Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
29-11-2013, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 29-11-2013 11:42 PM by Caspin.)
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
(29-11-2013 09:48 PM)Minty Wrote:  The squirrel died.

Yes I should think it did! I'll look out for footage of the crowd at that match. Has potential to be highly amusing!

This is entertaining.

Those little cricket chaps seem to all be standing around, turning their backs, gliding about as though doing the moonwalk etc. And we think we have problems with sims getting stuck in the occasional wall!

Biggrin
Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2013, 03:30 PM
One of my favourite museums is the V&A. Today they have been digging out Scottish artefacts for St Andrew's Day and putting them on their blog. I so want this chair - or perhaps six of them plus a matching table and an appropriate flat to put it all in.

[Image: mackintosh_chair.jpg]

Reminds me of the chairs in Dragon Valley. They are nice-looking chairs. They will look good in Roaring Heights as well, after a spot of CAS.

Smile
01-12-2013, 04:41 AM
Wait, what the hell?!?!?!?!?!!!! Paul Walker died. Crap! They better not replace him in the Fast and furious movies, if they continue it.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

01-12-2013, 09:22 AM
He was only 40 as well. I was puzzled at first when I read that the car hit a lamppost because in the pictures the car is completely destroyed not just dented or flipped, but then I read that it had caught fire. Deary me. Too many crashes and deaths in the last few days.
01-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Yeah, when my sister first told me, I thought she was joking. There's even a video on FaceBook going around with a witness pulling up before any emergency services got there, with what appears to be an arm hanging out of the side, although with the awful quality you can't really tell.

I really do wonder what they will do with the Fast and Furious Franchise.

This is the first celebrity death which I've really felt saddened by, because he a major role in a series that I grew up with.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

01-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Poor Ollie. I quite like the F&F films as well, or anything with car chases actually. That's probably why I like Bond films too.

I'm off out this afternoon so no Sims for me today. Going to go and watch the RSC's "Richard II" with David Tennant. It's being broadcast in my local cinema.

[Image: 4140095_l.jpg]

Three hours of Shakespeare should surely mean that I have atoned for my watching of "Hunger Games" earlier in the week, so then Minty can't justify calling me a Twilight-reader!

Tongue
02-12-2013, 08:42 PM
I won't mention football at all this week Caspin if you don't! BangHead

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
03-12-2013, 09:58 AM
(02-12-2013 08:42 PM)Minty Wrote:  I won't mention football at all this week Caspin if you don't! BangHead

Deal. Anyway, there are no words!

Very sore today in various areas due to a rather grueling yoga class last night. I am genuinely surprised at how much of a workout you get without really seeming to at the time. Slightly worried, however, that I have to sit down most of the day at work and then for several extra hours at the theatre tonight. I'm not sure I'll be able to walk home!

Going to see "Emil and the Detectives" at the NT. It's geared towards kids, but I reckon I'll like it too. I mean - detectives are involved, so it should be grand.

Yes
03-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Emil and the Detectives is too good to be wasted on kids!

I'm breaking my football embargo as some wonderful news (although not for some) has come out.

[Image: 1852677740.jpg]

Gala Fairydean Rovers' bizarre USSR architect styled stand has been given an A Listing - forbidding the club from ever knocking it down, but meaning they are now entitled to all sorts of preservation grants for it, cutting their maintenance costs a fair bit.

A lot of people hate the stand (it is zero protection against the weather btw!) but I like its unique Late Modern hideousness, especially in an age of identikit Meccano stadia.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
04-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Gala Fairydean Rovers. That's quite a name!

Their stand is really weird looking. It kind of looks like an open jaw that will clamp down and gobble up the people sitting in it. It is a Pacman stand! Good news for the club, though, if it reduces their maintenance costs. If people think it looks ugly they could always plant some trees round the back of it.

I don't think I've ever been to a football match and sat in a stand that didprovide protection from the elements! Maybe the ones at big stadia are better but I've never been to a live footy match of a big team. Our one at home keeps the rain off, if you sit in the back half of the seats, but it's the bitterly cold wind whistling through that chills you to the bone and there's no escape from that. I've been sat there lodged between my brother and my dad, wrapped up like I was going to trek to the Arctic and still been near frozen. But it's all good fun isn't it and then you really appreciate your hot sausage roll all the more. Smile

Emil and the Detectives was really fun. Some bits were a bit scary but all the kids in the audience watched with rapt attention apart from one who hid in her dad's coat. There were a few school groups but they were very well-behaved. Good stuff.

Equally good was Richard II on Sunday. David Tennant was brilliant and very funny, with his long hair and his gold fingernails!