Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
11-02-2014, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 09:34 PM by Ollie.)
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Hehe, fair enough..

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Obviously if you were coming over, Ollie, I might make more of an effort to be sociable. Smile

Series 1 of GOT now revised. I noticed two things that I didn't properly notice on first viewing. Firstly I was paying attention this time to who the people on the wall are daddy to. Secondly I realised the significance of the seven-pointed star pattern in the stained glass windows by the iron throne (actually at first I thought it represented the 7 kingdoms, but now understand it is the 7 new gods). Now, on to series 2!
11-02-2014, 10:35 PM
I'll do my best to creepishly sneak into The Sim Supply's suitcase. Tongue

12-02-2014, 11:53 PM
(11-02-2014 07:12 AM)Ollie Wrote:  Looks like some simmers are organising a meet-up in London for May. http://www.beyondsims.com/50312/event-si...in-london/

There's no way in hell I'm going (obviously), but Caspin, you live somewhere in the UK, don't you? Just a suggestion if you were quite desperate to meet some fellow simmers and had the time. Tongue
According to TheSimSupply, he also may go up there.

I don't get this - it's going to be "a Sims packed day", by wandering around the Natural History Museum. Yeah, that goes together logically! I'm not getting the thinking behind this at all.

I'm guessing that those in Beyond Sims & Platinum Sims all know one another, or at least some do, otherwise it's going to be lots of people there with pink carnations in their right lapels holding copies of The Times, & they'll end up probably being rounded up & arrested mistakenly as some sort of terrorist group by Bungling Boris's boys in blue Biggrin

(11-02-2014 07:12 AM)Ollie Wrote:  And Minty, regarding Jamie The Private School girl, just wait to you see the finale.

I was disturbed enough never to want to see it again. I thought it was a documentary for the first quarter hour, as the BBC last week had a good one about the old grammer school system. I began to think next maybe it's about some kid going through gender correction therepy or whatever it was & had been forced to go private because they'd have been killed in a state school. It was only when the weirdo started licking his/her/its dad's ear that I twigged it was meant to be a comedy.

To let Caspin know what she missed, the show is about an incredibly ugly middle aged guy (think "trollface" meme) pretending to be a school girl, (right down to the uniform) spending a considerable amount of time being lewd to real school age children. Skin crawling doesn't even come close.

Tony Benn doesn't look like he will make it to the weekend. End of an era.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
13-02-2014, 01:03 PM
I think it might be weirder if they all met up to play Sims, since that's normally a fairly solitary pursuit, unless they were meeting at some kind of games conference of course. I suppose for people who don't live here, coming to London might be quite exciting and there's no shortage of stuff to do. They're wise to have chosen some indoor activities in case the weather remains atrocious! Maybe they'll be inspired to create a Natural History Museum in Sims (that would be truly impressive). I think they do all know each other already, at least to some extent, so it's great that they'll get to spend some time together. I have talked a bit to Dan from Beyond Sims because he is a fellow Mac-user and he seems nice, but I don't know any of the others at all. There's a few simmers I wouldn't mind meeting but I must admit I'd be worried in case we didn't get along in RL. That would be sad.

It doesn't sound like I missed out on much with this Jamie show but now I'm vaguely intrigued!
13-02-2014, 01:14 PM
I must say I much preferred Chris Lilley's Summer Heights High over Ja'mie: Private school girl. I just love Mr. G. Big Grin
Did I ever mention that I saw Chris Lilley's at a signing once, unfortunately the line was absolutely massive so I got nothing signed, but it was quite cool to see him in person.

14-02-2014, 09:24 AM
The verdict on the Dave Lee Travis case was no surprise, but one of the two verdicts where they couldn't make up their minds was bizarre as the offence was alleged to have occured during a pantomime.

Does this mean the jury sat around a table shouting at one another "Oh no he didn't!" "Oh yes he did!"?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
14-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Oh Mr Green! Look behind yooooou! I hate pantomimes.

The wind is very noisy here. Quite a few bins were spotted taking a walk down the street and some fences have been blown over, but that's all so far. Hope you are all safe and sound and not in a storm/flood/drought or whichever extreme situation is currently occurring in your part of the world.

Oh and Happy Love Day! I celebrated with Portuguese custard tarts. All the best foods are yellow, you know.
15-02-2014, 12:33 AM
I celebrated vday by playing some Grand Theft Auto V and Minecraft with friends from Addictive G. Not that I don't do that every other day.

15-02-2014, 06:55 PM (This post was last modified: 16-02-2014 07:49 PM by Caspin.)
That sounds like a perfectly sensible way to spend a day. Better than going for a horrifically overpriced meal etc. A guy at work was in Valentines peril, having been told by his wife that she did not want him to buy any flowers. He thought she didn't mean it, bought some for her, then was told off by the ungrateful wench for wasting money (HIS money!). I have a feeling he would have been in trouble no matter what he did. Poor lad.

Last week I had the tune from Skyrim stuck in my head. This week it was the tune from GOT. Today they have morphed into a hybrid song and it won't go away.

I see the Hearts result was not very exciting today. At least they played though. My team at home couldn't, due to the pitch being waterlogged. I saw a picture and it did look like a little lake!