Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
11-06-2015, 08:56 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
(11-06-2015 02:38 AM)simspeaker4 Wrote:  What do you look for in Top Gear, Caspin? Is there an easy on the eyes host?

Biggrin If Top Gear was reliant on hosts being easy on the eyes, it would have had the plug pulled on it years ago!

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2015, 09:43 AM
Ha! I can't stand Top Gear. If Hammond and May had presented it on their own, it might have been bearable. Unfortunately Jeremy Clarkson's massive ego, self-absorption and overwhelming misogyny were the dominating influences. And no, not too easy on the eyes either! Biggrin

Today it is HOT! *hides under hat*
11-06-2015, 01:06 PM
I was thinking of this guy

William Woollard was on Top Gear back in the 80s. I love that voice.
11-06-2015, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2015 07:35 PM by Caspin.)
Nice!

RIP Christopher Lee. He was a scary vampire and a naughty wizard. Not much more you can ask for in a man, really.

Just playing Plants v Zombies here and even the freaking zombie has a bloody ironic moustache!
13-06-2015, 12:35 AM
LoL I love PvZ xD And was so sad to hear about Christopher Lee's passing Sad

Ugh, I'm so tired xD

Member since March 17th, 2008
Forever and Always, a SimsForums Oldie
13-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Most frustrating things about Plants v Zombies are that the EA servers keep freezing up (no really, try to conceal your shock!) and that most of the people playing are not team players!
13-06-2015, 08:13 PM
I've heard a lot about it but I've never played it. I'll miss Christopher Lee something fierce. As long as Ian McKellen doesn't leave anytime soon, I'll be happy.
15-06-2015, 06:47 AM
Sad to see Christopher Lee and Rod Moody all going in one day, was pretty cross with some of the nasty stuff printed about them before they were even cold once the libel laws no longer applied.

Both were brilliant, talented actors, especially Lee, who managed to pack in more adventures in the first 25 years of his life before turning to acting than most of us will do in our lives. Always thought it a shame he never got an Oscar.

My computer's driving me nuts right now as it keeps minimising whenever I use any programs other than a web browser. Have tried everything and it still won't behave.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
15-06-2015, 03:22 PM
It would seem that quite a few people could not distinguish Christopher Lee from Ian McKellen and were lamenting the loss of the wrong man on social media. Most unfortunate.

I did not see any of these diatribes in the papers (as I avoid newspapers as much as I can) but the state of the press these days is such that it's no surprise that they'd write a load of crap about someone recently deceased. Sad.

I don't know what is going on with your computer, Minty. Sounds very strange. Has it run some updates recently and developed some wayward ideas as a result of communication with Microsoft? Have you tried threatening it with a rolling pin?
15-06-2015, 05:50 PM
I have to admit, when I first heard of Lee's death, I pictured Ian McKellen, too, but I realizes my mistake pretty fast. What really surprises me is that no one on my facebook seems to care. Although some of them are movie fans...? When Terry Pratchett died, my facebook exploded. But well.