Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
11-10-2014, 10:33 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
In the end I didn't mind taking Geography once I realised that it came with a residential field trip. Because obviously freezing your bits off in a youth hostel in Cumbria and hiking miles over hills through constant drizzle just to establish the composition of a remote hamlet is highly desirable. Smile

Speaking of Modern Studies, a few months ago I went to a meeting about Scottish school qualifications, because they're changing things round again, and that is the first time I understood what Modern Studies entailed. Previously I had thought it was akin to General Studies. Now I know.

I hope you are relaxing, now that it is the weekend, and not having to rake too many leaves. Today I had a real treat as I was play testing BluebellFlora's new world. It's really nice. She says I can post pics so I will do that tomorrow.

In other news Marine suffered a 4-0 defeat away from home and then the supporters' bus broke down on the motorway on the way home. But the team bus went back to rescue them, so hopefully all the fans will be nearing home by now. What an awful day out that would have been!
Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 07:48 AM
I watched the Scotland game, I watched the England game, I want those four dreadful hours of my life back! PissedOff

Watched "Twin Peaks: Firewalk With Me" also - I've watched some stark raving bonkers films in my time, but even the Monkees' "Head" made more sense than it did. Dunno

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
13-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Ha! I was thinking about watching that film, while Twin Peaks is in mind, but there were too many other tasks clamouring for my attention.

I am sorry the football was so dire. You are owed four hours and this is duly noted. Yes

It rained so much last night and the wind was quite wild. I hate sleeping with the window closed but I shut it at about 5.00 this morning as I was worried it was going to become detached and go flying off! Maybe Autumn really is here and I should take appropriate action.
14-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Flippin' minging with the cold from the new job. I can only hope I've revenge infected them with something twice as evil Tease

15-10-2014, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2014 02:18 PM by Caspin.)
I will be calling you Mingy for the rest of this week, to acknowledge your coldy grossness. Hopefully you will be starting to feel better by the time the weekend pops up on the horizon, Mingy.

Edit: Perhaps this will make you feel better. I went to the cafe to get a coffee, as one does. While inspecting my purse to see if I had the correct change, something dropped into my line of sight. A spider had descended from my hair! Omg At least people will look at you and identify you as suffering from a cold. Goodness knows what they are thinking of me! I'm like an instant Halloween costume or something.
18-10-2014, 06:42 PM
It is really hot here. I am displeased. Dunno

Went out for a steak on Friday. I don't often have a steak so I really enjoyed it. The place was near Smithfield meat market, so my expectations of a decent steak were high and were met. Had a lovely Manhattan as well. I'd forgotten how much I like a Manhattan. I was quite amused to see lots of young people on what looked like awkward dates. So, several meat markets going on really. Eek!

I guess I will go and read a bit more of my book before Dr Who. Is anyone Else watching new Dr Who? I like Peter Capaldi but have not really got into this series. The stories have not been very gripping and the script seems quite flat. I feel like the poor guy doesn't have very good material to work with.
20-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Liked the meat market comparison Biggrin

Have to say I've found this season's Dr Who awful. I'm even starting to wish Matt "Elephant Man" Smith was back. Not that I watched much telly over the weekend, spent most of it in bed trying to sleep off this cold in time for Monday.

Came home on Friday night to a snotty message on my answering machine - one of those other ones that offered me the job & I turned it down took it not so well, or rather the agency that organised the initial interview didn't. How professional.

Spent part of last night chasing a giant spider determined to escape the bedroom into the hallway. For a big guy he could go like the clappers from cover to cover but eventually I got him & he got launched outside into the pouring rain (despite which it was roasting hot last night - wtf?!!!!)

That QPR - Liverpool game was bizarre, all the action in the last 10 mins.

20-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Aw, poor sleepy Mingy. Are you feeling better now?

Last night's Dr Who was the one I have enjoyed most from this series. Most episodes just haven't been very exciting.

Put out three spiders this morning before leaving the house. All false widows. You are quite right about the speed - one of them was going like the clappers!

The Liverpool game did indeed save all the excitement for the final few moments. What about the Southampton V Sunderland game, though!
21-10-2014, 07:55 AM
Got the phrase "betting scandal" written all over it - no team could play that dire without it being on purpose surely. The Saints could have made it 10!

No gale force or hurricane force winds so far - hopefully its OK down your way too.

21-10-2014, 02:24 PM
No, I haven't seen anything too dramatic, although I read earlier that one person in London was been killed this morning by a tree falling down. Looks like a lot of travel disruption seems to be going on elsewhere. I had no problems with the bus this morning and have only seen a few small branches on the ground.