Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
15-10-2013, 10:59 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Fascists? Crumbs!

Fingers crossed for the outcome of the interview. We need a crossed fingers smilie!
Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2013, 05:25 AM
Cheek piercings? What the...?

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

16-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Which cheeks, that is the question. People get all kinds of things pierced. I think we can assume cheeks of the face, or else we'll have to question Minty more closely to see what sort of role he was being interviewed for. Tongue It's very foggy here this morning. Feels like the bus is driving through a cloud.
16-10-2013, 10:43 AM
It was his face cheeks - although he did make a weird clanking when he walked that may not have been loose change in his pocket.

Weather is very grotty up here, dull & overcast (& cold). The weird part is the leaves have stopped falling off the trees (plenty left to go). Maybe the trees have changed their mind or something. Could be worse though - the Japanese are getting hit with a typhoon right now, 17 dead already.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
16-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Typhoons in Japan, cyclones in India. Meanwhile people here were moaning about a bit of rain earlier today (which was visible from their office window before they decided to step out without a jacket or brolly).
16-10-2013, 09:07 PM
The agency that got me that interview were supposed to call me this afternoon to let me know if I was being put through for a second interview on Thursday (tomorrow!). By 3.30 & no response, I decided to call them to find out what was happening.

It turned out the person dealing with it was on holiday that day - the same person that was insistant that I get in touch with her the day after the interview to get her know how it went (I sent her an e-mail last night, also telling her to expect a phonecall from them sometime on Wednesday). The office manager Julie said she'd get it sorted.

Come 5.15, and still no response, I called back since they shut at 5.30, & if I had been selected time was running out to find out. I called her back & it was clear she hadn't bothered to call them, saying she couldn't get a reply from them but I should take it they'd have got in touch with them if they'd wanted me. BangHead

17-10-2013, 09:17 AM
If only I was 18 or older and didn't have exams, then I could go to an Into The Future event on October 21st.

17-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Oh dear, Minty. With recruitment agents like that, who needs enemies? We might assume then that the job was filled internally (as most seem to be these days) and that the company were obliged to hold some kind of interview process to waste your time and that of your cheek-pierced tattooed friends (I have an image of Minty's sim, which may or may not closely resemble his RL self, being interviewed alongside a motley crew of pirates).

Ollie - good luck in your exams!

Last night I went to the local cinema to watch a film "Hannah Arendt", based on a real life German Jewish lady who fled to the USA to escape the Nazis and ended up reporting on the war crime trial of a Nazi. It was quite interesting and nice to see something that makes you think. It was partly in English and partly in German (with subtitles). It would not be a good choice of film, however, for anyone trying to quit smoking, as most of the characters smoked copiously and constantly throughout. There was even a warning about "smoking scenes" at the start of the film on that certificate they put up with the film's rating, which I don't think I have ever seen before!
18-10-2013, 02:32 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2013 02:32 AM by Ollie.)
Ha! I just watched the latest LB and a bloody fire drill alarm goes off. xD

21-10-2013, 09:13 PM
That Ibsen's "Ghosts" you went to see Caspin got a 5 star write up in the Sunday Express I noticed.

Just finished watching the latest Channel 4 "Dispatches" ("The Secret Of Your Pay Packet ") on all the fiddles employers are doing to rip employees out of money when the phone rang & my brother was on outraged asking did I know this kind of crap was going on?

I thought it best for the sake of his blood pressure not to tell him "been there, done it, worn the T-shirt!" - none of it is new. It would have been better had they mentioned the "continuous temporary" contract fiddle (where employers continually sack staff before they hit the 12 week mark making them permanent & re-recruit all over again, meaning no holiday/sick pay, no redundancy pay, zero rights, etc.

Going around the shops after popping in to see one of my agencies today, I was amazed at how everyone appears to be selling the same tat that's been doing the rounds for the past what knows how many years - & they wonder why no one's buying (apart from being skint & dreading the arrival of their next electricity/gas bills!)