Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
The Official Nonsense Thread
21-11-2015, 05:43 PM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
This morning we had sleet! Just a little bit. I had to run to the shop to get milk and was very glad I put on gloves first. It's not warm any more.

Slept for nine hours solid last night but still feel sleepy before 5.00 pm. I am utterly useless and will just be over there on the sofa, dozing like a cat. Yes
Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2015, 09:00 PM
Hope you don't take a tumble on the ice. I hurt my knee a little when I slipped yesterday. I'm pretty sure it's going to snow more. How much snow does your area usually get, Caspin?
21-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Blimey be careful out there, won't you! We often get zero snow. Or not much anyhow. However a mere leaf is enough to bring the nation's infrastructure to its knees, so it's probably good that we don't normally get anything overly dramatic.

I did actually fell asleep for an hour earlier. Apparently I needed ten hours! Now time to settle down with a nice drink and make the most of the weekendness.
22-11-2015, 10:45 PM
How did your weekend go, Caspin? Football games (CFL, not British football) on the telly today. My parents are having my sister, her fiance, and myself over for football watching and supper today.
Hope you have a great week!
23-11-2015, 08:03 PM
Football-watching and supper sound great and an excellent combination. Especially if the supper includes sausage rolls! My footy team played on Saturday and one of the players managed to snap his leg, the poor lad. And we lost.

My weekend was a beautiful thing, but now it is over. *weeps for weekend* Read a chunk of Wolf Hall, drank several godfathers, slept as much as I liked, descaled the washing machine. Good times!

Have managed to get out of 30% of the Christmas activities at work. I think that's the best I can manage. I cannot currently see how on earth I am going to get done all the work that has to be completed before we close for the break, but I appear to be the only one who cares, so I think I will just have to put up and shut up. I will smile politely while the enforced "fun" occurs. I may even wear a festive hat, not least because it's cold in there at the mo.

The big question of the day is: what did our Minty do to get himself banned on the official forums? Can you tell us, Minty, or is the shame too great? Did you push a guru over the edge by asking for more comment-judgement buttons? After all, that is all people talk about there as far as I can see. Whether they should have LOL or "insightful" or "gibberish" or WTF.

Better get ready for yoga. Those shapes aren't going to make themselves.

Have a good week everyone!
27-11-2015, 12:55 AM
So have you found out why Minty got banned? Somebody having a bad day and they just decided to take it out on him?
Meanwhile it's Black Friday in the States and (to a lesser extent) Canada. I've heard the UK has also begun to fall prey to the insanity. I hope at least things aren't so bad that folks are getting trampled. That sort of horrible thing happens in the States when people get extra greedy and swept up into a frenzy. Shocked
If anyone does decide to go shopping during Black Friday, please stay safe! This is my plea for the morrow. Smile
27-11-2015, 12:56 AM
(23-11-2015 08:03 PM)Caspin Wrote:  The big question of the day is: what did our Minty do to get himself banned on the official forums? Can you tell us, Minty, or is the shame too great? Did you push a guru over the edge by asking for more comment-judgement buttons? After all, that is all people talk about there as far as I can see. Whether they should have LOL or "insightful" or "gibberish" or WTF.

I was worried for a moment I'd lost access to my purchases. I'm able to get on my account on the old officials no problem. I do notice someone called Simguru Monkey has sent me the same message twice telling me I registered my games on 14th November 2015 - uh no I registered my game in July 2009, thank you for asking! (see pic).

If you mean the "new" forum, I've never logged onto the new one even once. Getting banned without even trying is great going even by EA standards, unless they're banning all the never used accounts to stop hackers getting in to cause trouble. Wasn't there some sort of security compromise with the Origin lot earlier in the year?

Whatever the case, no skin off my nose. I do all my talking here with what time I have. But how nice to be banned from a forum I never joined or was asked if I wanted to join and never took a single part in! Biggrin

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

Attached File(s) Image(s)

[Image: 135762.jpg]
27-11-2015, 01:01 AM
Very much relieved, good sir! I wonder if my account on the new forum's been banned as well? I have logged in post TS4 so maybe not. Anyway, hope you are having a good day.
27-11-2015, 08:20 AM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2015 08:22 AM by Caspin.)
Hahaha - they banned you from a forum you never used. Sounds about right for them. Good to see you're taking it like a man. Biggrin

Friday again. I'm very relieved, having been battling an increasingly horrible sore throat and headache for the last few days. It has now caused me to lose my voice, which could make today interesting. No phone duty for me, I guess, unless people want to hear me wheezing away. They'd probably think they'd called some premium rate number of a morally questionable enterprise. I can still type though, so you lot are not spared. Tongue
28-11-2015, 03:21 AM
My observations on matters PIF have introduced me to the TV license you guys have across the pond. I'm pretty sure it's not nearly as bad as the ads suggest. Here's a funny one.

Opinions on the TV license ye wonderful Brits?