Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
24-03-2014, 01:01 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Sorry I've been so quiet, probs with the DWP & relatives inviting themselves round. I need another weekend to get over the weekend I've had.

Yeah, not looking so good for Marine, although it could be Frickley, Barwell, Grantham (what are they doing in the NPL?!?!?!) or Witton (games in hand doesn't necessarily mean points on the board). Stockbridge, Droylsden & Stafford Rangers are down anyway (I take it there's four relegation spots with it being a 24 team league?). Hope FC United of Pretentious blow their promo bid - I hate them!

The donkey derby next weekend won't mean much. If the Midden pick up a point the day before, that's it, we're down, although if we beat Hibs it will mean they can't finish in the top six & will kiss goodbye to Europe again.

Freezing at night up here, but warm during the day, so at least we get time to thaw Biggrin

Anyway, got a splitting headache & heading for an early night!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2014, 11:53 AM
You have a funny idea of an "early" night!

No need to be sorry about leaving me blathering away by myself. I can do it indefinitely and I know you and Ollie are busy. I'm sorry your relatives have been round bothering you when you are trying to sort out important stuff. Hopefully all your physical and metaphorical headaches will clear up.

Yes, there are to be four relegations. It's not looking too hopeful, really, but it's not over till it's over. They just need to cling on to the bottom of the table. Cling on, Mariners!
24-03-2014, 05:16 PM
(24-03-2014 11:53 AM)Caspin Wrote:  You have a funny idea of an "early" night!

I realised that after posting & went "IS THAT THE EFFING TIME?!?!?!?!??!" I was waiting on a delayed spin cycle to finish so I could switch everything off & go to bed. I was up at 5 as well bright as a daisy like I'd slept for 12. Nothing like blazing sunshine to get you full of beans again (I'll probably be dead by 7 but I'm gonna kid myself on I have limitless energy).

Actually it's probably also down to changing the bed linen before bed (partly to make up a load). Nothing like the first day of fresh bed linen & a turned mattress to make z-time that bit more worthwhile.

All the supermarkets and chemists today punting suntan cream on special offer today. One day of sunshine & they're tempting fate.

24-03-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm glad you got a good sleep. Best way to clear a headache. I'm still having odd dreams and can't settle. I'm going to exert myself massively in yoga tonight and get really tired and worn out,mthen hopefully I will collapse into one of my coma sleeps instead of these ridiculous dream-riddled experiences.
25-03-2014, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2014 11:55 PM by Minty.)
Alright, wtf is going on. I go onto Google, & it's all in Chinese, & the colours on my monitor screen look like its been taking acid! Omg

I see the SFA have been lending their bent for Rangers refs to the FA for Arsenal games. Complete disgrace - Swansea get an own goal at the death, so let's add 5 minutes extra time on to see if Arsenal can get a winner. What's that? De Guzman looks set to score so Swansea will win the game instead? PEEEEP! FULL TIME!

I don't care how much money the United Arab Emirates has in the English game. If England starts going down the road of having dodgy refereeing to suit the "big" clubs that are bored billionaires toys, God help it.

27-03-2014, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 03:24 PM by Caspin.)
Maybe Google decided to provide you with your very own personalised, psychedelic doodle!

Yes those big clubs are more like toys than sports teams aren't they. Little teams funded entirely by sausage roll sales FTW!

I think I've figured out why my sleep is being disrupted. The other night I woke up and caught the tail-end of my horrible screechy neighbour finishing up one of her shouty telephone calls (at 3.30 am). An hour later - same deal, I slowly wake up to hear her finishing swearing her head off at top pitch. So I think she is ringing people up in the middle of the night to yell at them in her horrifying, shrill voice and with her sadly limited vocabulary. It wakes me up from my usually deep sleep but sometimes she's finished by the time I'm properly alert, so then I'm left baffled as to why I'm awake and feeling stressed out because raised voices upset me. Last night she was away from home and I slept like a baby. I might have to get ear plugs.
28-03-2014, 03:53 PM
You always make me feel so lucky with the neighbours I have (even when they're being eccentric!)

Back to freezing cold up here. This is getting ridiculous.

If I go into one more shop playing "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road", I think I'm gonna scream!

28-03-2014, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2014 11:11 PM by Caspin.)
Just how many shops were playing that?! Crazy.

Yes, it is cold again here too. My hands nearly froze off this morning, even when I lodged them in my coat pockets, and there was a thick freaky fog so I had to expend a lot of extra energy making doubly sure it was safe to cross the road. I was alarmed by how many cars and bikes had no lights on even though visibility couldn't have been more than a couple of metres.

Don't forget to change your clocks this weekend, when an hour is stolen from us. Grrr, I need that hour!

In other news, as expected, Kate Bush sold out in minutes. I'd be fascinated to see what she comes up with for these concerts, I really would. Her last live concert was performed when I was one year old. She certainly hasn't rushed the new material. Biggrin
29-03-2014, 03:39 PM
There were at least 5 I can remember playing it. I've now discovered that the album "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" has been reissued for its 40th anniversary with a 2nd CD of various modern "artists" & "divas" murdering it.

He's been in the doldrums for years, & like most musicians with a money spinning back catalogue (Bowie, McCartney) he can force his record company to keep releasing new albums even if they don't sell or he'll take his back catalogue elsewhere. The way to recoup their losses is reissuing a repackage of his old records, also in the hope it will bring back old fans to try his new ones.

Maybe I'm getting old as well, but I can't believe those tickets are changing hands for over £100 - for that price I'd expect Kate Bush to take me to dinner at the Ritz after!

29-03-2014, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2014 06:02 PM by Caspin.)
Good grief, how many versions of that song does the world need? Not too many more, I should think. Better get you some ear plugs for while you are out shopping. Coming to think of it, I haven't been aware of any music in any shops since the horrors of the Christmas tunes finished.

Are you aware, Mr Green, that you've said "maybe I'm getting old" about five times on here in the last few months? I remember these things. Hopefully you will start to feel all spring-chicken-y soon instead, now that Spring is sprung. Yes, soon you will be bouncing around the fields like a crazed lamb, with daffodils in your hair (or similar scenario of your own choice).

Biggrin

I read something earlier about some Kate Bush tickets being auctioned online for around £2500, this being for a ticket that sold for under £50 originally. It's madness. To be honest I'd happily have paid £100 for a ticket - maybe double or triple that - but then I'm used to inflated London prices and am prone to wild extravagance when it comes to tickets for shows, particularly if it'll be a once in a lifetime thing. But I knew they'd sell out in minutes and felt that there was no point in trying. And I won't give money to ticket touts so that's that.

Yes

AND NOW FOOTBALL SUCCESS! Yaaaaay!

Yahoo Clapping