Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
02-07-2014, 12:06 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Belgium v USA - best game of the tournament easily. What did they put in the players' water at the extra time break, they ran like furies. I don't know how exhausted they were at the end, but my heart was doing 4/4. Shame one of them had to go out, they'd have murdered any of the other qualifiers on that performance.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Arrrgh, so frustrating! Saw the first goal in extra time, then thought "that should do it" and went to bed. Thus missed remaining goals, which is a shame as they're so infrequent at the moment. Oh well, glad you enjoyed it.

Nobody in York seems remotely interested in football. It's lucky that the flat I've rented has a TV because hardly any pubs are showing the World Cup matches. They are, however, showing Wimbledon, and the whole place is very much decorated in preparation for the Tour de France departure. They have some great bunting made of cycling jerseys as well as yellow-painted bicycles all over the city. It does look fun. Smile

Going to Liverpool tomorrow to check up on the family. I will no longer be a red rose in white rose country. Biggrin
03-07-2014, 11:17 PM
Did you remember to wash your feet in antiseptic after leaving Yorkshire? Biggrin

I think everyone in York's peed off with football after City's too little too late promo push. That & England getting put out.

Battle of the damned is on TV currently. I thought I'd saw the worst movie in the world, but this looks a contender for the title.

04-07-2014, 04:33 PM
Yeah, don't worry, everything's been scrubbed! Biggrin

Chilling out with my brother for a few days now. Although it currently isn't that relaxing - we're surrounded by Falmer and I think Brrezehome is on fire!
04-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Gotta love super-cool Auntie Caspin.

I should get those photos I took of Uluru on my computer and show them around, one day... One day.

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

04-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Yes please, Ollie. It would be interesting to see them. Did you have a great time?
04-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Go for it Ollie, your public demands it! Clapping

05-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Yeah - comply with my demands! Tongue

Heavy downpours last night have turned to bright sunshine today. This means barbecue!!!

Could do with Minty popping down here with his guttering skills, as last night's rain appears to have damaged some pipes. I think we can all agree that if I go up the ladder I'll almost certainly fall off it. Better wait for my brother to get up. Biggrin
05-07-2014, 03:11 PM
It was quite nice, warm days that could get pretty warm (late twenties), and then the freezing nights in tents, with the having to get up freezing cold at 5 AM, pack up the tent and drive to the next destination.
Mix in the night we had to call the police in Coober Pedy, with kids throwing rocks at us while dining outside, before sleeping in an underground motel.

Nonetheless got to see Uluru at sunset, which glows bright red, and spectacular views from the top of kings canyon (even with me being afraid of heights and not such a great physique, I got through it).

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

05-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Sounds great Smile

Underground motel? Well, that does sound a bit different. If I ever visit Oz I'll have to get the details from you.

We did a cracking barbecue this afternoon. The sun was actually a bit much for me, but I was shaded by wearing my brother's funny hat and staying under a parasol that just screamed 1970s styling! Biggrin