Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
18-12-2013, 12:36 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Good-bye wifi, see you on the 7th of Jan (hopefully earlier).

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Bye Ollie's wifi! Hope they get you connected again as soon as possible. Are you moving house?

Urggh, I have finally come down with the office cold. I suppose it was just my turn. Since everyone else already has it (or has had it recently), no point staying off work, particularly since it's a busy time of year and the pile on my desk in the new year would be enough to finish me off. Oh well, could be worse. I will survive on hot tea and mince pies and try to get to the end of the week and onto the train home for Christmas. I still don't really feel like Christmas is happening but I'm assured that it is.

Fortunately I managed to go to see my final theatre of 2013 on Tuesday before I fell ill. 'The Light Princess' at the NT, which was a musical fairytale on the stage, with songs by Tori Amos. Some people really did not like it (the ladies sitting behind me didn't return after the interval) but I loved it. Anything with puppets is a winner and the lead actress was amazing - singing her heart out while hanging from a wire and spinning round!
21-12-2013, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 12:50 AM by Minty.)
Lucky Caspin you decided to see the Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time earlier in the year, as apparantly the performance last night went a bit flat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25459567

Bloody miracle no one was killed.

I think that's the last we'll here from Ollie this year, so if you're reading this pal, have a good Christmas & see ya next year.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
21-12-2013, 09:39 AM
I know! I guess a lot of the older theatres probably could do with some maintenance but maybe don't have money to do it. Very scary. Maybe I should start wearing a hard hat at all times!

And yes, happy crimbo to Ollie and hope we hear from you soon with good news on the house front (that's HEAR, Minty). Tongue
21-12-2013, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 09:48 AM by Ollie.)
As it turns out... magic!
So what happened was that due to us moving house my mum thought we might have to get a technician in to set up the wifi and the earliest we could get one was on the 7th, so like two days past and only now someone had the genius idea to plug in the modem to see if it works.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

21-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Yay! Welcome back to the internet Ollie. Glad you managed to find a new place too.
21-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Biggrin Merry DERPmas Ollie!

22-12-2013, 11:31 PM
Starting to feel slightly more human and cheerful now. Goodbye cold and thank you for the antibodies - now be gone!

Spent the afternoon working our way through the millions of demos my brother had downloaded on the playstation and never looked at. He had some really weird stuff including a sort of quiz show and something where you had to make dice have a race. Bonkers. I played the Beyond Two Souls demo and was atrocious but was able to blame photophobia for not being able to see what I was doing. Then we played the one of Diablo 3 and I was in fact quite useful as a wizard (so I could just hurl spells from a safe distance). Ah, good times.
23-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Shops up here apparantly chaos - lucky I got all my shopping done ages ago. It has been both freezing & very wet today. They're promising a big storm for tomorrow but I'm not seeing it.

Time to get some Sims 3 in!

23-12-2013, 11:22 PM
Storm seems to be battering Cornwall at the mo. Trains are in chaos as predicted, so I hope they sort all that out before I make my next journey. We certainly had plenty of icy cold rain today.

Today I tried out Civilisation Revolution (or was it Revelation?) and it was rubbish! I used to really like Civilisation back in the day. Another demo to delete. The list is getting a good tidying that's for sure. Also what on earth have they done with Final Fantasy games of late. Urgh. Am I just getting old or did games used to be more fun?