Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
24-12-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
I stopped getting the Civilization games after the fourth or fifth one & went back to the 3rd. They ruined it by adding too much in, & the ability to dump a tiny city slap bang between a load of enemy ones & convert the lot by turning the place into a "culture bomb" was the most infuriating stupid addition since the lawyer unit in Civ2.

Games get to a point where they cannot go any further with them without spoiling it or losing the place. Sadly, with follow ups being seen more as cash-cows than improvements, it's only going to get worse down the years, so no surprise FF a good example of ruining what once was good.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2013, 11:32 PM
Slight improvement to my gaming experience today as I played Lemmings! Big Grin

Well I've set out the mince pies for Santa but I'm afraid the whisky's now in me. Sorry Santa, but my need was greater after somehow developing sofa-based inertia that meant I was trapped watching JarJar Binks this afternoon.

Happy Christmas everyone! I hope you have a great day tomorrow. And extra big festive hugs for Ollie and Minty from me. You are squished I tell you!

I hope the Xmas Dr Who is good!
24-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Lemmings? Ah, used to be SO ADDICTED to that on the Amiga. Worms was another one that never, ever ages, although World Party was the best one. If you played against three computer opponents & had one with the stereotyped Scottish voices & another with the Yorkshire voices it was hilarious: like it was the cast of Brass having a fist fight with the Krankies!

Merry Christmas to you & Ollie too (who will be having a Barbie lunch right now)!

25-12-2013, 07:54 PM
I first played Lemmings on my Amiga too. My first computer! It came with it I think. And Police Quest and something with zombies that gave me nightmares. I didn't tell anyone I was having nightmares in case they took away the computer. Seems daft now looking at some of the games kids these days play. The zombies were probably very tame and possibly formed from a single, fuzzy, non-threatening polygon, but hey, that was then.

Santa did a good job and my TS3 collection is now complete.

[Image: image-1.jpg]

Well, I skipped Showtime but somehow I think I can live without that.

And these are the only sweet treats I want. No Katy Perry here, ta.

[Image: image.jpg]

Nomnomnom Biggrin It was a bloody massive panettone, well tasty and less stodgy than traditional fight pudding.

Hope you all had a good day.
25-12-2013, 10:03 PM
That panettone has my stomach screaming in fear just looking at it the way I feel right now!

I will not be eating for a week. Every year I vow not to overdo it, every year I fail. Serves me right. Good that yours has gone so well Caspin - I pity those poor souls down in Bath & the like right now.

25-12-2013, 11:12 PM
I know what you mean. I had a glass of water for dinner as no more food can be accommodated. Then remained lying down and watched Midsomer Murders and several episodes of Stargate. My tummy is stuffed and my brain is mush but hey it's Christmas so that's about right. Smile
26-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Managed to watch Star Wars Attack Of The Clones for the first time. It was good enough, although a bit silly having Yoda shuffling along with a walking stick yet giving it Bruce Lee big style fighting Christopher Lee with the light sabres.

Watching all the Great Train Robbery stuff however was brill. Did they really believe that Otto Skorzeny was the real mastermind behind it? What a hoot! It's remarkable how round about everyone else connected with the robbery ended up making far more money out of it than the robbers themselves, & after all his time on the run, Biggs ended up serving the same sentence he'd have got on appeal anyway.

I really didn't like that Tommy Butler, the way he expected his men to work every hour of the day on the case while he went off screwing his bit on the site, & tore up their overtime sheets behind their backs.

There was also a good one about the Curse of the Pharoahs on, although I was disappointed not to see an old aquaintance of mine, Professor Mark Nelson, involved, as he was the one that bust the whole story many years back in an article he'd written for fun & it went "viral" back in the days before "viral" was invented by such things as Twitter.

27-12-2013, 12:29 AM
You don't like Twitter I perceive.

So that was the day of boxes. I managed to eat a turkey sandwich but am still full. I hope I can resume normal eating soon. Played Little Big Planet this afternoon. I love that game!

I think Friday's storm has arrived early as it's blowing a gale here now. It sounds as though the window is going to be pulled out of the wall and fly away. Am becoming increasingly apprehensive about my train journeys being jeopardised by the weather. Oh well, nothing I can do about it.

Batten down the SF hatches!
27-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Nooooooo! A big chunk of our roof is now in the garden Sad
28-12-2013, 05:33 PM
Aaaaand now back in London, where nobody talks to anyone, which is a shock having been somewhere where everyone talks to everyone, albeit very fast, with great enthusiasm and in an entertaining accent. Tongue

Hopefully next time I visit the roof will have been reaffixed to the house. What a pickle that was. Nice big piece of roof slid off in the gale, bounced off the flat roof where it made several holes, before smashing the tiles all over the garden. Still, it could have been much worse. The tiles didn't land on the car, nor on anyone's head, and we got off very lightly given how many people are flooded. Also we were able to fix the flat roof ourselves using the most exciting thing I have seen in quite a while - TAR IN A GUN! Yeah! Smile