Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
08-05-2014, 05:13 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Crumbs. I'm sure there are plenty who would pay good money to be interviewed at length by a Cersei Lannister lookalike. Biggrin

We have had some really good temps in the past and have encouraged them to apply for the jobs they were covering, so sometimes it works out. Not always, though. Maybe the best plan is to apply to work at the recruitment agency itself. There's plenty of work for them these days and you'd be much kinder to your clients due to having been on the other side of the table. Standards would be raised!

In other news, got a new internet router for the flat and it is called NIGHTHAWK! Just need to hide some British airmen in a cupboard now.
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Biggrin Does it have the flashing knobs?

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
08-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Oh no, let's not start talking about knobs again, hey!

Biggrin
09-05-2014, 10:58 PM
What a weird day. On the way to the bus this morning I was wearing sunglasses and a raincoat (because it was alternating between madly sunny and sudden downpours, not because I was impersonating a film star or a private detective or worse).

Got home this evening to discover a crime had been committed in my kitchen. A spider had spun a really huge web. All. Over. My. Teapots.

PissedOff Outrage.
10-05-2014, 09:44 AM
I'd say hanging's too good for them, except as spiders spend most of their time hanging it ain't gonna work.

Gateshead now one game away from overturning one of the gravest injustices in English football. They were chucked out on their first application for re-election while three multiple offenders (Southport, Oldham & Hartlepool - or Hartlepools as they were known then) were kept in.

To add insult to injury, Gateshead had been FA Cup quarter finalists only 6 years earlier, putting out Shankly's Liverpool & only losing to Nat Lofthouse's Bolton Wanderers in very dubious circumstances (Gateshead were denied a blatant penalty for handball, & Bolton scored on the break from the ref allowing play on).

My brother's hoping for Cambridge United to win as it means Cambridge avoiding the Bristol Rovers fans & ESPECIALLY the Macclesfield ones.

10-05-2014, 05:04 PM
I know nothing about Macclesfield footy fans. I have been to Macclesfield, only once I think. We went camping there when I was a child. We stayed on a farm and during the night cows would sometimes walk into the tent, which was absolutely terrifying as well as hilarious. I drank unpasturised milk for the first (and last) time. I befriended the farm dog and took him for walks, which was good because he went for help when I got my foot stuck in a cattle grid. I was taught how to play solitaire when we had to go into the farmhouse during a storm. And one day I was running across the field and ran into the side of a cow (I was not looking where I was going, clearly) and it knocked out one of my teeth (the tooth was already wobbly, so the cow did me a favour really). Yup, that's the extent of my Macclesfield knowledge.

Does your brother live in Cambridge? If so: lucky brother! It's so nice there. I used to have to go a few times a year for work meetings and would occasionally stay afterwards and have a little mini-break. I like to walk along by the river.

I have waged war on the teapot-destroying spider. I mean, it's a bit cheeky to make such a mess after I've willingly shared my home with them for all this time. Cobwebs have been removed and I've risked life and limb doing gymnastics in the kitchen to wash the windows and get rid of all the spiders and their friends (dinners). This weekend's project was supposed to be to sharpen all the knives, but washing the windows knackered me and so now I think I'll rest instead.
11-05-2014, 01:13 AM
Doesn't Cambridge have one of those posh, high class university's? Big Grin

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

11-05-2014, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 01:54 PM by Caspin.)
It does have a good university, yes, with really beautiful old buildings. It is a good-looking place!

I have one more episode of Breaking Bad series two left to watch. It's a great show, I'm really enjoying it. Anyone else seen it?

It is chucking it down again. If only I could slap some soap on the outside of the windows and then let Mother Nature do the rinsing. What are the odds on me successfully doing this? Nill I suspect, so I'll stay in here instead.

At least the rain will make more puddles for the poor thirsty urban foxes to drink. This is Henry, a fox with a bad leg who is looking a little less well every time I see him.

[Image: imagejpg1-5.jpg]

He drinks the water that collects on the grids in the garden. Aw, poor Henry Sad
11-05-2014, 06:10 PM
Looks like Henry's got mange in the back end.

Yeah, my brother lives in Cambridge & isn't the least grateful about it. He complains the people aren't friendly, but it's very much what you put in. I don't understand how he can think it friendlier than Manchester, one of those cities where you get the "what you f**king looking at?" attitude if you look at anyone for a micro-second too long.

He's no culture vulture & simply refuses to appreciate how lovely a place it is. We're chalk & cheese. He'd sooner earn barrels of loot & live in a grey concrete dump while I'd sooner earn pennies but be surrounded by trees & beautiful surroundings in an area where people can make sentences without ALWAYS having to swear. Quantity of money vs quality of life. I think part of it was I remembered my grandad when I was a kid work like a dog for a chain of pubs he ran, only to die at 61 & never get to enjoy the retirement he'd planned & saved for.

Speaking of which, I'm considering sueing Liverpool, Man City, Newcastle & West Ham for those wasted 2 hours of my life watching that garbage!

You just knew the bearded lady was going to win Eurovision, didn't you Biggrin

11-05-2014, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2014 07:20 PM by Caspin.)
Yes, Henry does have a mangy bum. Poor thing.

Your brother is the chalk and you are the cheese. Big Grin

Minty=

[Image: imagejpg1-6.jpg]

What a sorry situation to live somewhere as beautiful as Cambridge, and so very close to London, but not get the best out of it. Especially if you're lucky enough to have the money. It is a shame. But I guess we all have different priorities eh.

Right, let's get that Breaking Bad watched and then I can watch Something Else. Will be surprise if Ollie doesn't hear my excited squealing in Oz!