23-02-2017, 11:02 AM
RE: The Official Nonsense Thread
A wee bit of snow & the southern jessies get into a panic! Tongue

Egyptiandance Wacko Tease

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2017, 04:15 PM
(23-02-2017 11:02 AM)Minty Wrote:  A wee bit of snow & the southern jessies get into a panic! Tongue

I'm a southern jessie! No snow down here, but it's a bit on the windy side.

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
24-02-2017, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2017 02:22 AM by simspeaker4.)
(23-02-2017 11:02 AM)Minty Wrote:  A wee bit of snow & the southern jessies get into a panic! Tongue

At least it's not going down to -30 in the UK. It did that in Canada a couple of weeks ago.

Hello Matt! How have you been of late? I just finished reading 'Seven Dials' by Anne Perry. A rather good book. It's an inservice tomorrow so I won't have any kids to (ahem) supervise.
My cat says hi (and feedmefeedmefeedmeNAO!)
24-02-2017, 11:28 AM
I was on holiday somewhere warm last week and met a few Canadians there who were saying how it was -40C where they were from! Can't imagine living somewhere so cold...

I'm always happy to help! If you need anything, just send me a personal message (PM) and I'll try help if I can...
24-02-2017, 02:12 PM
It just means I put on the heavy parka and balaclava, plug the car in at night (and during the day when I'm at work), and indoor recess at work. That last one is kinda PissedOff but thankfully it doesn't happen often. We've had above 0 temps of late which has wreaked havoc with our annual Festival du Voyageur. Those poor snow and ice sculptures! BangHead
So how have you been, Matt? Where did you go for your warmth, you southern person?
24-02-2017, 02:43 PM
Electric car hey, noice!

Yeah, I'm southern UK. Was in St Lucia last week, was very toasty.

25-02-2017, 02:20 AM
It would be nice to have an electric car. Maybe someday. Here in the grim up north of Canada we need block heaters to keep our car batteries from dying due to the xtreme cold. That's what I meant by plugging in my car. I haven't had to plug it in lately because it's been okay temperature-wise but the -30s and -40s will be back before long.
Just because some of the groundhogs saw their shadow doesn't mean winter's on the run yet. It must have been wonderful in St. Lucia. Lucky dude. Oh, and are you TVS or TSW, Matt?
26-02-2017, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2017 01:32 PM by Minty.)
My word, Matt appeared? Hi Matt, it's not snow storms you get in Norfolk anyway, but green fly storms!

Sologamy?

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle...awful-idea

Please someone tell me this is all made up, that people don't actually "marry" themselves!

Loved Jeremy Corbyn's excuse for losing the Copeland by-election (a seat Labour had held since 1935!), it was due to disillusioned voters feeling they “have been let down by the political establishment”. But of course, why else would they vote instead for the party that's been in office the last 7 years! They fought a campaign with a leaflet which literally said "Babies will die" if the Tory candidate won, & wondered why locals stopped taking them seriously.

I won almost £100 on that by election, & have cheerily stuck £100 on the Tories winning the most seats at the next general election. I'm not one for gambling, but it's free money, & a better rate of interest - 35% - than I can get off any of my bloody ISAs, bank accounts or shares thanks to the party that's screwed up the economy for almost a decade being certain to ruin the place for another five years pending.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

26-02-2017, 03:46 PM
Is putting money on the Tories to win like trying to score in hockey on an empty net? It's pretty much a sure thing? And what is going on with that by-election?
Meanwhile, I wonder what's become of Ollie and Wandarine? I hope they are doing all right.
05-03-2017, 05:32 PM
Ollie I'm guessing has vanished - he was spending a lot of time elsewhere. Wandarine I'm not sure.

The weather is glorious up here again today - hoping for the signs of an early spring but it is very frosty in the mornings. The afternoons however are perfect for the time of year. Gives me the happys. I've had some at work wondering why I'm so happy all the time, like it's a crime to wander around with a face that's not looking like an entry to the national gurning contest.

One reason I've got to be happy is taking advantage of a little calendar anomaly which happens this year.

I booked holiday time from Tuesday 18 April to Friday 28 April, which costs 5 days. However, as Good Friday & Easter Monday are on the 14th & 18th, & the May Day bank holiday is on the 1st, once you factor in the weekends, that means I'm off from 14 April until 1 May - 18 straight days. Biggrin

EgyptiandanceWackoFryingpan