Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
01-02-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Oh yes, I see now that I've looked at my world clock! Night-night Ollie.

After a sunny start it's now dull and really chilly. For some reason I'm not in the mood to play my game, although I was reading Vidkid's blog earlier and that reminded me that I never did check out Midnight Hollow, so maybe I will have a peep at that, seeing as it's just as dark in RL, then back to my murder mysteries. I'm keen to find out how the man who was poisoned and had his face smashed in ended up in the dinghy.
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Well, that was a relaxing day. Played a bit of sims, ate some toast, caught up with some sleeping, and not much else. I have to work some extra hours each week for a few months so I'm starting to feel really tired but it gives me massive appreciation for the weekend!

Today I finally managed to recreate my favourite TS2 sim in TS3 format. I'd tried a few times previously, but wasn't happy with the results. Now I think I've finally got it right. Her name is (and was) Vanessa Valentine so it seems fitting to have created her in time for Valentine's Day. She was my legacy sim in TS2 and when I say legacy I mean Legacy with a really big L. I played her for years and years and years (no crashes in TS2 on Mac so no problem playing for infinite generations). Do you remember those green-coloured water coolers you could get as a reward? You would drink from them and it would reset your age like ambrosia does in TS3. So the story for Vanessa was that she was addicted to those and had a desire to be immortal (yes, I know, such a savoury plot for a sims legacy - drug addiction and delusions!). I wanted to see how many generations of kids, grandkids, greatgrandkids etc she could get through. On and on it went. She maxed every skill and had been at the top of every career and was super-rich. It was great.

Anyway, now I have TS3 Vanessa and, since she was always a bit of rock chick with gothic preferences, I thought she'd be ideal in Midnight Hollow. It's a shame it's so dark in MH, in a way, as the pictures would be difficult to see, otherwise I could produce the ultimate unending pic spam. Tongue

Anyway, that was my weekend. Hope you guys had fun too.
02-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Hearts lost the League Cup semi on penalties, but having come back from 1-0 down to 2-1 in under three minutes, at least they've shown some spirit. But Inverness had two players sent off before they equalised, so Hearts threw it away, & Inverness looked more likely to score in extra time. Probably for the best, they need to concentrate on staying in the Premier, because if relegated I don't see a fan owned Hearts (if that happens) returning to the top tier for a very long time - the revenue drop is too much.

Small piece of history, as this is Inverness' first final. 20 years ago they were two Highland League clubs - Inverness Caledonian & Inverness Thistle. They were told they could only get into the Scottish League if they merged - only for the SFL to let Ross County from Dingwall (10 miles down the road & under 5000 people in it) also join. Some are still bitter about this, the merged club lost quite a number of old fans who bitterly resented the loss of the Caley-Thistle derbies.

There's some sort of rust dripping on one of the window sills outside, & I'm hoping this doesn't mean some sort of rusting of the aluminium frames inside one of the double glazed windows.

Midnight Hollow's darkness put me off. It really needs a mod to give it a blood red sky or something less dull in daytime to make it easier to play.

According to Punxsutawney Phil, there will be six more weeks of winter. Always said groundhogs were total bar stewards.

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
02-02-2014, 11:10 PM
So there was a Caledonian and a Thistle and then they became Cale Thistle. I always thought it was an excessively long name, although it sounds nice, so that makes sense now. Poor old Hearts. Fingers crossed for them.

I forgot to mention an, erm, interesting new bug I got in TS3 today. Remember the times when your sim's work outfit, or other outfit in fact, got corrupted and they turned invisible? Well, no more! Hoorah! Now they will instead be completely naked. Yes, with no modesty mosaic. Just a sim running around in the buff! It's quite funny and I don't care a jot, but I presume this isn't ideal from EA's perspective if they want to retain their teen game rating and not frighten younger simmer's parents when they stroll past the family computer to observe a bunch of nude pixel people. Ah well!
03-02-2014, 12:13 AM
I thought going to work naked was normal.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

03-02-2014, 08:02 PM
Depends on the nature of the work I should think!
04-02-2014, 11:32 PM
Another wardrobe malfunction Ollie?

I bet you could not find a jury in the solar system to convict the person responsible for murdering the two people in this advert, especially if it was done in a particularly graphic manner.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

06-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Good heavens, how do you come across these weird things? Or maybe I shouldn't ask!

I seem to have survived the first of the Tube strikes. Buses were crazily busy and setting off even earlier than normal hasn't done much for my tiredness but hey, could be worse. I'll bounce back after a good night's sleep at the weekend and, as a bonus, my house isn't flooded.

So this month is the 14th anniversary of the start of The Sims. Funny sort of anniversary to celebrate isn't it - 14? And how shall we celebrate that, EA? By sacking a bunch of staff, not only those working on the current iteration of the franchise, but also those who were meant to be making the next version? Super! And what about the fans? Don't forget all the players who have enjoyed and, to put it in terms that you will understand, paid for the game for the last 14 years! Hmmmm, why not offer them a free stuff pack, perhaps one that many of them paid for ages ago so it's not a treat. Yes! And then for those who don't already own it, why not continue in fine Sims tradition and fudge up the download mechanism so they cannot claim their prize. Perfection!

I need to find the 'off switch' for my annoyance over this. Maybe cake will work. I'm going it eat cake now. Catch you later.
08-02-2014, 01:19 AM
(06-02-2014 09:35 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Good heavens, how do you come across these weird things? Or maybe I shouldn't ask!

You've been very lucky not to see it. Usually it is on after News At Ten, but it's also on the "other" channels such as Dave. Please teach me your secret in how to avoid it -other than of course switching off the TV.

(06-02-2014 09:35 PM)Caspin Wrote:  I seem to have survived the first of the Tube strikes. Buses were crazily busy and setting off even earlier than normal hasn't done much for my tiredness but hey, could be worse. I'll bounce back after a good night's sleep at the weekend and, as a bonus, my house isn't flooded.

It's only going to get worse. Bob Crow's determined to have a showdown as the clock ticks towards the next general election. All he'll end up doing is cementing Boris' rise to be next Tory leader/PM - that guy's very good at playing the buffoon to make sure his opponents always underestimate him.

The flooding down in the West Country looks horrifying.

(06-02-2014 09:35 PM)Caspin Wrote:  So this month is the 14th anniversary of the start of The Sims. Funny sort of anniversary to celebrate isn't it - 14? And how shall we celebrate that, EA? By sacking a bunch of staff, not only those working on the current iteration of the franchise, but also those who were meant to be making the next version? Super! And what about the fans? Don't forget all the players who have enjoyed and, to put it in terms that you will understand, paid for the game for the last 14 years! Hmmmm, why not offer them a free stuff pack, perhaps one that many of them paid for ages ago so it's not a treat. Yes! And then for those who don't already own it, why not continue in fine Sims tradition and fudge up the download mechanism so they cannot claim their prize. Perfection!

This x 10 000

(06-02-2014 09:35 PM)Caspin Wrote:  I need to find the 'off switch' for my annoyance over this. Maybe cake will work. I'm going it eat cake now. Catch you later.

If the cake is a lie you can screw the truth, that's what I always say.

I was at the dentist yesterday, & saw the stupidest programme in the world. It was called Born & Bred, & it involved the following.

This guy

[Image: eddie_mills-char.jpg]

dumped this girl

[Image: 57734.jpg]

in order that he (in the middle of the picture below) could date the following girl on the left instead.

[Image: bred4.jpg]

Yeah - can just see THAT happening! Although most of the locals were so weird on the show perhaps it wasn't as far fetched as I thought, they ought to have called the show Born & Inbred.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

08-02-2014, 02:16 AM
You have a TV channel called Dave?

[Image: od8QQA8.png]