Click me to see why these adverts are here

Login:
or Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
(release) littleton island
20-06-2013, 09:19 PM
RE: (release) littleton island
I altered the size of the pictures because they were breaking the page - please people, don't make pictures bigger than 717 in width - ideally 500 for a good picture to text ratio.

My apologies for not commenting on this one sooner, but to be honest I only spotted it yesterday! I've no idea how this slipped past my attention.

Here's my review.

First of all, the island is tiny, & the loading time is practically non-existent, all good! Smile

There are seven empty homes (no pre-occupied), & only one of them cost more than a new single Sim could buy. The largest is on 37x24, the smallest on 24x11. All homes are unfurnished from the start.

[Image: 139746.jpg]

1 Rotten Road has the beach stretching out into the water like a big bit of paper. I've no idea if that was intentional, but it looks messy & needs resculptured in some way to blend in better with the rest of the island.

[Image: 139747.jpg]

Similarly there's a number of homes on cliff edges where it all looks too severe & need to be sculpted better.

That roof at 6 Stone Avenue is ghastly, & needs lowered. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

[Image: 139749.jpg]

The Commonwealth Court from Supernatural has been used (combines Political, Military & Law career rabbitholes), along with Steve's Business Complex & Restaurant (business, journalism & restaurant), helping to cram in all the basic game rabbit holes into a tiny island.

[Image: 139750.jpg]

Despite the lumpy part on the road, driving is fine.

I would be tempted to replace many of the big building rabbitholes with those from the likes of Sunlit Tides. You wouldn't get huge concrete carbuncles on a little island like this. You probably get away with Commonwealth Court as it's in the centre, but
those big buildings on the shortline feel a bit too much & would
replace with smaller rabbitholes.

All in all, a lovely first attempt, & anyone wanting to keep playing the Sims 3 with all their EPs on an underpowered rig may find this a real gem.

Egyptiandance Wacko Fryingpan

[Image: 135762.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: (release) littleton island - Caspin - 06-06-2013, 11:05 AM
RE: (release) littleton island - Minty - 20-06-2013 09:19 PM