Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
10-03-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
On the way to work this morning I witnessed the police and bailiffs repossessing several small shops. Quite a sad sight. They can't have been doing well, those shops, with their overly fancy frocks and highly priced shoes. A few other little ones in the same area have been bought out, soon to be combined and made into a giant noodle bar and one of the nearby pubs hasn't opened for weeks. Deary me.

Hope everyone is OK this week. Is it really SimsForums' birthday this week? I might have a celebratory fish and chip! Smile
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Quiet today in the SimsForums living room (which I imagine to resemble a common room at Hogwarts but in a mad blue and green colour scheme). Well that is OK, I can stretch out on the sofa and eat all the biscuits. Tongue

Am super impressed with my daffs. Very Spring-like.

[Image: image-2.jpg]

I think they are one of the most amusing flowers, with their little trumpety faces.

Happy Birthday SimsForums!
11-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Daffodils are cool (shouldn't it be march violets? Tongue On second thoughts, they were a poo band so let's keep it daffs!).

Read something about GOT that should interest you. You remember Jaqen H'ghar aka Cool Girl's Murder Friend Biggrin

You remember how he knew Arya's real name from the start when in the cage asking for water?

You know how he was taken from the dungeons of King's Landing?

Do you remember who vanished during the betrayal of the Starks at King's Landing, his head not being on the spikes Joffrey make Sansa see?

[Image: Arya-Stark-and-Syrio-Forel-house-stark-2...3-1199.jpg]

Syrio Forel, Arya's sword tutor & former first sword of Braavos. Shocked

It's something to think about, especially since he never died in the books or the TV show.

First signs of movement in the garden. Lots of flies around (& spiders) & also LOTS of sparrows around, a good sign. Today was pretty warm if you were out about 1pm time, & it's to get better all week.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
12-03-2014, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 04:58 PM by Caspin.)
But why are we March Violets? Is it some old joke from before I joined simming forums? Never mind, violets are a nice old-fashioned flower and I quite like old-fashioned things, so we can substitute the daffs if necessary.

I see what you mean about Arya's dancing teacher. I was sorry that he wasn't in it for longer.

It is apparently 15 C out there today. I wouldn't know, seeing as I'm stuck indoors most of the day. It was bloody freezing last night though! I had to put on more clothes to go to bed than I'd worn during the day, which is ridiculous really.

Speaking of spiders (sorry, Ollie), I think I may have made an error by letting some of them live in the flat. One of them has clearly laid eggs somewhere and now all the baby spiders have been born and are appearing everywhere. Tiny little things - millions of them! I am trying to round them up but I expect I face a losing battle.

Edit: I have just been injured by pineapple. Not by the spiky bits on the outside and I did not drop it on my toes. No, it was all chopped up in a fruit salad, a deceptively innocuous-looking late lunch. But it has burned my tongue! Burned I tell you! Arrrrgh! This reminds of the time that I got a load of spines from a courgette stuck in my thumb. Or the time I stapled two of my fingers together with a massive staple gun. Inanimate objects are always after me. Accursed clumsiness! Excuse me while I go and roll myself up in bubble-wrap before anything else occurs.
12-03-2014, 11:52 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2014 03:27 PM by Minty.)
I think TMN call us that because they like to have a shorthand for all forums & this one started in a March. Rather be that than a taffeta like they call those at Boolprop -why taffeta FFS?

I'll always be an Evil Dictator though no matter what forum I am in - EVDI till I die! Tongue

Another thought about Arya's dancing teacher, he said the only god was Death. Jaqen H'ghar claimed to be honour bound to kill three people to appease the Red God/Lord Of Light, but as later he was revealed to be one of the Faceless Men, who worship Death. I'm even more convinced now this is who he truly was.

Something also to think about - isn't it strange how closely the fate of all the direwolves of all the Stark children has reflected their own fates? Arya's was forced to flee, Sansa's was a victim of Lannister malice, Bran's seems to have a sixth sense, Rob's was always attacking people it ought to have been friends with, & Jon Snow's (Ghost) was always wandering off doing its own thing instead of doing what it was told.

I like pineapple only on a gammon steak or as part of tropical fruit juice. How can you be burned by a pineapple? Stapling your fingers? Sick I am the master of paper cuts, stubbing toes, burning my tongue on hot food & colliding with door handles however. No point wrapping yourself in bubblewrap, you'll never be able to resist the temptation to pop it.

I was once burned by a veggieburger I was sinking my teeth into & the juice from it somehow squirted onto my cheeks agonisingly. No one at work believed me when I told them how I'd managed it!

Yes, it is freezing again. My feet are cold all day long even if I put two pairs of socks on. The spiders don't appear to feel the same, I've chucked out three today.

13-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Taffeta?! Hehehehehe. Biggrin

They call them "taffers" not taffeta, you silly sausage roll. Tongue

I fully accept that you would excel in the role of an evil dictator. What happened to the other dictators then? Did you become the one dictator to rule them all?

I would be very happy if the dancing teacher did survive. I liked him a lot and your speculations do make a lot of sense. He seemed to be holding his own with the wooden sword when Arya ran off so it could be true. Perhaps all will be revealed in a yet-to-be-completed book.

Also true about the wolves. I had not thought about that. It's good! Rob's got killed. Mr Snow's is running around in the north. Yes, I see. Gosh you think about things very thoroughly don't you.

I have concluded that the pineapple injury (which is gone now, thankfully) was partly due to the texture of the pineapple, which was quite rough and a bit grippy, and partly because the box had been at the top of the fridge and was very cold, so maybe I received frost damage. I fully understand the perils of door handles and papercuts. If I am remembered for anything by anyone, it will be my excellent chocolate brownies (even if I do say so myself) and my ability to fall over on flat surfaces with good traction.

Got chilly paws? We'll have to get some SF-branded slippers. Or you can have big fuzzy monster feet ones for when you're eating your cookies.

Where is that Ollie? He needs to appear here and say sensible things to balance out my ramblings.
14-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Taffers? OK, what's a taffer? A sort of toffee? A club for posh people? A magazine like Tatlers? Or maybe its a Canadian concept as I think their owner Rhea is one (although no one's heard from her for over a year - hahaha been there before with Aarin!)

Nothing silly about sausage rolls btw, food of the gods! Especially those at Raydale Park. Yahoo

(Damn, now I'm hungry!)

Okay, I'll start using the colour contention!

That guy Arya's dancing master was fighting is a snivelling creep, but what do you expect from someone whose level is beating up girls for Joffrey (twice) but bricked it when Tyrion told Bronn to kill him if he opened his mouth again - even with all his King's Guard mates he knew he'd be dead. This is another reason I reckon Syrio survived, that & the sound of a sword falling onto stone as Arya looked back when escaping. But like I say, nothing in the books to confirm one way or another.

Why is it the pineapple in fruit salads is impossible to do anything with but swallow? It is impossible to either cut or chew with your teeth, even if you stab it a hundred times first.

My feet are so cold I swear I could blowtorch them & not feel anything Sick

You're right about Ollie btw, hey dude, what's up? Dunno

14-03-2014, 09:49 AM
Mmmmmmm. I had mini sausage rolls for dinner last night, with lentil soup. It was devine. In my house 'sausage roll' is a term of endearment! I must go to Raydale Park one day and sample these highly rated delicacies.

I have no idea what a taffer is. I looked on urban dictionary but didn't reach any firm conclusions based on the information there. Dunno

Do you have bad circulation to your feet? Maybe you could stick them on top of a hot water bottle. Or under a dog. Or both.

I think Ollie is very busy GTA-ing. I spy on him on Twitter and noticed that this morning (which I guess was his evening) he was firing up GTA 4, as though 5 was not enough to be getting on with! So many cars to steal, so little time.

Tongue
14-03-2014, 06:35 PM
This video is WEIRD!

What's got into them? Dunno

15-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Aw poor kitties! They seem to either be concerned that Sharon is being attacked by the shower or else they want to get in with her. Very weird. I really want to tidy that bathroom.