Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
26-10-2013, 10:29 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
If it helps - I can confirm that I got the Sims Forums email. It turned up in my inbox this morning (so I guess it takes a long time to send if you dispatched it the night before).

Must must must must must remember to put back the clocks before going to bed. Come on brain, remember something useful for a change!
Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2013, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2013 10:56 PM by Tasia714.)
(25-10-2013 08:54 AM)Caspin Wrote:  Hello Tasia, how's the story-writing coming along?!

I must say if I was in the US I would be pro-obamacare. Having grown up in a country where everyone can access healthcare at any time is a rather wonderful thing and I would support anything that widens access to healthcare. The NHS has many flaws, but as my parents get older and develop various health conditions, I'm grateful that they can access the medication and assistance that they need without worrying about how we would pay for it. It's true what you say about car insurance - you can choose not to drive a car. But that doesn't apply to healthcare in the same way - you can't just choose not to need healthcare. Even if you are fortunate enough to start out with good genes and you try to live a healthy life, you could still be involved in an accident and need help.
Hi Caspin. I have two stories I hope to get posted this weekend. Biggrin One is called "Magic Mutt", the other
"The Ghouls in the Graveyard". They are both spooky and one is based on a true story..smile.. You get to find out which one. muaha haa haa!

I like this off topic discussion section, it is a good idea. I just want anyone to know that reads my comments that I am never angry just expressing my opinion. .... smile... Chatter

I agree with what you say about Health Care and on paper the idea of socialized medicine in the U.S is great, but in reality Obamacare is overflowing with flaws, injustices and way too much red tape. The system to sign up for Obamcare is not even working, yet, we will still face fines if we are not signed up by March 21,2014.
I have been without health insurance most of my life. But always managed to get to the Dr. if needed.. Now my point is this. "Why punish the people for being unable to afford health insurance? Why not go after the greedy out of control pharmaceutical companies and medical suppliers? They are the ones that drive the cost up so unbearably high. I have more than one health professional as family and or friends. They all point the finger in the same direction. In most cases if the individual states would just raise the income level that allows for state medical most of America would be covered by the state they live in. The state systems are in place and work very well. Such an obvious answer that our over-grown government refuses to acknowledge.
But again, I put the blame of sky high health insurance cost on the pharmaceutical companies and medical suppliers. My oldest daughter has to take medication everyday. Once a month we purchase her needed medication and every month the price is always different and always higher. Much higher. One bottle of pills that cost me $35.00 one month cost $230.00 the next month. That is outrageous! Thank God we were able to find another company that produced the equivalent but even so, the price was still $84.00. I had a discount card that saved me $40.00 so I did manage to get the medication for my daughter but what a hassle.
Obamacare does not help us, the cost for my family to be covered under Obama's so called Affordable Health Care would be $490.00 a month. Sick That is not even close to affordable for us. If we could afford that we would already have private coverage. It is cheaper to pay the $1,500.00 fine that will be forced upon us and taken out of our tax returns. If is not paid, then they will throw me and or my husband in jail. Then who will care for my children? There is nothing good about this plan in my opinion. I pray daily for Obamacare to be defunded.
Well, it has been nice talking to you. I like discussing things and I respect other peoples opinions unless they are different than mine.. Tease Just kidding! Have a great day!! Egyptiandance

(26-10-2013 10:29 PM)Caspin Wrote:  If it helps - I can confirm that I got the Sims Forums email. It turned up in my inbox this morning (so I guess it takes a long time to send if you dispatched it the night before).

Must must must must must remember to put back the clocks before going to bed. Come on brain, remember something useful for a change!

I got an email also. Thank You! Gonna go download some freebies now. Yippi!
27-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Oooooooh sounds like we may get a suitably spooky tale for Halloween!

I am always happy to hear other points of view. And I hope you manage to work out the most economical healthcare for your family.
27-10-2013, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2013 12:18 AM by Ollie.)
Well I certainly won't be living in America anytime soon-or go anywhere near it for that matter. On my numeracy exam it asked my to convert a recipe from the imperial system, to the metric system, that was awful, I only got like two of the four answers, one of which probably wasn't even correct.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

27-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Convert a recipe? That's not an exam, that's my real life! I think I must fall into a very awkward age group, trapped between imperial and metric systems. As a scientist, I can visualise small amounts in metric. But if you told me how much you weigh in kg, I'd have to convert it into stones to have any clue. Same with distances, small distances I do in cm, but I have no idea how many kilometres away a place is, bigger distances have to go into miles.

My American colleague and I were trying to swap recipes and got ourselves into a complete muddle because I have some recipes in grams and others in ounces, I'm happy with either because in the end you just set the scales to whichever you're using. But then she announces that she can only measure butter in "sticks" and flour in "cups". We had to get one of these measuring cones with multiple forms of measurements up the sides so that no matter how the recipe is written we can work it out.

[Image: tala-measure.jpg]

I hope your exam turns out OK.
27-10-2013, 08:25 AM
I always wondered what it would be like to be in that age group, well now I know.
Anyway, twitter has gone nuts due to one video that suggested that we are acting like The Sims community is one big popularity contest, particularly since Quxxn passed on.
I agree with some points made, but in all honesty who cares? We're taking this all too seriously, it's just a game, it's just the internet, it's just life in this day in age.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

27-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Yes, now you know, lol!

I was not aware of Quxxn.

People do take trivial things far too seriously. Not many seem to have a proper sense of perspective these days. There do seem to be a lot of people in the simming community who spend an enormous amount of time on self-promotion. I'm not sure what they ultimately get out of it, but it's up to them to decide how to spend their time. But there are a lot of nice people as well who simply have a shared interest and don't make a bigger deal out of it than it deserves.

I am so tired. I wonder whether I should drink some more coffee or perhaps this would be to my detriment. Hmmm.
27-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Agree with you both completely. For too many, the internet serves as a second world where they can big themselves up to be the hot shots in a virtual world they aren't in their real lives & the Sims world is no exception.

But I've encountered some good people, & a handful of delusionals doesn't change that. Saw it all before back in my MOH days, will no doubt see it in the future in other online gaming frats.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
27-10-2013, 03:09 PM
So what you're saying is that for a while you talked to loons and nutters online and despaired for the future of humanity. But then you met me and Ollie and all was well. Tongue

I have a bit of a situation here. I thought I'd better take a break from Sims and do some housework. In the kitchen a bag of rice split and now there are grains of rice EVERYWHERE. I keep finding them all over the place. Even in my sock and a grain fell out of my hair just now. I moved on to laundering some bed linen. Here a pillow split (there is a theme) and now there is a serious feather-storm scenario unfolding. I am scared to reenter the room in case the feather snow triggers a fatal asthmatic attack. I can barely move for rice and feathers. To make matters slightly worse, I took some potted plants into the shower with me because their leaves were looking dusty. Forgetting that they were behind me, I stepped back onto one of them and nearly broke my neck. Also there is a resultant small-scale leaf massacre in the bathtub, but it is nothing compared to the feathers.
This is what happens when I don't get enough sleep. I think I'd better sit very still for a while. Or possibly go and check into a hotel because this place is barely habitable at this moment in time. Omg

I probably should make more coffee, but now I can't reach the kitchen because I'd have to cross the rice.
27-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Sounds like one of those days it was a mistake to get out of bed! For mopping up spilled rice or lentils, I dampen paper towels, laying them out over the spill to pick them all up. It works better than a vacuum cleaner.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]