Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
30-03-2014, 02:55 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
YAAAAASSSS! 2-0. No demotion derby, no relegation in March! Yahoo

Gotta take these crumbs of comfort where I can!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Clapping

And yet more football success! On a (sausage) roll here it would seem Smile
30-03-2014, 07:40 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2014 07:41 PM by Caspin.)
Oh oh oh! Sorry about that humiliating thrashing, Tottenham. Not! Biggrin

I am liking the look of the Premier League table now. You should put bets on, Minty.

This has been the best weekend of football results ever!

Polenta cakes for all!

Yes
01-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Not looking good for Hearts all of a sudden. Seems those Lithuanians know Ann Budge (the woman leading the takeover) is a multi-millionaire & think she should therefore pay up even more for a club THEY wrecked & ran up massive debts with for the privilege for taking over it & trying to sort it out.

I'd sooner see Hearts fold than that in all honesty. They had their fun & don't deserve a penny, especially with all those unpaid bills to suppliers, etc the admin guy's trying to clear up. They even stiffed the Poppy Fund & a Hearts supporter stepped in to pay the outstanding amount (which was a pretty penny). I'm sick of rich businessmen treating football like Football Manager Hotseat Edition. It's real fans & real lives they screw up when they get bored & walk off or bankrupt it leaving everyone else to pick up the pieces.

Elsewhere the newspapers are full of lame "April Fool" jokes (chickens that can lay square eggs, etc). One of these years they'll print something that's funny.

We've had our first April shower this morning.

01-04-2014, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 03:16 PM by Caspin.)
Aw, I'm sorry about Hearts. Don't give up on Ann Budge yet, though. Maybe she'll sort out those money-grabbing fiends in the end.

I hate April Fools "jokes" too. They are rarely amusing, possibly because the ludicrous scenarios they tend to put forward are largely indistinguishable from most of the things that actually happen these days. If I read the papers I'd probably have trouble spotting what is meant to be a joke.

If the weatherman is right, by 5.00 this afternoon it is supposed to be 20 °C here and pouring with rain. Like in a jungle!

On Sunday night I had the worst nightmare I've had in years. It was proper horror movie stuff. The next morning I considered writing it all down, as it would make an excellent plot for a book/play/film, but possibly it's better to try to forget it. Anyway, since then I've been all headachy and shaky and out of sorts. I blame the clocks going forward and general lack of sleep. I have taken a bit of time off later in the week and will be doing some fun things. I figured I might as well take some holiday as I will otherwise yet again fail to use up my annual leave!

Did you see that some people had ordered The Sims 4 through Origin, but they ordered a disc version rather than digital, then Origin announced that they weren't selling disc versions any more? It would seem that those people are getting the digital download version of TS4 added to their Origin accounts for free now. So that's nice for them.
01-04-2014, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014 11:53 PM by Minty.)
Shocked Reading that post today at TMN. Now I don't feel so guilty about expelling her sorry ass out of here last year when I discovered she was badmouthing me & this forum in her shitty blog egged on by other turncoats. Good riddance to them.

FFS, I've got two foxes shagging on my bloody garage roof, how the wotsit did they get up there, never mind WHY they're doing it up there! I shouted at them but they've taken no notice. Anyone got a loan of a hunting horn to scare the foxxers off?

(I'm guessing they got up via my neighbour's garage roof as she's piles of boxes behind hers)

Unbelievable:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-ed...e-26834110

They had been warned about that wall dozens of times as well but nothing was done. Criminal doesn't begin to cover it.

02-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Terrible. When I snooped around here before joining, I never warmed to her. People are such a disappointment. I'm always bewildered by people who thrive on drama via the internet - doesn't real life throw enough bricks at your head without provoking more aggro online?

Not sure I like SF being described as 'moribund'. A depressing term. I would prefer 'hibernatory'. Like squirrels. Tucked up nice and cosy with a supply of sausage rolls to see us through the quiet times.

Perhaps your foxes like an audience or something! Omg

There are loads of urban foxes here and they are often on the garage roof, but usually just to sleep. If they want to do anything else they go into the hedge. Yours are a bunch of exhibitionists!

Right, I'm off to a meeting. Joy. Got this afternoon off so that will be nice. Yes
02-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Yes, I wasn't pleased at that either, although I will be the first to admit not pulling my weight here enough to do anything about it mainly because real life concerns are priority right now as you know.

On the other hand, when you find out those people only posting in the stories section because they claim to be pushed for time are busy posting up a storm over at MTS daily, you start feeling what's the use? Saying that, if it came between remaining moribund or having idiots like Earth Mama back or Celoptra/MadameLee join, I'll take moribund!

When Sims 4 comes out there's no doubt some of the old faces will return (some still looking for Cassie BangHead ), but are any of us exactly enthusiastic over it? Every time I think "that sounds good", out comes another sub-Sims 2 unmodded look screenshot to put me right off. The Rflongs may be clappy hands about it because they're getting what THEY want for building easier, it's just a pity the rest of it looks all in matt paint.

They were back last night at just after half three (the time I was awakened & opened the window to shout "beat it!" - this time they did!) Maybe those foxes wanted to be in the 10 Foot High club or something.

02-04-2014, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 05:07 PM by Caspin.)
Yay, home again! For a short day, that was a long day! Nah

Frisky northern foxes. Must be something in the air. The ones down here are probably breathing in this bizarre smog of pollution and Saharan dust and not feeling frisky at all. I am now speculating that the very high pollution level might be the reason for my headaches and general unwellness this week. I'm OK with that, as it means it should pass in due course. It might help if we had received that heavy rain that was promised for the other day but never materialised.

When Sims 4 comes out, some new simmers might join or some old members may return. Given the aggressive, troll-filled state of the official forums most of the time, some might like a less hostile environment to talk about it! I don't like the look of TS4 myself, but I think Ollie is interested and some others might give it a go. I won't be buying it but that won't stop me being interested in their opinions/pictures/stories. We shall see (if EA ever actually manage to release it). Or some people carrying on with Sims 3 or Sims 2 might want to talk to others that do the same. Time will tell.

We have all the relevant sections for The Sims games and we come up very high if someone searches for a simming forum, so if people turn up, super. If people then lose interest in the game, then there's the arcade or the 'other games' section. Or they can chat in General - and if they are not interested in football, polenta or GoT, well then they can change the subject. I'm happy to talk about almost anything (I'm versatile, don't you know) and if I don't know much about something then I'm always pleased to learn something new.

Anyway, my point is that I don't have a moribund feeling here. The colour scheme is simply too uplifting for that. Tongue And Minty, you should not feel that you are not 'pulling your weight' - there's not meant to be weight to pull. It's just supposed to be social and fun. Just don't forget that although the internet is not real life, the people posting on it are definitely real and like to know that their forum folk are OK. So drop in when you can and in the meantime I will chat on. Try stopping me.
02-04-2014, 06:29 PM
That sand smog is creepy. Hope Matt's OK as East Anglia's taking the full brunt. I dare say the Green Party will be delighted at this, best local council election & Euro election boost they've ever had. All they have to do is write "WE TOLD YOU CLIMATE CHANGE WAS REAL!" in the sand dunes down every English high street today! Biggrin

Today's "you couldn't make it up" moment:-

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/ear...00787.html

A 14-year-old girl has been banned from playing for a football team in Yorkshire, and it has to be one of the more ridiculous situations in grass-roots sport.

Jobsworth officials often spoil everyone's fun when it comes to participation in activities that should be free for everyone, but this really does take that to a new level.

Carmen Olmos has been told that she strictly cannot take to the field at all for her community club, Wortley FC, for one reason.

That is? She is Spanish.

As absurd as it is, the Football Association have ruled that the teen is ineligible to represent her local team because she cannot be granted 'international clearance'.

She should tell them she's Gibraltarian to REALLY annoy them!