Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
24-08-2015, 06:41 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
OK that weekend was not funny, barely did I get a wink of sleep because it was so hot at night I woke up a dozen times.

Elsewhere my brother's TV blew up when he tried to fix it with a hammer. I was going to ask him if there was a green plumbob over his head but he wouldn't have got the joke.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2015, 09:23 AM
He did what?! What a strange course of action to choose. Fryingpan

I hope the humidity is brought under control soon and that you and everyone else having trouble sleeping gets some zzzzzzzzzz.
27-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Thank goodness the bank holiday's almost upon us. The morons at work today sacked one of the hardest working members of the team on a completely jumped up charge so she could be replaced by an intern.

I hate what this country has become, I really do.

28-08-2015, 05:46 PM
I hear you. By coincidence things went horribly wrong in my office as well this week (or is there something in the air). There was almost a mass resignation and several nights spent fretting rather than sleeping, which is not like me. Relieved to reach Friday and now escaping to Cornwall for a few days to recover my sanity and ponder in peace. The train trip to the far south west has to be one of the most beautiful, soothing routes in the world.

I wish you a peaceful weekend. I'll have a pint of ale for you.
28-08-2015, 07:26 PM
(24-08-2015 09:23 AM)Caspin Wrote:  He did what?! What a strange course of action to choose. Fryingpan

I hope the humidity is brought under control soon and that you and everyone else having trouble sleeping gets some zzzzzzzzzz.

Still having tons of fun with humidity Caspin? Don't cross the pond to Central Canada then. It's gone back to being miserably humid.
30-08-2015, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 10:13 PM by Minty.)
On Thursday after overhearing some of the bar stewards joking about getting applications in quick for the spare holiday slots opened by the sackings, I decided to extend the Bank Holiday weekend into an all weeker, applying to take the time from Tuesday to Friday off.

With less than an hour to go before the end of work, it was approved, one or two having a royal beal to themselves when they realised there had been 4 days for grabs & they missed the last slot.

Lucky I had, since the upstairs phoneline packed in two nights back so I need to get the telephone engineers out to get it fix. But I also realised next week is when the dafties switch all their systems to the Cloud. It's going to be chaos, blood & snorters everywhere - SO GLAD I've dodged that disaster.

Going to see this last night made up for all of it!

01-09-2015, 11:28 AM
Ha! Well done Minty for snagging those days off and escaping the Cloud! I'm back to work tomorrow and slightly dreading it. I hope there haven't been any further problems. Maybe I'll turn up to find there's only three of us left or something! Although that would at least resolve the hotdesking crisis.

Sad to leave Cornwall, as always, but kind of looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight. And not carrying a backpack.

The humidity wasn't a problem by the sea, simspeaker, so I've had a nice break from it, and in fact it was sunny most of the time. I went to the Newlyn Fish Festival and ate a lot of nice fish. Plus I went on a lifeboat, which was fascinating, although I nearly passed out in the engine room due to the heat. I watched a fish auction At the market - very fast and intense!

At the end of this week I'm off to Italy. I've been tracking the weather and it's been baking hot and around 37C for weeks. Forecast for the day I arrive? Thunderstorms!
02-09-2015, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 11:02 AM by Minty.)
Yeah, temperatures appear to be having a late rally before autumn.

Can't believe the stupidity behind this one.

Did they really think they would get to do this without it all blowing up in their faces? Auschwitz has been very poorly run for years now, & I hope what seems to be some muppet's idea of a sick joke dressed up as customer care sees them getting the sack.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

03-09-2015, 12:23 AM
Wow. That pic... some people.... Anyway, I dragged myself into the bright shining 21st century the other day. Now I feel generic with my smart phone. I'm actually going to miss my flip-phone. Feels weird to hunt through my little bag and not feel it. Sad
03-09-2015, 09:09 PM
Aw, flip-phones... god did I hate those. Always felt like I'd break them apart any moment.
I still have a push-phone, if they're called that, you know, the ones you, well, push.