Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
17-07-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
It is now horrible hot up here & the forecast says it will get worse. We had torrential rain for two days, blazing sun for two days, & overnight the garden resembles a jungle. I'd go out to try & cut it back, but I'm afraid of being trampled to death by a wilderbeast or something.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2014, 10:26 PM
No, don't go out there! It isn't safe, I tell you! I could send our gardeners to remove all traces of plant life from your garden if that would help.

I have tomorrow off. I am so glad. It is going to get mega hot and I am going to stay indoors with the curtains closed and eat ice-cubes all day. I have made a lot of funny shaped ones in those trays you can get from ikea. I think I must have maxed out on geekness because my favourites are mathematical symbols so I can do sums with drinks.
18-07-2014, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2014 11:57 AM by Ollie.)
I wouldn't mind swapping my freezing cld days for your heat-as a matter of fact, I demand it! Biggrin

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

18-07-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm happy to swap with Ollie. How can we arrange this? Biggrin

The thunderstorms last night were amazing. One started at about 3am and actually woke me up. Yes - me! Woken by something! I KNOW! It was bloody loud thunder and I'd left the windows wide open in an attempt to survive the night without being cooked alive. The sky was an amazing opaque pink colour and there was a lot of lightning. Despite the incredible downpour through the night, there is no sign today that a single drop of rain fell - the ground is baked and the grass is turning yellow. My lavender bush is all crisped up. I think I'll have to replace it.

Today is the "heatwave". Our Australians would probably think it was just moderately warm but it's way too hot for me (mind you, I'd probably think that your "cold" was hilariously mild too, Ollie). I'm so glad I'm not at work today, as the office is really warm and we can't open the windows much at the moment due to there being a wasp nest right outside. Tonight there are meant to be more storms so I guess I'll just have to sleep during the day. Yes

My box set of Supernatural series 8 (oh shush, we all have our vices, do we not?!) arrived today so I may now adjourn to the sofa with my ice-cubes.
18-07-2014, 11:46 PM
There's an old episode of The Crystal Maze on right now, & they decide to go for a Mystery game in one zone which involves breaking into a house after disabling the alarms.

Who do they send to do it? Two people in the team who do the mental games? The only Scouser in the team.

Shame on you Channel 4 of old & your vicious stereotyping when you survived all those years on Brookside!

(Yes, she did complete the game in record time - cut all the wires without a second's hesitation & was out with the crystal in under 2 minutes!) Biggrin

On a less happy note, my heart goes out to those people who lost someone in that jet shoot down. Some horrible ironies, such as the woman who evaded disappearing with that earlier vanished Malaysian flight by swapping jets at the last minute, only to lose her husband who also worked with Malaysian Airways after he swapped jets at the last minutes.

19-07-2014, 02:54 AM
Geez.
With all these Malaysian Arline incidents/accidents, I have a feeling one company will be going broke soon. :/
Apparently some guy on the flight took a photo of the plane before boarding and posted it to some social media site saying, "In case it goes missing, this is what it looks like."

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

19-07-2014, 12:16 PM
There's no chance of them going broke, they are owned by the Malaysian government which subsidises them to the hilt. They've a bad reputation for running more times at a loss than profit due to corruption, but also they're unsustainable without government money. They used to run jointly with Singapore Airways, but they fell out. Singapore's does a lot better, but they treat their staff badly.

The Malaysians have only had seven accidents, but they do like to go for the spectacular. Until the disappearence incident, the most famous one was the jet heading to Perth where they only realised when almost too late that the auto navigation system had bugged to the extent that were it not for service ceiling, they'd have been flying off into outer space! Shocked

19-07-2014, 06:44 PM
(18-07-2014 11:46 PM)Minty Wrote:  (Yes, she did complete the game in record time - cut all the wires without a second's hesitation & was out with the crystal in under 2 minutes!)

Good girl! Tongue

That whole plane crash situation is really just awful, as is the alleged cover up and so are the people who feel it appropriate to put up very graphic images of the remains on social media.

Nah
21-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Anyone get that email about the so-called "Sims 2 Ultimate Collection"? I did, even though I don't have Origin installed and have no intention to do so. And I haven't bothered with that game since Sims 3. Do you really need Origin to get the games? Or is it just another way from EA to get non-Origin users to install that...program?

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
22-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Yeah, you need Origin to install it.

The rumours are also true that Origin is invasive of your privacy, more so than Steam. No wonder EA cut a deal with them.

I learned today that someone I last heard about 5 years when they'd apparantly just been diagnosed with a terminal cancer (one of those ovarian by the time they spot it, it's too late ones) is currently the manager of some local arts project funded with Scottish office money at stupid expense & generating no income. She also still could chainsmoke for Scotland at the Commonwealth games in a few days time. Maybe her cancer cells died of cancer.

Their linked in page had them claiming all manner of fiddlesticks & flapdoodle about their duties & responsibilities at the workplace we once shared. There's being creative, & there's downright lying, claiming to have been the acting manager in the real manager's absence.