Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
23-02-2015, 09:42 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
(23-02-2015 08:01 AM)Minty Wrote:  We're living in a land of wannabe hillbillies, right down to the inbreeding part. Ugh!

Crikey! I just thought they were silly looking. Biggrin
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2015, 07:14 PM
You know what's worse than beards?
Paintbrush hair.
[Image: d96c71db7058b6a5323b855cce6ac13a50dd97e4...6bf7fd.jpg]

Everyone seems to have it. Right? You guys see that, too? It's not only me?
23-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Oh my goodness, Wanda, that is truly distressing! Also, stop giving me ideas!

Two entirely acceptable sims:

[Image: Acceptable.jpg]

The same sims, rendered entirely unacceptable by virtue of toothbrush quiffiness and bushy beardery!

[Image: Unacceptable.jpg]

Biggrin

(I think Ollie and Minty are going to kill me now so please hide me. Thank you.)

Fryingpan
23-02-2015, 09:53 PM
*vomits profusely*

[Image: od8QQA8.png]

28-02-2015, 12:49 PM
Sorry about that, Ollie. I needed something to cheer me up on Monday and that helped enormously. Minty's sim and yours at first looked so outraged at their new styles, followed by adopting gloomy expressions and staring at me through the screen. I didn't save it, so you are safe from toothbrush hair now. Tongue

Feel really spaced out today after having hardly any sleep. The noisiest of all my noisy neighbours had a party until well after 2.00 am, accompanied by occasional outbursts of banging on walls and ceilings from the tier 2 and tier 3 of noisy neighbours. I don't mind people having parties occasionally but it is polite to notify others in the building. When I was a student we would let other flats know if we were going to be rowdy, even when we lived in buildings that were 100% students - you never know whether someone might have an exam coming up, or their mum visiting or be working an early shift or something. Oh well.

It's unbelievable how loud some people can be, though. I don't think I should be able to hear conversations from two floors above me, crystal clear, word for word. I mean I'm not some kind of superhero with superhuman ears. I don't know if I even can speak that loudly! I was sorely tempted to retaliate by hoovering at 8.00, presuming that they are all now passed out and hungover, but I decided not to. Bitchiness does not become me and I think it is better to lead by example. A quiet example.

In other news, I finally listened to the new Bjork album. Well, I say I listened to the album but in fact I only got as far as the third track. I was absolutely willing to give it a chance, but it felt like a musical assault on my brain and was not enjoyable. If her aim was to convey the screeching pain and chaos of a messy break-up then she's done a terrific job and I hope she got something out of it. It would be a great album to smash plates to. Unfortunately it's not that pleasant to listen to if you are actually just sitting on a bus or going for a walk. Poor Bjork. I think I'll stick with her earlier stuff.

After a series of disasters, Marine have parted company with the manager and assistants. I wonder if a fresh start will bring success and whether it will be enough to keep us up (I doubt it). I really don't want to hear more reports of booing at matches. It's usually a very friendly and fun place to go to watch a game, no matter what the result.
28-02-2015, 07:03 PM
Ahahaha yay! I can live with winning 2-1 and there'll be no booing today! Even more amazing was Hearts' TEN goals! BeatingHeart
01-03-2015, 01:04 PM
Thanks for making Ollie & I looking like Mumford & Sons fans! Shocked

Caspin's not kidding about that result btw - first time we've ever been a national news story (apart from whenever we win the Scottish Cup)

Here's the goals from the whole farcical match:-

Two of the penalties were incredibly stupid, but the entire Cowdenbeath defence ought to have had their wages docks. They seemed reluctant to do anything other than block their goalie's view until a Hearts player got into the box whereupon they attempted to chop them down. They were lucky not to have another two players sent off.

What's the point of having a six man defensive line if they're not going to do their job? In the last ten minutes, they changed tactics & pushed players up. They could have got a goal back but by then it was too little too late anyway, & the ref didn't even bother adding on any injury time knowing the mood of the Cowden players was just wanting to go home.

Ozturk's goal was wonderful, second time he's done this. He'll go far with a bigger club eventually, shocking to think he wasn't considered good enough to do anything but warm the bench in the Dutch leagues.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-03-2015, 08:55 PM
[Image: that-dress.jpg]

Okay, what colour do you think it is by looking at it. I still think it's light blue & a muddy green, not black & blue or white & gold as many say.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
01-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Even now, with most of the bright background cut off, I can't bring myself to see something other than blue and black. Thought growing up with tons of optical illusions would have taught me to see both.... but it didn't.
01-03-2015, 10:47 PM
Blue and a sort of bronze colour. It's horrible and looks flammable!