Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
16-05-2015, 09:31 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Aw, sorry for your lack of cats, Wanda. But now you could get one, or sometime in the near-ish future? I'd love a cat.
Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Near-ish Future sounds good. I can't have a pet in this flat and I won't move until I get an actual job. One that is paid above minimum wage, for example, and not below BangHead

German government Wrote:"Hey, I got an idea! Let's make a minimum wage so people* can live from their work!

*but not young people, interns, trainees, people in their first job after unemployment and only if their boss wants to
"
17-05-2015, 06:55 PM
That subhuman waste of space that kills ducklings for lulz is a reason why I believe in karma. He will get what he deserves.
@Wanda Your time will come and someday very soon you'll have a wonderful beastie of your own. Meanwhile, have you thought of volunteering at an animal shelter? That would give you tons of chances to cuddle the kitties.
18-05-2015, 04:17 PM
Oh god I had completely forgotten about the lawn mower guy by now and first thought "subhuman waste of space that kills ducklings" refered to cats. Am I cynic or just stupid?
Actually, I never thought of the animal shelter. But I'm sure there is one somewhere in the neighbourhood. Let's find out!
19-05-2015, 01:09 AM
I'd never call a cat a waste of space. I had to wait three years after I moved out on my own before I could get a beastie of my own. Stupid no-pet rule! That was the only stipulation I gave my realtor guy when I had the chance to move from an apartment to where I live now. It had to absolutely be pet-friendly. Now I'm surrounded by dogs but at least I can have a cat. Egyptiandance
19-05-2015, 01:01 PM
Yesterday I made polenta and bolognese and the first thing that popped into my head was Caspin from this site Smile
19-05-2015, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2015 09:58 PM by Caspin.)
(19-05-2015 01:01 PM)Fraroc Wrote:  Yesterday I made polenta and bolognese and the first thing that popped into my head was Caspin from this site Smile

Aw, well it's very nice to be associated with such positive influences as polenta Biggrin

Here is a picture of Stonehenge, as promised. It was a day of wild weather and it was very difficult to hold my iPad steady in a gale, so this is the best I could do. It was really amazing.

[Image: image.jpg1.jpg]

If you had been a person living at the time the stone circle was constructed you might have lived in a house like this. It looks like a hut with hair Smile

[Image: image.jpg2.jpg]

Actually it reminds me of Ollie before he cut his hair Tongue

Finally (before you get scared that you're going to get hugely spammed) here is the earliest known clock. It doesn't have a clock face and never did - the mechanism used to ring a bell on the hour. We should rig one up for the SimsForums hallway.

[Image: image.jpg3.jpg]

In other news, while in Salisbury I took the opportunity to go to see Magna Carta and also saw some peregrine falcon chicks Smile

Been a good week off so far. Need some sleep now. Night-night.
20-05-2015, 01:25 PM
That hut looks very cool. If I had the money I'd go to England and see the sights. FlyingPig
21-05-2015, 03:07 PM
Ah well, one day you might get to see the hairy huts with your very own eyes!

Had a nice day out in Cambridge yesterday, walking along the river, doing a little bit of shopping and then in the evening I went to some of the talks at the Pint of Science festival (yes, there were some PoS events being held in London but I fancied a particular one in Cambridge and it seemed a good idea as I have the week off). Now I'm knackered and sick of being on trains, so I'll be staying put until it's time to go back to work.

The best news, though, is that a nice washing machine engineer has got the new machine up and running HOORAY! Clapping
23-05-2015, 02:22 AM
I saw the term PoS and chuckled. My mind's swimming in the base and vulgar today. Meanwhile, I'm happy the weekend's at hand. I need to get new tires as mine are showing their age. Bye bye money. PissedOff