Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
14-05-2014, 09:37 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Got caught in a storm last night while I was walking to the South Bank. I took shelter under a tree in Trafalgar Square and was surrounded by people in tuxedos/evening dresses, which made me feel somewhat under-dressed for the occasion. Smile

Saw "A Small Family Business" last night. Compared to some of the things I've seen recently it was a little bland, although I did at least manage to remain conscious throughout the performance so that's an improvement. It was well-acted at any rate and quite funny at times.

Then last night I had a dream in which I was captured by an evil version of the Three Musketeers (why?!) and then set upon by a flock of dementors. Super. Fortunately in the dream I found that when the dementors got close enough, they didn't suck the life out of me - instead they blew hot air. So it would seem that dementors are just big hairdryers. Either that or I have developed the skill to use the Riddikulus charm while sleeping, which could be very handy at eliminating future nightmares! Biggrin

Sohappy
Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2014, 10:01 PM
(11-05-2014 06:42 PM)Caspin Wrote:  Yes, Henry does have a mangy bum. Poor thing.

Your brother is the chalk and you are the cheese. Big Grin

Minty=

[Image: imagejpg1-6.jpg]

What a sorry situation to live somewhere as beautiful as Cambridge, and so very close to London, but not get the best out of it. Especially if you're lucky enough to have the money. It is a shame. But I guess we all have different priorities eh.

My brother's a complete philistine, which is weird as he used to be into art big time when he was younger & had an excellent eye for it. But he's got an aversion to anything historical, I think because he'd the worst history teacher in the world for his first two years of secondary who did nothing but tell them to read chapters of a book every week while he sat reading the newspaper (at least that's his story), until he was fired for bringing the school into disrepute (he was a local councillor who was caught taking bribes on the planning committee). Him & the missus' idea of culture is going to London to go to the big shopping centres exactly like the big shopping centres everywhere else in GB Inc. It's not as if he's got all that much room at home to intake shopping booty into anyway!

I noticed that the Globe got itself some negative press over a spate of faintings. They were claiming it was down to the blood & gore in their productions. Heard it!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
14-05-2014, 11:10 PM
*shudder* I hate shopping. Don't mind shopping for food but hate traipsing round clothes shops, trying to find something wearable that isn't covered in bows, is lime green, is only available in ludicrous sizes, or all of the above.

You'd better hope your brother doesn't start playing sims and joins here to find you calling him a philistine. Biggrin

There is a lot of gore in that play at the Globe, it is true. However I am not squeamish and have seen plenty of blood in the past. I studied a bit of forensic science as part of my first degree. After you've watched a post-mortem and examined a suicide by shotgun in the mouth, a few buckets of stage blood do not easily fell you! Might be a factor for the large number of instances of fainting though. The aftermath of The attack of Lavinia is grim viewing and if you didn't know it was coming it could be a terribly upsetting shock.

My goodness, it is late! How did that happen? Going to bed. Goodnight.
15-05-2014, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2014 09:11 AM by Caspin.)
Have you all seen this bloody marvellous kitty save the little boy from the aggressive dog? Go kitty!

That cat moved like a rocket!

Nyancat
16-05-2014, 09:14 AM
Well this is nice. Smile I have so much annual leave left this year that it started to look as though it was impossible to take it all before the leave year rolls over, so I'm having another random day off today and also next Friday. All working weeks should be limited to four days - this rocks!

I made pikelets with butter and honey for breakfast. I'm going to do all my household chores so that I have nothing to do over the weekend. Then I'm going to muck about in Sims. Oh yes, and very conveniently I will be here to receive my whisky box.

Sohappy
25-05-2014, 09:25 AM
What a strange week. There was the election, of which I will not speak, having been non-stop-ranting about it offline for days, Glasgow Art School was nearly burned up in a big fire and the simmers' meet-up occurred in London. The simmers seem to have had a nice time despite the weather. I guess those who travelled from afar did at least get a taste of proper British summer weather!

What else? I started watching series 3 of Breaking Bad, went shopping and bought a purple skirt with ladybirds on it, which makes it sound like kids clothes but never mind, and got a nifty new airtight container for my polenta. Yeah!
30-05-2014, 09:48 PM
I'm visiting my family for a few days and have been playing a bit of Skyrim (well, watching someone competent play, I should say). We seem to have accumulated a few stupid bugs where things get stuck in the inventory. Some kind of amulet and a big shiny axe. I think we did the story in the wrong order and it messed something up. Good thing they're not too heavy. We're going to see if we can at least stash the axe in a barrel or something.

Had to fill out an assortment of insurance claims forms today as a family illness has meant that we're all cancelling our summer holidays. How I hate those forms. I'm probably spending too much time on it but, since the last claim I submitted failed, I am determined that this time we will get back some money!

I think we might possibly go to watch the new X-men movie, or maybe the one with Lego if it is still showing.
01-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Amulet & a big shiny axe? Is it one of the Dragonborn expansions? Rings a bell about the one with Reeklings being bugged if done the wrong way round.

Btw, spotted Breebree yesterday on the officials. Said hi to her in her My Page.

01-06-2014, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2014 08:43 PM by Caspin.)
I can't remember the name of the axe to be honest. It was glowing red. It's not from Dragonborn, as my brother hasn't got the expansions installed. We managed to shove it in a cupboard in Breezehome so it's out of the way. Smile It has joined the millions of pink jewels in there that were also stuck for a while.

Hope Breebree is doing well. I have forbidden myself from visiting the officials, apart from the Mac forum, because it is so full of arguments there.

I was sad to hear that a few local footy teams look like they're going under, including Formby. I love their red squirrel logo.
03-06-2014, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2014 12:29 AM by Minty.)
Yeah, same could be happening up here as one of the biggest sponsors of the Juniors has packed it in & one of the other big sponsors was taken over by another company who will see little value in putting money into a basket case set up.

I think I may go over to Boolprop before the week's over & tell those running it to shake a leg. The spambots over there are getting beyond a joke & it's not fair on those still going there.

Update: Just did.

http://boolprop.prophpbb.com/topic3726.html

They should make Thai their admin, he/she is on it the most.