Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
05-09-2015, 04:43 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
Greetings from Italy! Not one single leg of my journey occurred without a delay or problem. I should have arrived hours ago and am bloody knackered. But hey I made it. Two facts for the day - (1) pulling bags on wheels across cobbles is hard work and (2) there are a lot if people going around Rome on segways. Weird, right?

Congrats on new phone tech - soon I really will be the last person left on the planet with a non-smartphone.
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 10:26 PM
Make sure you get a proper pizza while in Italy - & that other food beginning with the letter P I can't remember right now Tongue

I haven't got a smartphone either, & all the nagging emails & junk mail from my broadband provider isn't going to change that.

Back to work tomorrow - oh well it was nice while it lasted. Wonder who will have been sacked by the time I get back this time, or who will have fallen out with who for no reason plausible to the rational?

At least there will be a good laugh tomorrow night as Germany destroys Scotland & all this nonsense about qualifying for Euro 2016 will cease. Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
07-09-2015, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 05:45 PM by Caspin.)
(06-09-2015 10:26 PM)Minty Wrote:  Make sure you get a proper pizza while in Italy - & that other food beginning with the letter P I can't remember right now Tongue

Pecorino? Tongue

From SimsForums to the ancient Roman Forum. I'll let you decide which is in better shape. Biggrin

[Image: image.jpg1_2.jpg]

Don't worry, I am eating plenty of pizza, probably enough for all of us. To my amazement, desperate being in the home of offal-eating, I've managed to remain pescatarian at most meals. No brains and no tripe! Yes

The thought of going back to work horrifies me. Maybe I will just stay here. I wish.
12-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Smelltic losing to Aberdeen (who now go top of the league), my brother telling me his wife's pregnant, & to top it all:-

[Image: zt7llu.jpg]

Biggrin

If this doesn't kill the twitching corpse of Scottish Labour stone dead, nothing will, & all those "Scotch" Tories who loaned the SNP their votes to kick Labour out in May will now have no choice but to back the SNP again in the Holyrood elections next year fearing a resurgence during the Corbyn honeymoon might put Labour back in - & an ultra-leftie Labour at that!

All that's required now is for Jacob Rees Mogg to become Tory leader & come the next English by election I'll be sticking £100 on the Monster Raving Loony candidate to win it as the only creditable party left south of Hadrian's Wall Tongue

19-09-2015, 11:08 AM
Congratulations to your brother and his wife - a nice little mini-mint to look forward to! I always have to stare very hard at people who have just announced that they are pregnant since, in my experience at least, half want congratulating and the other half commiserating.

I'm glad you are so chuffed by the turn of events, politically speaking. Spare a thought, though, for those of us stuck south of The Wall, with our incredibly non-credible options!

Somehow, against all the odds, I am managing to cling to the amazing relaxed and happy outlook that I managed to achieve while in Italy. It's the way I used to feel years ago, before life events made me all cynical and worn-down! Even allowing for the fact that everything seems better when you are on holiday, being among generally pleasant, friendly and relaxed people did me a lot of good. Coming back to the frantic pace of London, with everyone rushing around, shoving everyone else out of their way (physically and metaphorically) because of their inflated sense of their own importance, should really have undone all my relaxing within minutes, but it has not. I have decided to make it a somewhat belated new year's resolution to maintain this feeling for as long as I can!

I think I will now go and read my book. Catch you later!
19-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Being fair to Corbyn, he's one of the few MPs whose majority has increased in the last 2 successive elections. Got to be doing something right when you get an increase even when you're in the governing party & they lose.

I don't see there being a split in Labour. The "Blairites" stayed in the party during the days of Foot & bided their time. There's always been Tories with red rosettes in Labour because they're such a cushy number. Sir Giles Radice was the worst, one of Phony Tony's near neighbours. I laughed at the SDP (yes they still exist!) congratulating Corbyn & telling any prospective MP defectors not to bother but saying they'd welcome any disillusioned Corbynistas when he goes back on his promises! Biggrin

Very surprised Plaid Cymru were so hostile, but I suppose they see a more leftish Labour being a competitor again.

Very autumny day up here. Weather's fine, but you can feel it getting colder already. My brother seems to have come to terms with becoming a father - already he's talking about "the right schools" before it's even born!

Know what you mean about how ignorant the public are. Top pet hate are those who think because they're reading their mobile phones, everyone else should be paying attention to where they're going!

20-09-2015, 09:27 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2015 09:30 AM by Caspin.)
The right schools? Oh boy, they're going to be like that, are they? I wish them luck with the kid and the kid luck with them! They'll be trying to get it into Mensa before it's finished reading The Hungry Caterpillar and making it play cello recitals before its third birthday. You might have to be Uncle Minty The Voice Of Reason in the child's life. Tongue

Funniest thing I've seen on telly was that new leader of the Lib Dems predicting that all the Labour MPs will stampede over to their party now and saying that they were now the main opposition party. He was all flushed and shiny with the excitement of it all. Florid and shouty. We shouted "who are you?!" at him. It was like being unruly at the footy. Biggrin

At least Australia managed to get rid of their stupid PM, although I have not read up on the new one so he could be just as bad I suppose.

Sunday morning. My only weekend off out of a block of four. So what happens? I run out of tea. Budo
20-09-2015, 03:35 PM
I have no idea what you two are blathering about. Dizzy-1

Rifftrax - Some movies have it coming! http://www.rifftrax.com

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Rifftrax. Just a fan. I think they're awesome. BeatingHeart

I'm Richard Hammond's biggest American fan. BeatingHeart
20-09-2015, 05:31 PM
1. A baby and the potential perils of competitive parenting
2. Recent political developments
3. Tea (or I should say my lack of tea)
4. The weather recently turning colder
5. Football, including the defeat of a team Minty dislikes
6. The failure of the general public to meet reasonable standards of behaviour

Most of the usual stuff, really, apart from no. 1.
21-09-2015, 09:49 PM
What an amusing day!