Member of the Month
08-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Re: Member of the Month
Ok lol
I dont like the idea of randomized though
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2009, 10:42 PM
(06-01-2009 01:46 AM)SuggieGlider link Wrote:I'd say picked by random.

Most people don't care about fairness and making others feel at home, it's about who they favor and stuff.

The mods just pick someone...get all the active member's names, and the first one a mod stares at is the member of the month.
But what if they pick a regular most people
dislike or don't think deserves it?
I say nomination and such;
because Member of the Month seems like something you'd want to be
proud of, no something random.

[size=5pt][center]Do you love Him, Do you love Him? Oh yes!<br />Do you love Him? Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Oh yes!<br /> God almighty. Are you anchored? Are you anchored?<br />LORD,I'm anchored, my soul's been anchored in the Lord.<br />Lord, I'm anchored. Oh yes! Lord, I love You. Oh yes!<br />Yes, I'll serve You. Oh yes! Lord, I'll praise You. Oh yes! <br />My soul's been anchored in the Lord, my Lord, in, the, lord.<br /><br />cantabile oh nine xo
08-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Well, it happens all the time, in professional places, schools, churches, everyplace.

People are picked for special things off of favortism and who is the most popular.  People don't care who has earned it or whatever.

Imagine voting for a high school class president...would you choose the popular kid, who may also be your friend and she doesn't know what she is doing?  She wants stupid things like new pop machines and fancier cheerleading outfits.  Or would you choose the nerdy kid who wants to put student activities that everyone is interested in in the schools, healthier food, and knows what he is doing?  Most kids would flock to the popular kid.

So imagine that there are fifty members on this forum.  Five of the members are John, Sue, Paul, Tim, and Brooke.  They have been on this forum for the longest time.  The first four are popular and stuff, Brooke, she still talks a lot on the forum and she isn't mean, she's really nice, but she just isn't as popular with the members.  And all the other members are medium popular to not popular or known.  So let's say month 1's choice is John, the 2nd month is Sue, then Tim, then Paul, the month 5 comes, Vince is chosen (Vince hasn't been on the forum as long, and he only got picked because he is Sue's friend), then Brooke never gets voted on, because it's always a big popularity contest.  Then after 49 months, Brooke thinks she would get picked, but Paul gets picked all over again.

Then it may not be a big popularity contest on this forum, because it's really nice on here.  I just seen so many things in my life that ends up being a big popularity contest and it's not all with children...it's at work and at church.

Then it can be this rule that a member cannot be picked twice in a year or two.  But what if after two years, that member is picked again, then someone else who was picked before.  Some of the faithful regulars may never get picked.  Then you have to think about there's 12 months in a year.  And how many of us would be here in two years?  Four years?  or so?

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
08-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Heck, I changed my mind.  I need to live it up!  It's funner and it's a community thing if we all vote!

Let's live it up! Big Grin

Pokemon and Fire Emblem Forum<br /><br />http://pokemblem.b1.jcink.com/index.php?
08-01-2009, 11:41 PM
I VOTE FOR WEEKLY MEMBER OF THE WEEK.
Big Grin
Then, everyone will get to be member of the week, or even fortnightly, like I mentioned on the first page. Monthly is too long of a wait, I reckon. We won't get enough time to go through everyone monthly.
10-01-2009, 05:48 PM
(28-11-2008 10:09 PM)мя. ѕιмму link Wrote:it was a simile Wink
It was more like sarcasm...
What's with the 3rd grade English grammar discussion? {lol}
Anyhow, I agree with Rena that a month is much too long to wait. There aren't enough months in a year to do this monthly.
I was thinking every 2 weeks...

[center]<br />CHICKEN NUGGETS.<br />i'm eating some right now. no, you can't have any, you imbecile!
10-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I agree with every two weeks.  Like as I said, who is gonna be on here in 2 years?  5 years?

I really want to, but things change, stuff happens.  We don't know what's in the future. 

10-01-2009, 08:34 PM
ya, I would like to be here in 5 years and still talk about wonderful TS3 and -gasp- about an upcoming TS4 (if it really did happen) but like you said, things change.  I know I will still be a TS3 fan, that's just a given, but dedication to a forum 5 years is, well, dedication.  Right now I say I will because I truly would like to but we'll see. 

Anyway, every two weeks sounds resonable.

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]
10-01-2009, 08:54 PM
I would love to be on here 5 years from now too.

Only reason I would leave if this forum goes downhill, like the more people that join, the more mean people there are, then the good ones go away, then it isn't really fun.  It would be all these noobish topics and stuff...like this:  (like look through these pages...it's all the same thing and complaints)  I would leave this forum if it ever ends up like this, or would be silent.

http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/community/bbs...27,item.23

10-01-2009, 08:58 PM
ya, I would leave if this forum became silent and forgotten or rude and senseless.  Right now though, this forum is the best I have ever been a part of!  Although, this one also is about one of my favorite things but I do love the members here, we have a very nice forum.

~ Laura ~<br /><br />[Image: buffythevampireslayer.png]
<br /><br />[red]Only a vampire can love you forever.<br /><br />[green]TS3 comes out June 2!!!&nbsp; Get Excited!!!<br /><br />[Image: 6Q1Z.gif]
<br />[Image: 6RHK.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: 04q7.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: Rx9p.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: w2pa.gif]
&nbsp; [Image: ttv4.gif]