happens be sure to secure video footage! Tongue